Ryan Tannehill | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ryan Tannehill

Why isn't anyone giving props to Wilson's pass?

On the run and threw an absolute dime to Grant 25 yards down the field running at full speed. If Tannehill threw that pass the board would be heaping all kinds of praise on that pass.

:lol: this must have been a tough 3 games for you

True but all QBs benefit from those run type passes from time to time, so like you say, who cares.

Totally agree on early playcalling, Gase should have recognized RT was hot and let him sling it instead of forcing the run.
Running the ball, even when unsuccessful, sets up play calls later in the game.

Why isn't anyone giving props to Wilson's pass?

On the run and threw an absolute dime to Grant 25 yards down the field running at full speed. If Tannehill threw that pass the board would be heaping all kinds of praise on that pass.

Congratulations!
AdamC ignore.jpg

Well, he is a trooper & a tough hombre

but there is no denying that his career stats are inflated due to all of those completions on 3rd down....

7+ yards short of the sticks ;)

yeah, but that is offset by the fact they wont let Ryan having an asterisk beside his NFL stats:

* played for Philbin first four years

Running the ball, even when unsuccessful, sets up play calls later in the game.

It does, but it's not worth sacrificing a drive to set up a play later. I'm not a fan of running just for the sake of balance. Do what works, run or pass. Gase continued to run, on strange down and distances no less, despite continued failure until the O.C, finally told him "It's not working, let Tannehill throw it" (read that about the OC somewhere today, i'll try to find source). In the first half the play calling had the offense and defense in a bad spot that IMO wasn't worth simply setting up a play later.

It took him 5 years but he looks like he has finally arrived as a quality NFL QB.

ive seen a lot of football this year, and i honestly dont think ive seen a more accurate qb.

every other team (including Big Ben tonight) Ive seen a bunch of way off target passes- stinkers all the time.

RT usually unintentionally throws 2 or 3 at most that would be labeled uncatchable- and even then he keeps them away from the D.

I really have a feeling Foxboro is going to be a coming out party of sorts:

70+% completion on 32+ att, over 300 yds and 3 or more TDs. i'll allow one Int. ;)

The miss to stills in the endzone is the only off throw i really remember seeing since tenn

Back
Top Bottom