Ryan Tannehill | Page 17 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ryan Tannehill

You're coming across as very mature in this thread, too. Congrats.

I'm not mature, I'm obsessive. Sports mean A LOT more to me than the average person, shoot I'm making 83 bucks today just to referee a soccer game. And I knew this team was going to be special this year when very few did (most likely including you) and I'm enjoying every second of it.

Yep, that was my contention also. I'm very happy to see how much he's improved.

th
Whether I've agreed with you or not, back to the Ft Liquordale days, I've always considered you a level-headed poster. Does it rankle you to be confused with someone who's not so even-handed having a nick that's so similar to yours? :(

Some of the folks spouting that nonsense are mysteriously absent again. Just waiting for the first loss.
Like the opinions of the guy who contended until the day Philbin was kicked to the curb and even now, that he's a better than average HC, anyone who's disappeared under the glare of this sunlight only to reappear with a full court press once the inevitable storm cloud opens up, should forfeit any vestiges of credibility .

Whether I've agreed with you or not, back to the Ft Liquordale days, I've always considered you a level-headed poster. Does it rankle you to be confused with someone who's not so even-handed having a nick that's so similar to yours? :(

Lol it was funny. Doesn't bother me. He was here first though. I didn't know there was a fin here when I signed up.

Stephen A. Smith is a dick head. Just heard him say "I'm allergic to giving Tannehill that much credit." when discussing the Dolphins. What an *******.

No way you can convince that these "journalists" are intentionally biased. Stephen A. is still smarting from Todd McShay handing him his *** during a pre-draft discussion about Tannehill and Brandon Weeden.

He’s a NY guy he hates on a bunch of teams that are NY rivals

Like the opinions of the guy who contended until the day Philbin was kicked to the curb and even now, that he's a better than average HC, anyone who's disappeared under the glare of this sunlight only to reappear with a full court press once the inevitable storm cloud opens up, should forfeit any vestiges of credibility .
it all depend on who you comparing him to. other nfl coach or just Dolphins head coach. he was slightly below 500. as w/L. his biggest problems as dolphins hc was not being able to make playoff. I think he had 2, 8-8 season. if I remember correct. 24 -28 as hc 462

Last edited:
Tannehill individually is going to have to complete this season at this current place, and this team has to win a playoff game, in order for the narrative to shift nationally. That’s just the reality.

People just aren’t just going to forget the last decade n half of Dolphin mediocrity that easily lol. You’re gonna still have skeptics and back handed compliments. No matter how different it feels now.

it all depend on who you comparing him to. other nfl coach or just Dolphins head coach. he was slightly below 500. as w/L. his biggest problems as dolphins hc was not being able to make playoff. I think he had 2, 8-8 season. if I remember correct. 24 -28 as hc 462

Philbin did a few things well as HC and a lot of things poorly.

Discounting all of the behind the scenes scuttlebutt, I give Philbin credit for having a team that was rarely penalized and that didn't turn the ball over a whole lot. I think that, in general, Philbin's clock management was usually pretty good. We all rip him for the "Kodaking" thing against the Packers, but typically Philbin was good with timeouts and managing the game clock. It was also pretty well documented that Philbin made good use of practice time and had solid organizational skills in that department. I also credit Philbin for signing off on a few good personnel decisions when he first arrived, such as immediately cutting Chad Johnson when it was clear that Chad Johnson is a ****ing moron who would cause nothing but problems, and for his willingness to move on from Vontae Davis when he was showing up for practice drunk or hung over.

But I gotta blame him for making some terrible staff hires, clamping down hard on player leadership -- apparently feeling instead that it was the job of the staff to provide leadership -- and overseeing an extremely dysfunctional football team. His feud with Jeff Ireland became a feud with Mike Tannenbaum. His offensive coaching staff was essentially put together by Mike Sherman, a guy who had just been fired at Texas A&M for being a subpar head coach with a lousy staff. I also think that his complete inability to coach or develop offensive linemen, even as that unit was an absolute black hole disaster for the team, was a huge black mark on his tenure here.

Ultimately I think Joe Philbin is back where he belongs. To make a military analogy, Joe Philbin is a good adjutant and a horrible commander.

I'm not even going to go into the stories that leaked out about Philbin during or after his tenure. I don't even think you need to bring those into the equation when examining Joe's failings as a head coach. He just didn't do a good job, and I don't even need to hear anecdotes about some insane thing he told Ryan Tannehill in front of the team to form that opinion.

Tannehill individually is going to have to complete this season at this current place, and this team has to win a playoff game, in order for the narrative to shift nationally. That’s just the reality.

People just aren’t just going to forget the last decade n half of Dolphin mediocrity that easily lol. You’re gonna still have skeptics and back handed compliments. No matter how different it feels now.

That's the way it should be.

That's why Adam Gase and Ryan Tannehill only talk with their actions.

Ryan Tannehill looked GREAT. I think he finally “Gets it”, and I look for him to be the Leader the Dolphins have needed since Dan Marino retired.

Back
Top Bottom