Ryan Tannehill | Page 20 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ryan Tannehill

11-5 under Gase, that's a seasons worth of gloat.

It is interesting that some make the following arguments:

1. It is a what have you done lately for me league.
2. The last 16 games is not "lately" enough.
3. Choosing the last 11 or 16 games is "cherry picking" games (yes, that argument was actually made).
4. It is just as important (or maybe more important) to look at games from 2013 (direct contradiction to point 1). At a minimum, we need to be regularly reminded about two of the games in 2013.
5. If there is a bad game or two, those will instantly become the most important.

Great point directly above me. Every QB has bad games. Ryan had a mediocre game against the jets. He'll have worse ones this year for sure. We do the same to Brady from time to time. But we should know, the ups are going to be more frequent then the downs and the downs are mostly going to be from playing good defenses and getting overwhelmed at the LOS. Ryan is a plus player on this team.

So the next question for us supporters is, what does he need to do raise the bar and become elite? I guess that will have to be winning accomplishments:
  • Regular season awards (MVP etc..)
  • Consistent playoff appearances
  • Superbowl appearances/wins
And more I'm sure. I recognize this is a bit early still, and we still have to make the playoffs this year but it seems we're headed that way, even if we lose to NE.

So the next question for us supporters is, what does he need to do raise the bar and become elite? I guess that will have to be winning accomplishments:
  • Regular season awards (MVP etc..)
  • Consistent playoff appearances
  • Superbowl appearances/wins
And more I'm sure. I recognize this is a bit early still, and we still have to make the playoffs this year but it seems we're headed that way, even if we lose to NE.

Two of those are team accomplishments. What he needs is more "clutch play", to limit the turnovers and a QB rating over 100 and an increase to the TD total.....get in that 30+ range.

He is on pace for 37 TD & 11 Int's. I'll take it.

yep, the main thing for him to keep climbing the ladder is to keep a good OL around him. He has the coaching and FO I think that will keep or get valuable pieces and develop the D.

Just shore up the line. Develop depth. Ryan may have 5-8 good years left after this. Gotta protect that investment.

Do that, and I think thise other numbers and team accolades will rise naturally as we're seeing.

In 2016 through RT's 13 game season (not just the 7-1 streak, he had the 4th best QBR from a clean pocket! 4th best out of 32 < that's "elite" level.

No QB can expect too many clean pocket passing opportunities but by the same token they should expect their teams to do better than assembling the lowest and 2nd lowest-rated OL.

Two of those are team accomplishments. What he needs is more "clutch play", to limit the turnovers and a QB rating over 100 and an increase to the TD total.....get in that 30+ range.

He is on pace for 37 TD & 11 Int's. I'll take it.

Regardless though, the 'mainstream' and some here wouldn't consider him elite without them.

Cutch play is a good one too.

People make too much of numbers. I like numbers, they can be interesting. But if you just look at numbers in a vacuum you wind up talking about numbers, and not about football.

Watch the video of every dropback from week 3 vs the Raiders. It includes some really good plays called back by bogus penalties. He had one bad throw at the start of the game targeting Kenny Stills, but beyond that, it's a joy to watch. If you watch that and you think that's not an example of great quarterbacking from the feet up to the brain, then you're a damn idiot.

What's the point here? Are you really saying you'd rather have Tannehill than Mahomes? The only argument here is sample size but sheesh he looks like the next BIG thing so far. Throws such a good ball.
Na just wondering how you where doing after all that crying. Your said you wanted Pats numbers well there you go. Pat look real nice right now lets see if it carries.

I think THill is definitely a "Franchise Quarterback" and that's all I think 95% ever wanted or expected.

If he ends up "Elite" in some minds, well, I guess we hit the lotto (just not like KC! :) )

The 10-1 in last eleven games and 11-5 overall with Gase stats are all the rage. Almost every media outlet references them when discussing the Fins this week.

Here's a stat that means more to me. 4-0. That's the Fins record with Tannehill once Gase proclaimed his offense was finally clicking with Tannehill.

Gase said from the start in 2016 that it would take 4-5 games before the offense would start to take hold. Sure enough the Fins started 1-4. They won 7 of the next 8 under Tannehill, but without pulling out all the stats - I remember the running game won the first two. Then Tannehill was up one week down the next.

After Ryan went down in the Cardinals game, Gase said it was the first time he thought that Tannehill was putting everything together.

Tannehill stayed with the team throughout the 2017 season and hit the books even harder. We're seeing the benefits through the first three games. 4-0 Baby!!!

Nice article. Please stay healthy. Can’t wait for all the pundits to start claiming how much Tannehill has improved. Dolts.

What's the point here? Are you really saying you'd rather have Tannehill than Mahomes? The only argument here is sample size but sheesh he looks like the next BIG thing so far. Throws such a good ball.

So did RG3, nick foles, derek carr, sam darnold....etc. Not that any of them aren't good, just nowhere near as good as people wanted to crown them after early flashes. Maybe he'll sustain, but talking about replacing a 6 yr proven player for 3 game player is asinine.

That's the same as the numerous threads started about "Miami MUST go after player X" bc they had some big game or two and their team just released them.....

Back
Top Bottom