Ryan Tannehill | Page 22 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ryan Tannehill

It's like he's stuck in playing not to lose...which is worse than being somewhat reckless because at least your leaving less points on the field that way.

That's the worst kinda QB.

It's like he's stuck in playing not to lose...which is worse than being somewhat reckless because at least your leaving less points on the field that way.

That's the worst kinda QB.
Every time he plays in Buffalo and New England he just totally shits the bed.

He needs to improve on third down, and quickly. He struggled on third down during the first 3 games as well. The oline didn't do him any favors today either. No push in the running game, and poor protection against a weak rush.

The times when tanny had time to throw he stayed in the pocket and didn’t attempt to run or improvise to make a play. I know the receivers were blanketed for most of the game but that’s when tanny has to grow some **** and turn a bad play into a good one. Can’t change a zebras stripes, he is what he is.

The times when tanny had time to throw he stayed in the pocket and didn’t attempt to run or improvise to make a play. I know the receivers were blanketed for most of the game but that’s when tanny has to grow some **** and turn a bad play into a good one. Can’t change a zebras stripes, he is what he is.
Unfortunately that’s:

Mediocre footwork

Very limited mental clock

And no next level when playing upper echelon teams.

I took some stick for my appraisal so far of him last week, but I'm sticking with:

Game 1: Average
Game 2: Poor
Game 3: Good
Game 4: Abysmal (could be argued that he was only bad because no one got open all game but he really failed to make things happen in tough circumstances, which is a hard thing to do of course but not impossible to at least put up a bit of a fight)

Season as a whole for me right now, nothing much has changed for Tannehill, he's capable of the odd moment of brilliance, but on the whole continues to be middle of the road in general, with good scheming we could still make the playoffs with him but we simply can't afford to carry too many under performers like today. When we come up against the better teams we too often wilt and he's done nothing to prove to us that he can rise to the occasion and put the team on his back in these tougher games. He'll beat bad teams though more often than not with the odd win against the big boys but not often enough.

I really wish Tanny would have just took off with the ball, with all thos DBs New England sent out there Im sure he must of had an open field to run to, would have the Patriot defense respect his abilty to run and leave someone in the box..

Play calling has a lot to do with it too. Also, gmae planning. Either of which Gase is good at.

I really wish Tanny would have just took off with the ball, with all thos DBs New England sent out there Im sure he must of had an open field to run to, would have the Patriot defense respect his abilty to run and leave someone in the box..
His Dropbacks really didn’t set him up in position to make any runs. They were terrible. He should study Brady on his dropbacks, Brady took so deep of a step back that the Pass rush seemed like it was a mile away. Tannehill is more athletic than Brady. But in the pocket Brady is more coordinated than Tannehill.

I took some stick for my appraisal so far of him last week, but I'm sticking with:

Game 1: Average
Game 2: Poor
Game 3: Good
Game 4: Abysmal (could be argued that he was only bad because no one got open all game but he really failed to make things happen in tough circumstances, which is a hard thing to do of course but not impossible to at least put up a bit of a fight)

Season as a whole for me right now, nothing much has changed for Tannehill, he's capable of the odd moment of brilliance, but on the whole continues to be middle of the road in general, with good scheming we could still make the playoffs with him but we simply can't afford to carry too many under performers like today. When we come up against the better teams we too often wilt and he's done nothing to prove to us that he can rise to the occasion and put the team on his back in these tougher games. He'll beat bad teams though more often than not with the odd win against the big boys but not often enough.
how much stick did you get?

He's brutal on 3rd downs and he lacks the killer instinct that we need with our starting QB.

Yes it’s not all on Tanny of course, the playcalling was horrendous, coaches didn’t see the pats/lions game or were too stubborn or dumb to follow the blueprint.

His Dropbacks really didn’t set him up in position to make any runs. They were terrible. He should study Brady on his dropbacks, Brady took so deep of a step back that the Pass rush seemed like it was a mile away. Tannehill is more athletic than Brady. But in the pocket Brady is more coordinated than Tannehill.

Yea what the hell was going on? It looked like Tannehill was so slow to drop back, first couple steps were small and slow. It looked weird to me.

Yea what the hell was going on? It looked like Tannehill was so slow to drop back, first couple steps were small and slow. It looked weird to me.
Just seemed like...I don’t wanna say scared maybe more like he was timid? Not even looking at stats and I’ll say he played his worse game in a long time when you consider accuracy, pocket presence, footwork, and other mechanics. Looked like a rookie.

Back
Top Bottom