Ryan Tannehill Close To Throwing Expected To Miss Jets Game | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ryan Tannehill Close To Throwing Expected To Miss Jets Game

I am puzzled by the die hard devotion to Tannehill. He is what he is after 6 years. I just think it’s time to move on. If he gets healthy and comes back this year fine, if not fine..the Dolphins are just not a good team this year.

Doesn’t matter who plays QB for this team. When you can’t stop the other team from scoring almost every time they get the ball its pointless

I am puzzled by the die hard devotion to Tannehill. He is what he is after 6 years. I just think it’s time to move on. If he gets healthy and comes back this year fine, if not fine..the Dolphins are just not a good team this year.
If the injury is what I think it is, he won't be ready for the Jets.
And, I'm fine with that.

I couldn’t stand Jay Cutler but I’d take him and his awful demeanor over Brock any day. I’d take Sage Rosefels over Brock.

Amendola had more TD passes than Brock. Geez you people crack me up. Ryan is injured cause Tunsil got a headache in Cincy.

Dude has never had a consistent o line, or defense to help him out.

The next QB should stay away from this fan base and pull an Eli and demand to not play for these fans cause everyone is expecting that QB to do it all.

Freaking Marino never won it all people. Ryan can’t do it all by himself just like Foles couldn’t. And no damn way Tua or Herbert are that good either

Last edited:
Wait.... You're thinking Brock had something to do with Parker playing better? Wow!!! Maybe because he got healthy enough to play is why he's done better with him than Tannehill?

I actually thought the opposite of the OP.

If limited Brock and healthy Parker went for 6 catches on 9 targets for 134 yards, how well will he be doing with a real QB (Tannehill) going forward?

At this point its irrelevant who starts starts these games. Oswieler has played better than I expected and Tannehill is well, Tannehill. Tannehill will never win the Dolphins a playoff game. He is mediocre at best and not worth what he makes. Id bet that the 2019 Miami Dolphins have a new starting QB..

I’m glad this is funny to you guys.

Brock sucks balls. Seasons about over.

Pretty sure the season would be just about over regardless of the QB situation. We had a chance to go 4-1 with Tannehill under center, but he couldn’t stop himself from handing 14 points to the Bengals in the 4th quarter. He did that. Not the offensive line. Not the defense. He gave away the football. He was careless with the football.

The Dolphins didn’t start 3-0 because of Tannehill. They started 3-0 because the defense was making timely stops and forcing insanely timely turnovers (for example, see Xavier Howard’s end zone INT against the Jets after Tannehill just dropped the football deep in his own territory).

I totally understand that you’re a huge Tannehill fan. If you’re a Dolphins fan, it would be ridiculous to not want Tannehill to succeed. At a certain point, though, we can’t keep pointing to one stretch of games in 2016 as the Holy Grail. The bottom line is that he’s a sub-.500 QB. Take away all of the noise about coaches handcuffing him, his offensive line not protecting him, etc., and you’re still left with a sub-.500 QB.

Pretty sure the season would be just about over regardless of the QB situation. We had a chance to go 4-1 with Tannehill under center, but he couldn’t stop himself from handing 14 points to the Bengals in the 4th quarter. He did that. Not the offensive line. Not the defense. He gave away the football. He was careless with the football.

The Dolphins didn’t start 3-0 because of Tannehill. They started 3-0 because the defense was making timely stops and forcing insanely timely turnovers (for example, see Xavier Howard’s end zone INT against the Jets after Tannehill just dropped the football deep in his own territory).

I totally understand that you’re a huge Tannehill fan. If you’re a Dolphins fan, it would be ridiculous to not want Tannehill to succeed. At a certain point, though, we can’t keep pointing to one stretch of games in 2016 as the Holy Grail. The bottom line is that he’s a sub-.500 QB. Take away all of the noise about coaches handcuffing him, his offensive line not protecting him, etc., and you’re still left with a sub-.500 QB.

You talking about the fastball snap from the center Swanson?

First snap he plays he fires a rocket and that’s on the qb?

Did you see Brock throw the ball backwards Thursday for 6 and get bailed out by the officials?

If Tunsil doesn’t get hurt we win that game at Cincy, after the momentum swung we weren’t winning that game, it was just a matter of time.

You talking about the fastball snap from the center Swanson?

First snap he plays he fires a rocket and that’s on the qb?

Did you see Brock throw the ball backwards Thursday for 6 and get bailed out by the officials?

Nope, not talking about a bad snap. It was play-action designed roll-out. Tannehill rolled directly into a rushing LB (Jenkins) and as he was attempting to throw the ball away, basically dropped the ball. It was like the old Football Follies. Would have been good to have some silly music as the soundtrack.

I’m absolutely sure that you remember this play. We were up 20-6 at the time. The Jets had just scored. This was the first play after the kickoff, so thanks to Tannehill’s carelessness with the football, the Jets were handed a golden opportunity to cut the lead to 20-13 or 20-14. A lead that had been 20-0. Thankfully, on the very next play, Xavier Howard made a gorgeous INT in the end zone.

If Tunsil doesn’t get hurt we win that game at Cincy, after the momentum swung we weren’t winning that game, it was just a matter of time.

You may be right, but the question becomes, if the Bengals have to drive the field to get their points, could they have done it? Maybe. But we didn’t have to figure that out, because TANNEHILL handed them 14 points on plays that took no time off of the 4th quarter clock.

Back
Top Bottom