Ryan Tannehill Close To Throwing Expected To Miss Jets Game | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ryan Tannehill Close To Throwing Expected To Miss Jets Game

O line sucks with RT....

It’s gotten “better” since Oz came in ....

It will “suck again” when RT returns ....

It’s always the same pattern. Do you ever once think it’s also about the QB?

So Brock has an impact on the play of the OL? How exactly? That's really a ridiculously conclusion.

And look fellas I know everyone thinks I’m just a pass the buck guy for Tannehill or something but if I was that in love with his play this year I wouldn’t be saying tunsil is the top grade on offense or that gore is second at the half way point.

In fact I don’t even have a plus grade for tannehill at the half way point. The offense didn’t produce enough with him thru those 5 games.

I think he’s been rather average. But he missed 3 games that I think he would have taken it up a notch based on what I saw in those games from the o line the run game and the non qb skill players.

And I’m puzzled by the lack of timing routes in the offense with tanny under center in 2018. Something that dvp for example can really give us.

A quarterback with pocket awareness or elusiveness will absolutely make his OL look better. The subtle shifts, moves, steps, to "safer" positioning allows a slightly bigger margin for error.

I have always supported Tannehill... and he has improved every year for 5 straight years... but he has SUCH poor footwork in the pocket and has such a lack of elusiveness that it simply leaves no room for error for the guys protecting him.

He is the essential "do your job" guy - if Tannehill was an OL player he would be a solid guard... if he was a WR, he'd be excellent at running slants, and posts, and Hartline-esque route tree... if he was a RB, he'd be an excellent Eddie George 3ypc hit the hole straight each time...

Tannehill tries hard, he has excellent skills, but he doesn't have the "it" factor that a QB needs... he needs a Ravens/Buccaneers/Seahawks all-time type defense around him to be put out a Brad Johnson/Trent Dilfer type season... he's good enough to win - when EVERYTHING ELSE is perfect.

His lack of in the pocket footwork/elusiveness/awareness is ultimately what brings him down, where you can see he is soooo much better than Osweiler but works the pocket SO much worse that the results are "toss up".

Didn't think we were discussing whether RT was a good QB. Thought we were talking about who would help us win more. 32 teams passed on Brock over and over. Having said that, Brock hasn't been the reason we lost the last 2 games. Keep the arguments straight. Tannehill is lights years better than Brock but that's more a conclusion about Brock and less thinking that Tannehill is any good.

I know but unless you are in my living room I can’t go over a whole game or body of them with you can I?

But that is exactly my point, I don’t need to look at 82 game tapes to know that Dolphins have not scored enough points with Tannehill under center.

Didn't think we were discussing whether RT was a good QB. Thought we were talking about who would help us win more. 32 teams passed on Brock over and over. Having said that, Brock hasn't been the reason we lost the last 2 games. Keep the arguments straight. Tannehill is lights years better than Brock but that's more a conclusion about Brock and less thinking that Tannehill is any good.

Tannehill is a much much much more skilled quarterback whose pocket awareness and elusiveness is SO SO poor his overall effectiveness is about equally or maybe even less than Osweiler. That poster who compared stats of Tannehill vs Osweiler was so damning it was deflating to see that Osweiler led offense was more efficient in literally every single statistic than a Tannehill led one - not even ONE area was Tannehill more efficient with the offense... so sad.

A top10 first round draft pick qb, who has improved every year, and still is inconsistent and average, should have never been a first round draft pick. If he has improved every year like some say, it hasn't been much if at all.

A quarterback with pocket awareness or elusiveness will absolutely make his OL look better. The subtle shifts, moves, steps, to "safer" positioning allows a slightly bigger margin for error.

I have always supported Tannehill... and he has improved every year for 5 straight years... but he has SUCH poor footwork in the pocket and has such a lack of elusiveness that it simply leaves no room for error for the guys protecting him.

He is the essential "do your job" guy - if Tannehill was an OL player he would be a solid guard... if he was a WR, he'd be excellent at running slants, and posts, and Hartline-esque route tree... if he was a RB, he'd be an excellent Eddie George 3ypc hit the hole straight each time...

Tannehill tries hard, he has excellent skills, but he doesn't have the "it" factor that a QB needs... he needs a Ravens/Buccaneers/Seahawks all-time type defense around him to be put out a Brad Johnson/Trent Dilfer type season... he's good enough to win - when EVERYTHING ELSE is perfect.

His lack of in the pocket footwork/elusiveness/awareness is ultimately what brings him down, where you can see he is soooo much better than Osweiler but works the pocket SO much worse that the results are "toss up".
This

Personally I'd rather see if Brock can develop with more 1st team snaps. So far he's shown a much better knack for finding the TE on the field and, gotten much more out of Parker than Tannehill. He doesn't have the arm but seems more comfortable in the pocket.

Thinking this guy has any chance of devolving into an actual nfl qb is high level football ignorance.

Well, he already IS an NFL QB and, has a Superbowl ring to prove it so, he doesn't need to "devolve" to get to where he already is. You sure you didn't mean "develop" because the verb devolve is usually associated with the transfer of power or duties to a lower authority.

Last edited:
This board is such a fun place anymore.

I can only wonder how it will be when we fail to set up our next QB the same way we have the last 5-10 guys we’ve drafted.

Maybe we can get Advil to sponsor the team and forum...

Back
Top Bottom