Ryan Tannehill | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ryan Tannehill

His 74 passing attempts thru 3 games is below the NFL average, but I figure if I cut those attempts in half to 37 that would be a healthy one game pass attempt total for some pass happy qbs like Brady, Rothlisberger, Rivers or a few others. So if you look at all Tannehill's numbers on a per 37 pass attempts ratio he would be looking at an average of 27 of 37 , 344 yards 3.5 tds and 1 int. In other words if Tannehill was maintaining his current rate over 37 attempts per game instead or 25 attempts he would be putting up astronomical numbers. Those per 37 attempts number over a 16 game season would be 432 of 592 for 5,5004 yards 56 tds and 16 interceptions. Obviously I don't expect Tannehill to maintain his current rate over that kind of heavy usage, but if he could we would be looking at mindblowing numbers.

Last edited:
He looked pretty sharp to me, throwing darts on target and dropping it in the bucket on the long throws. Don't see much to complain about.

We all had high hopes when Tannehill first got drafted. It's apparent now that he'll never be top 3 best in the league, but that's ok. With the way he's been producing, they can win a championship after more crucial pieces are added. Tannehill is a damn good QB, and I'm happy he shut me up and proved me wrong.

Love how people have to dig for a dig instead of just leaving it at "i was stupid about him".

So now the mantra is "he'll never be
top 3"? gimme a break. no one ever thought or projected him to be. What we (and the FO) hoped for against hope was that he would be a "franchise QB".

That's a QB that is worthy of leading your team for 10-15 years, building a team around, capable of getting you to the SB and being the face of the Franchise. Guess what? We got it!

Not only that, It is becoming more and more likely that RT will end up the top QB of the star-studded Class of 2012.

That he had to go through terrific adversity and a large number of unbelieving fans to get there, and improved every step of the way, just adds to the Cinderella story. He wins a SB and this is a 30 for 30 story begging.

He's for real- and he's OURS!

Last edited:
Tannehill played great this week against a defense that isn't all that good. He stood in the pocket and made some great throws yesterday and even had some nice plays taken away by some terrible officiating. But the Raiders have a pretty terrible pass rush and we knew that going in. I'm surprised we didn't get more yards on the ground, but he came through and delivered this week.

He'll be tested these next few weeks. I'll be impressed if he can lead us to victory next week, which I'd argue could be our biggest game of the season (I know it's early).

Some thoughts on this stats:
Completion %: 5th (73)
Rating: 4th (121.8)
Attempts: 29th
Yards: 22nd

These are by far his best numbers of his career proving he does best in a reduced role. When we ask him to drop back 30+ times a game, he doesn't do as well and we don't win as much.

Tannehill played great this week against a defense that isn't all that good. He stood in the pocket and made some great throws yesterday and even had some nice plays taken away by some terrible officiating. But the Raiders have a pretty terrible pass rush and we knew that going in. I'm surprised we didn't get more yards on the ground, but he came through and delivered this week.

He'll be tested these next few weeks. I'll be impressed if he can lead us to victory next week, which I'd argue could be our biggest game of the season (I know it's early).

These are by far his best numbers of his career proving he does best in a reduced role. When we ask him to drop back 30+ times a game, he doesn't do as well and we don't win as much.

When you're playing from behind, you're getting more attempts. Nevermind, there's no point. You see what you want to see to validate your opinion. I'll give you a quick update though...11-1.

Love how people have to dig for a dig instead of just leaving it at "i was stupid about him".

top 3"? gimme a break. no one ever thought or projected him to be. What we (and the FO) hoped for against hope was that he would be a "franchise QB".

That's a QB that is worthy of leading your team for 10-15 years, building a team around, capable of getting you to the SB and being the face of the Franchise. Guess what? We got it!

Not only that, It is becoming more and more likely that RT will end up the top QB of the star-studded Class of 2012.

That he had to go through terrific adversity and a large number of unbelieving fans to get there, and improved every step of the way, just adds to the Cinderella story. He wins a SB and this is a 30 for 30 story begging.

In what world is it a dig to say any QB will never be top 3? The majority of QBs aren't. There's no shame in not being an All-Pro or Hall of Fame level QB. My point is I didn't believe in him at all as a starter after the first few years. I was wrong. That's it.

We're 3-0 by the way. Be happy. :)

except he didnt. He DID have Mike "maybe-i'll-run-this-route-maybe-I-wont" Wallace as his "deep threat" though.

I know he didn't. That's what I posted. Seems like any post that looks anti Tannehill is a major trigger for you. Not sure why. You should be confident in what you see on the field by now to not care what others think. I know I am.

This is next-level delusional.

Back
Top Bottom