Ryan Tannehill | Page 18 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ryan Tannehill

Tannehill individually is going to have to complete this season at this current place, and this team has to win a playoff game, in order for the narrative to shift nationally. That’s just the reality.

People just aren’t just going to forget the last decade n half of Dolphin mediocrity that easily lol. You’re gonna still have skeptics and back handed compliments. No matter how different it feels now.
I don't care about the national perspective, I care more, about some in our own fan base,that perpetuate it....some that even push the narrative daily, with a smile on their face. I expect the lazy takes from people who don't follow the team, not from our own.

I don't care about the national perspective, I care more, about some in our own fan base,that perpetuate it....some that even push the narrative daily, with a smile on their face. I expect the lazy takes from people who don't follow the team, not from our own.

well said.

Tannehill individually is going to have to complete this season at this current place, and this team has to win a playoff game, in order for the narrative to shift nationally. That’s just the reality.

People just aren’t just going to forget the last decade n half of Dolphin mediocrity that easily lol. You’re gonna still have skeptics and back handed compliments. No matter how different it feels now.

Agreed. Let's keep it going.

Take a look at the 3rd and 5 play with 1234 left in the game. I’m surprised someone hasn’t gifed this or tried to break it down yet.

Pre snap Miami has 3 top side stacked receiving options. The slide protection will account for the bottom side show blitzer and tanny knows that so he sends drake to his top side. The raiders show a late double blitz top side and tanny immediately throws to his hot the flare route. Only problem is the top side boundary corner who was off and wide leveraged pre snap vs the stack (which is exactly what the stack forces a db to do) is responsible for the back post snap. And instead of carrying coverage which tanny expects he comes forward and has the back dead to rights.

Only thing that maybe could have gave that away a little to tanny pre snap would have been how wide that corner drc lines up relative to the stack. This is really well designed. A double blitz forcing the hot flare pass with a corner responsible for the back.

So yeah he’s got dvp vs off on a shallow cross but at the same time you throw back into the blitz and in this case the double blitz as the hot primary. So this would have required a secondary read post snap of the top side corner and then a pivot to parker.

He doesn’t have time to let any of those clear out routes develop.

I reference this play cause when it happened I was real worried that we were gonna pay for not converting there. Down 3 1233 left. Ball goes back to the raiders.

One last thing. If you float that one out there too much vs this blitz it’s a pick 6.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's the way it should be.

That's why Adam Gase and Ryan Tannehill only talk with their actions.
Harkening back to Chamber's discussion with a former starting player as recapped in VIP, Philbin was neither well-liked nor widely respected and was anal about his rules and beliefs to a fault. You could tell he had a fragile ego.

To me the most Cardinal of Sins was putting his friendship with Sherman above the team's interests: being threatened with the loss of his own job if continuing to refuse to fire Sherman and letting Sherman create a critical job for his basically useless son in law regardless that it involved "developing" our most important asset. **** him!

well some of the usual suspects are coming around, but who cares? ive been saying for quite a while they are truly the last to know and kind of outted themselves as not really "getting" what NFL football was all about.

I mean there are 50' billboard signs pointing ALL ALONG THE WAY what the problems were, and how RT kept "getting better" when each of these started being addressed:

Sherman,QB coach, offensive line, Mike Wallace, weak defense, "me" players...

all through it, RT was a steady,improving though not spectacular, smart, consistent, noncomplaining, tough, accurate, make every throw in thebook kind of guy.

How could you NOT see this was a team issue? And then Gase comes along singing RT praises saying hes one reason he took the job. implements a system that he says will take a few games to get right. after a 1-4 start, RT goes 7of 8 and looks GREAT!

HOW COULD THOSE PEOPLE NOT SEE IT???

it really truly is mind boggling assuming they have some football kniwledge, which they must if they hang out here.

But to not get it is one thing- to purposely poop on everything RT related is another. I have seen some really bad "fan" behavior. theres one particular hasnt shiwn his face except fir game threads when it looks like RT might mess up and lose. sad.

Last edited:
well some of the usual suspects are coming around, but who cares? ive been saying for quite a while they are truly the last to know and kind of outted themselves as not really "getting" what NFL football was all about.

I mean there are 50' billboard signs pointing ALL ALONG THE WAY what the problems were, and how RT kept "getting better" when each of these started being addressed:

Sherman,QB coach, offensive line, Mike Wallace, weak defense, "me" players...

all through it, RT was a steady,improving though not spectacular, smart, consistent, noncomplaining, tough, accurate, make every throw in thebook kind of guy.

How could you NOT see this was a team issue? And then Gase comes along singing RT praises saying hes one reason he took the job. implements a system that he says will take a few games to get right. after a 1-4 start, RT goes 7of 8 and looks GREAT!

HOW COULD THOSE PEOPLE NOT SEE IT???

it really truly is mind boggling assuming they have some football kniwledge, which they must if they hang out here.
I know a few hate my continued reference to the several seasons where the OL was so porous that RT was pissing blood. Tough ****!!!

The fact that he stoically continued to go about his business quietly instead of throwing deserving players and coaches under the bus, as many QBs would have done is yet another way he more than paid his dues and deserved to be the uncontested starter going into this season. Few QBs have been jerked around as much as him!

Take a look at the 3rd and 5 play with 1234 left in the game. I’m surprised someone hasn’t gifed this or tried to break it down yet.

Pre snap Miami has 3 top side stacked receiving options. The slide protection will account for the bottom side show blitzer and tanny knows that so he sends drake to his top side. The raiders show a late double blitz top side and tanny immediately throws to his hot the flare route. Only problem is the top side boundary corner who was off and wide leveraged pre snap vs the stack (which is exactly what the stack forces a db to do) is responsible for the back post snap. And instead of carrying coverage which tanny expects he comes forward and has the back dead to rights.

Only thing that maybe could have gave that away a little to tanny pre snap would have been how wide that corner drc lines up relative to the stack. This is really well designed. A double blitz forcing the hot flare pass with a corner responsible for the back.

So yeah he’s got dvp vs off on a shallow cross but at the same time you throw back into the blitz and in this case the double blitz as the hot primary. So this would have required a secondary read post snap of the top side corner and then a pivot to parker.

He doesn’t have time to let any of those clear out routes develop.

I reference this play cause when it happened I was real worried that we were gonna pay for not converting there. Down 3 1233 left. Ball goes back to the raiders.

One last thing. If you float that one out there too much vs this blitz it’s a pick 6.

What was your former username? It’s killing me trying to remember it. You always had tremendous insights each game.

hes...a new member.....so to speak....

No chance. He had a meltdown or something (I hesitate to call it that because I thought he was right at the time) and got his acoount suspended for a bit. Came back after a couple weeks, posted a few times and then disappeared.

Someone help me out.

Back
Top Bottom