Ryan Tannehill | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ryan Tannehill

We all had high hopes when Tannehill first got drafted. It's apparent now that he'll never be top 3 best in the league, but that's ok. With the way he's been producing, they can win a championship after more crucial pieces are added. Tannehill is a damn good QB, and I'm happy he shut me up and proved me wrong.

He was solid today. Had two beautiful passes to Stills and Parker, but also missed an easy TD to Stills which hurt because we then got ****ed by bs penalties and got zero points.

Just came here to drop a 3-0 Solo leaders of the AFCE bomb....

and some love for my boy #17. Dropped a dime to Kenny Stills in the back of the endzone. Absolute dime.

Complimentary football...our o wasn't bailed out by our defense and our defense wasn't bailed out by our O. We were down 0-7 before we even had our bearing straight....but we hung in there, and gutted out an amazing win against a gritty Oakland team.

As for the missed passes, well, he didn't have many of em. Completion % thru the roof and every QB leaves a couple of plays on the field, every Sunday. Enjoy the team win baby.

He was solid today. Had two beautiful passes to Stills and Parker, but also missed an easy TD to Stills which hurt because we then got ****ed by bs penalties and got zero points.

I have to go back and watch, but I think Parker was double covered on one of those throws. QBs rarely improve their accuracy the way Tannehill has. Usually, you either have accuracy or you don't. He used to routinely under and overthrow long passes. It's been an amazing transition to watch.

Just came here to drop a 3-0 Solo leaders of the AFCE bomb....

and some love for my boy #17. Dropped a dime to Kenny Stills in the back of the endzone. Absolute dime.

Complimentary football...our o wasn't bailed out by our defense and our defense wasn't bailed out by our O. We were down 0-7 before we even had our bearing straight....but we hung in there, and gutted out an amazing win against a gritty Oakland team.

As for the missed passes, well, he didn't have many of em. Completion % thru the roof and every QB leaves a couple of plays on the field, every Sunday. Enjoy the team win baby.

Hell yea! Oakland is a better team than their record indicates and anything can happen in this game as we saw with Detroit. I hope Miami is watching film right now and preparing for Sunday. 4-0 would be absolutely amazing and to see the Patriots go 1-3 even better.

He’s done everything we could want and then some.

No, he has not done everything we want him to do. He has made plenty of mistakes where he can improve as the season progresses, but he is leading the team to victories. His ball placement this year is good. He is overly criticized by individuals with an agenda, but he does deserve some criticism. He deserves more praise than he gets on this board, but I am not blind to his faults.

No, he has not done everything we want him to do. He has made plenty of mistakes where he can improve as the season progresses, but he is leading the team to victories. His ball placement this year is good. He is overly criticized by individuals with an agenda, but he does deserve some criticism. He deserves more praise than he gets on this board, but I am not blind to his faults.
The whole team has plenty of room to improve, which is exciting considering we're 3-0. We have not put together anywhere close to a complete game yet.

Tannehill’s best play yesterday

https://www.miamidolphins.com/video/albert-wilson-jakeem-grant-connect-for-epic-52-yard-touchdown

Left end blows by whoever is playing tight end and would of either got Wilson or made it a much more difficult throw but Tannehill recognizes this and gives the tight end help so Wilson can make the throw. I haven’t seen anyone really mention it but it’s a play that very few other starting qbs make or even attempt to stop a 290 pound d end coming full speed upfield.

RE: Those tweets uk_dolfan posted...

.. when Joe Philbin was our coach and the Dolphins' passing offense had a yards per pass attempt that was under 7, there was an ongoing argument about whether it meant that the quarterback just sucked, or the offense wasn't efficient at throwing the football due to a myriad of factors. And I am going to go ahead and just say it: I feel that I have been vindicated in this argument. I actually did a lot of research on quarterbacks and their yards per pass under different offensive coaches, and I think it's quite clear that it has a LOT to do with offensive scheme, personnel, etc.

Gase's offense creates big play opportunities that have a huge impact on that statistic.

Put another fourth quarter come back on the resume.

Team win but our QB did his part for sure. The throws to Stills and Parker were outstanding.
I loved the creative play calling in the fourth by Gase. Tired defenses can't keep up with our speed dudes :good:
smiley.php

Tannehill’s best play yesterday

https://www.miamidolphins.com/video/albert-wilson-jakeem-grant-connect-for-epic-52-yard-touchdown

Left end blows by whoever is playing tight end and would of either got Wilson or made it a much more difficult throw but Tannehill recognizes this and gives the tight end help so Wilson can make the throw. I haven’t seen anyone really mention it but it’s a play that very few other starting qbs make or even attempt to stop a 290 pound d end coming full speed upfield.
It was Gesicki

Back
Top Bottom