Ryan Tannehill | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ryan Tannehill

It really sucks that fans are taking digs at each other today, but I feel like it kind of shows just how warped things have become with this fanbase in terms of how we feel about the quarterback play.

I thought our starting quarterback had a really good game yesterday. He played at a very high level. You don't have to like the guy, you don't have to think he's great, but at least admit he was real sharp against the Raiders and a contributor to the win. And as someone who has felt that he's good since 2013, even when that's been an unpopular position, I'm not going to sit here and crow about it.

Just ****ing beat New England.

Three games is a really shitty sample size, but after three games, EVEN DISCOUNTING THE TWO SHOVEL PASSES: 8.3 Y/A, 6.9% TD rate, 2.7% INT rate

Those are EXCELLENT efficiency numbers. Those are TOP SHELF efficiency numbers. Those are playoff efficiency numbers. Again, that's WITHOUT THE SHOVEL PASS TOUCHDOWNS.

So you can say that it's a small sample size, and I'll strongly agree. You can say that you want to see more, and I'll agree. But what you can't say is that he hasn't led a good passing offense over the first three games. BECAUSE IT'S JUST NOT TRUE. In fact, just the opposite, the Dolphins' passing offense has been PLAYOFF CALIBER in per-throw efficiency.

When his stats are good, it's cuz they're "padded"

When his stats are bad, it's all his fault (no blame for shitty oline, coaching, etc.)

I couldn't care less about stat interpretation. Dude is winning games, and a lot of them, at that. That's what I'm happy with. He's a leader on the field that this team desperately needs.

I know one thing. We need to see a heck of a lot more of Grant and Wilson than 19 combined snaps. The way they are playing, you don't replace them with Parker. Not even Amendola.

As efficient as Still is in the slot, I would put him there with Grant and Wilson outside. I would also go 4 WR at times to get Amendola or Parker in there. NE cannot match all that speed & quickness.

Grant and Wilson are getting crazy separation as well as YAC.

Last edited:
Three games is a really ****ty sample size, but after three games, EVEN DISCOUNTING THE TWO SHOVEL PASSES: 8.3 Y/A, 6.9% TD rate, 2.7% INT rate

Those are EXCELLENT efficiency numbers. Those are TOP SHELF efficiency numbers. Those are playoff efficiency numbers. Again, that's WITHOUT THE SHOVEL PASS TOUCHDOWNS.

So you can say that it's a small sample size, and I'll strongly agree. You can say that you want to see more, and I'll agree. But what you can't say is that he hasn't led a good passing offense over the first three games. BECAUSE IT'S JUST NOT TRUE. In fact, just the opposite, the Dolphins' passing offense has been PLAYOFF CALIBER in per-throw efficiency.

Yeah, anyone making excuses like that about Tannehill aren't worth arguing with at this point.

I know one thing. We need to see a heck of a lot more of Grant and Wilson than 19 combined snaps. The way they are playing, you don't replace them with Parker. Not even Amendola.

As efficient as Still is in the slot, I would put him there with Grant and Wilson outside. I would also go 4 WR at times to get Amendola and Parker in there. NE cannot match all that speed & quickness.

Grant and Wilson are getting crazy separation as well as YAC.

To be fair, we had just 39 offensive snaps(!) on Sunday. Apparently we are one of only five teams to have won a game with fewer than 40 offensive snaps in the last THIRTY YEARS. I am going to research that this week if I have time. I do know that one of the other winners was the 2009 Colts... against our own Dolphins.

In what world is it a dig to say any QB will never be top 3? The majority of QBs aren't. There's no shame in not being an All-Pro or Hall of Fame level QB. My point is I didn't believe in him at all as a starter after the first few years. I was wrong. That's it.

We're 3-0 by the way. Be happy. :)

LMFAO after the first few years, this is from a few DAYS ago :lmfao:

EDIT: not you my bad, but LOL at whoever wrote this post!!!

Fannehill people will say hey we are 2-0 and excuse every mediocre trait this guy is still displaying in year seven. Oh yea, he’s still rusty. Truth is he is just ok. Not great, doesn’t completely suck. There are valid points to both sides but sometimes the overall gut instinct on a guy is very different from the stats and numbers. The numbers are solidly undebatable. But that impression of a guy that just can’t deliver the dagger, no killer instinct, the will to win, the imposing of will, pocket presence, the outsmarting and outplaying skill guys is not there. That is from the eyeball test. He doesn’t make your toes tingle, as the great Mandich would say. You can’t put that in a stat. He’s just ok. This team will expose him as being a weak link in time.

Last edited:
To be fair, we had just 39 offensive snaps(!) on Sunday. Apparently we are one of only five teams to have won a game with fewer than 40 offensive snaps in the last THIRTY YEARS. I am going to research that this week if I have time. I do know that one of the other winners was the 2009 Colts... against our own Dolphins.

Yes and without those two 3rd down BS penalties, we would have had at least 6 more plays. More likely 10-12 and another score.

One of the most perfectly thrown balls I saw all weekend was Tannehill's for Stills TD. Lovely stuff.

Why you guys care about "haters" the day after a 3-0 start floor me. Go bathe in some Dolphins news, man. I know I am.

After years of so many people putting down your favorite QB and team, many of them being "fans", trust me it's justified. RT is simply the most underrated and underappreciated QB in the league, at least he was until this year...

Back
Top Bottom