Ryan Tannehill Close To Throwing Expected To Miss Jets Game | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ryan Tannehill Close To Throwing Expected To Miss Jets Game

Nope, not talking about a bad snap. It was play-action designed roll-out. Tannehill rolled directly into a rushing LB (Jenkins) and as he was attempting to throw the ball away, basically dropped the ball. It was like the old Football Follies. Would have been good to have some silly music as the soundtrack.

I’m absolutely sure that you remember this play. We were up 20-6 at the time. The Jets had just scored. This was the first play after the kickoff, so thanks to Tannehill’s carelessness with the football, the Jets were handed a golden opportunity to cut the lead to 20-13 or 20-14. A lead that had been 20-0. Thankfully, on the very next play, Xavier Howard made a gorgeous INT in the end zone.

Yes i do remember that. And yeah I agree that one was football follies like. And I will give you the end result play on the max protect where he tried to dump to the tight end and it took a bad bounce off his helmet for 6.

The play he actually got hurt on though nah. 3rd and 17 chasing scoreboard and sticks etc flushed climbs tries to throw deep gets hit on his throwing arm. Happens to everyone. Unfortunate but happens.

Now the underthrow fade to gesicki week 1 where the ball slipped out of his hand yep I will give you that one too.

But if you don’t think these things happen to every qb I got news for you they do.

Even Brock’s backwards play. He should have saw that blitzer and got that ball out but he didn’t and he almost gifted them 6. But regardless of that he’s not executing the plays that are there at all.

Ryan is not gonna execute anywhere near that level poor Thursday. Just not gonna happen. He’s not leaving those plays on the field vs Detroit either.

How do I know cause I’ve seen enough of his tape showing me as much.

Kinda funny that Brock is being held to a higher standard after coming in cold off the bench while Tannehill gets a pass for 6 years to show that he's nothing more than average.
Missed a wide open receiver? Ooooo. Should be used to that by now, Tannehill has been doing it his whole career.
Brock did manage to find Parker enough times to set up a career day for Parker the first time they played together.
You don't even have to go the 6 year route. Every year we hear about that 4-6 game syncing period Tannehill and the offense needs.
But yeah **** on a QB who comes off the bench and misses a receiver he has never played with.:lol:

Vs the bears I think the ask with tanny relative to Brock would have been similar. Cause the gameplan was ball out of hand primary.

So I would have expected similar results although I also would have expected zone read cause of tannys legs threat.

Detroit and houston though? Lots of plays left on the field.

Yes i do remember that. And yeah I agree that one was football follies like. And I will give you the end result play on the max protect where he tried to dump to the tight end and it took a bad bounce off his helmet for 6.

The play he actually got hurt on though nah. 3rd and 17 chasing scoreboard and sticks etc flushed climbs tries to throw deep gets hit on his throwing arm. Happens to everyone. Unfortunate but happens.

Now the underthrow fade to gesicki week 1 where the ball slipped out of his hand yep I will give you that one too.

But if you don’t think these things happen to every qb I got news for you they do.

Even Brock’s backwards play. He should have saw that blitzer and got that ball out but he didn’t and he almost gifted them 6. But regardless of that he’s not executing the plays that are there at all.

Ryan is not gonna execute anywhere near that level poor Thursday. Just not gonna happen. He’s not leaving those plays on the field vs Detroit either.

How do I know cause I’ve seen enough of his tape showing me as much.

As I mentioned, I can appreciate your defense of Tannehill. But I just can’t agree with what you’re saying about Tannehill not leaving plays on the field. Our points-scored during his tenure as starting QB just do not support your argument. You can watch tape, but the bottom line is POINTS SCORED.

And as far as “football follies” moments happening to every QB, sure. But top QBs make enough plays to overcome the “football follies” moments. Tannehill played 5 games this season, and he put on tape two of the worst plays you could see from a QB....a play where the ball just flat-out drops out of his hand deep in his own territory, and another play where he basically flips the ball over his shoulder into a mixer of bodies and it gets returned for TD (and it flipped the game on its head, to boot).

As I mentioned, I can appreciate your defense of Tannehill. But I just can’t agree with what you’re saying about Tannehill not leaving plays on the field. Our points-scored during his tenure as starting QB just do not support your argument. You can watch tape, but the bottom line is POINTS SCORED.

And as far as “football follies” moments happening to every QB, sure. But top QBs make enough plays to overcome the “football follies” moments. Tannehill played 5 games this season, and he put on tape two of the worst plays you could see from a QB....a play where the ball just flat-out drops out of his hand deep in his own territory, and another play where he basically flips the ball over his shoulder into a mixer of bodies and it gets returned for TD (and it flipped the game on its head, to boot).

Ok well then show me on the tape. I will go over with you any gif you want to. No problem.

It is odd to me that plays are being left on the field at a higher clip without tanny but if that’s what the tape tells me that’s what I’m gonna go with.

Honestly I think the o line play has gotten better same for some of the execution from the non qb skill guys of late.

But conversely the defense has taken a dump.

We’ve gotten away from some of that zone read too which allows for more options play call wise in the passing game.

And we’ve run the ball with some success of late. Which is really key

Ok well then show me on the tape. I will go over with you any gif you want to. No problem.

It is odd to me that plays are being left on the field at a higher clip without tanny but if that’s what the tape tells me that’s what I’m gonna go with.

Honestly I think the o line play has gotten better same for some of the execution from the non qb skill guys of late.

We’ve gotten away from some of that zone read too which allows for more options play call wise in the passing game.

There’s no specific “tape” or “gif” to show that the Dolphins offense hasn’t been scoring at a solid clip with Tannehill as the starting QB. It’s a body of work.

I could care less when he returns. No difference between him or Brock

That is just incorrect. Not that it matters who our QB is. But ask the Jaquars or any other decent team with a useless QB who they would rather have and all would say Tannehill. Just so happens that it doesn't matter for us with the defense in shambles.

I’m glad this is funny to you guys.

Brock sucks balls. Seasons about over.
Not funny at all. We all bleed aqua and want the team to do well.

But the fact remains that sometimes the whole faulty house has to burn down before you can build a proper one.

There’s no specific “tape” or “gif” to show that the Dolphins offense hasn’t been scoring at a solid clip with Tannehill as the starting QB. It’s a body of work.

I know but unless you are in my living room I can’t go over a whole game or body of them with you can I?

The lack of zone read and the lack of the QB being a threat to run is ultimately dooming him and the offense

Even if he is off on some of the longer throws you can’t just escape the pocket and bail out of the play with a throwaway . . . Every single time. That is very “anti todays” NFL.

Getting 24 points on that defense on the road without that aspect in the playbook seems unrealistic yet we managed somehow.

Yet with Ryan we might get to 20 and its almost like “we good”.

Weird, but the sample size of games is the proof in the pudding.

They are featuring gore as the primary with the inside run and that’s keeping things manageable for us on offense.

That’s the difference of late. Gore gets what the play call ask for. No yards left on the field.

And we’ve run the ball with some success of late. Which is really key
O line sucks with RT....

It’s gotten “better” since Oz came in ....

It will “suck again” when RT returns ....

It’s always the same pattern. Do you ever once think it’s also about the QB?

O line sucks with RT....

It’s gotten “better” since Oz came in ....

It will “suck again” when RT returns ....

It’s always the same pattern. Do you ever once think it’s also about the QB?

I think I know how to separate qb problem from other things.

I think I also know how to hold him accountable for what he should be. And how to hold others accountable for what they should be.

Back
Top Bottom