Ryan Tannehill | Page 23 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ryan Tannehill

Again, this loss isn't on Tannehill, but most of our wins aren't because of him either. He is what he is. We all know what he is. He's an average-to-above average QB. Not going to win or lose because of him, basically.

When you have a QB like that your coaching staff, defense, and players around him on offense have to be superb to win in the NFL.

Can't win with an average QB and an average HC (this one might be a favorable reach for Gase). That's the recipe for.... Well, an average at best team.

Again, this loss isn't on Tannehill, but most of our wins aren't because of him either. He is what he is. We all know what he is. He's an average-to-above average QB. Not going to win or lose because of him, basically.

When you have a QB like that your coaching staff, defense, and players around him on offense have to be superb to win in the NFL.

That is perfectly summed up.

He's brutal on 3rd downs and he lacks the killer instinct that we need with our starting QB.
To be fair Most of the 3rd down issues are on Gase. Gase and his inept play calling usually has Miami behind the sticks creating 3rd and longs to begin with and then he calls plays well before the sticks on those same 3rd and longs causing Tannehill and Miami to look miserable at converting 3rd downs.

To be fair Most of the 3rd down issues are on Gase. Gase and his inept play calling usually has Miami behind the sticks creating 3rd and longs to begin with and then he calls plays well before the sticks on those same 3rd and longs causing Tannehill and Miami to look miserable at converting 3rd downs.

Yes you're correct Gase is also responsible for this.

Honestly I am a little disappointed in gase in this one, Tannehill was boring, but it just did not seem like Gase understood what it would take to win, like not at all.

How often were we blitz toay? I remember PFF pointed a few weeks ago (week 3 I think) that Tannehill was 5th in the league back in 2016 against the blitz but this season (first 2 game) he was grading very badly against the blitz. (2nd worse after flacco)

47.9 QB rating. He was horrible. I expect him to tear it up against Cincy. Teams are going to shut down the run and make RT beat them. We have seen this before. We do not have the O line to impose our will in the running game.

Tannehill has a few of these games in him every year. Unfortunately they always seem to be in the biggest games. Truly horrible today but Gase did him no favors. We have to run the ball and not bubble screens and short passes in the flats. Straight ahead physical aggression on the ground. Even if it’s not working early you have to keep at it.

year 7 of ryan and year 3 of gase and we get absolutely embarrassed vs a pats team thats not even that good. how many times do you need to see ryan tannehill **** all over himself in big games or adam gase not have this team prepared before you accept this is not the combination that will return this franchise to prominence?

Back
Top Bottom