Ryan Tannehill | Page 25 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ryan Tannehill

Nice to see some putting down the Kool-Aid and looking at reality. I said from the middle of his first year that he is a slightly above average QB. Not terrible, but certainly not the All-World, multiple Pro Bowler, sure firer HOF that some make him out to be. I stand by my statement that you can compare him to Trent Dilfer the year Balt. won the SB. He has a good enough arm that every now and then he will make a spectacular throw, but the norm is that he can manage the game as long as everything else is going well.

Nice to see some putting down the Kool-Aid and looking at reality. I said from the middle of his first year that he is a slightly above average QB. Not terrible, but certainly not the All-World, multiple Pro Bowler, sure firer HOF that some make him out to be. I stand by my statement that you can compare him to Trent Dilfer the year Balt. won the SB. He has a good enough arm that every now and then he will make a spectacular throw, but the norm is that he can manage the game as long as everything else is going well.
Wait till tomorrow when certain folks we all know, decide it's time to surface again. The kool aid is still close at hand, the excuses are forming as we speak, Gase's play calling, lack of a running game, receivers not getting open.

Wait till tomorrow when certain folks we all know, decide it's time to surface again. The kool aid is still close at hand, the excuses are forming as we speak, Gase's play calling, lack of a running game, receivers not getting open.

It's almost like those idiots think it's a team game.

Osweiler, that's my koolaid for today, Osweiler showed the world that we've wasted 7 years on Tannehill.

Thank you Osweiler.

Not like it will matter, somehow I know there is a huge number of posters that will somehow point the blame anywhere but at Tannehill.

Anyways, thanks Osweiler, might be just the performance we needed to look for a new QB in the offseason.

I understand supporting your team, and believe me I do ... but some fans seriously need to take off the rose-colored glasses and look at things from an objective and substantial view.

With Tannehill ... I'm sorry. Hes a good kid, and believe me I want him to succeed, but he has done absolutely nothing to convince me he will eventually 'be that guy', or even less than that, that he 'finally turned the corner'. We have 7 years worht of footage on this guy ... he is what he is. Stricty an average QB ... who cant carry a team ... cant elevate it to go far ... inconsistent on deep throws ... and needs his RBs and WRs to basically be flawless around him. I'm sorry ... that is NOT a franchise QB.

Ill just come out and say this right now as well ... we're not making the playoffs this year with Tannehill. This 3-0 start ... it was a good start, 3-0 is 3-0 ... but the last few times we started 3-0 (2002, 2013), we didn't make the playoffs. I expect that trend to continue this year, unless Tannehill finally grows up and actually does something in this league. He's had 7 years ... 7 DAMN YEARS ... and he hasn't accomplished a damn thing.

How can a supposedly top tier QB look this freaking inept multiple times a season? Oh wait he’s not. He’s exactly who we knew he was. An enigma wrapped in a question mark.

This crap has gone on for seven years. It is mind boggling how every domino has to be in place for him to “succeed”.

It was a bad game... still a fan of RT tho.

Too bad it'll be 2 years before Tua is available

Gannon said the Pats played press-man and dared Tannehill to throw into tight windows.

He couldn't, wouldn't, and probably can't.

To me Tannehill's looked the same today as he's done since preseason, not particularly inspiring but just average enough.

A completion of 3 yards on 3rd and long looks better than a 15 yard incompletion.

We really used that uptempo, speedy offense to capitalize on an aving, slow Pats D...stellar game plan.

I’m more concerned with the injuries and play claling. If NE was playing 6 and 7 DB’s all day why didn’t we run out 2 TE’s and play cram ball? If we lose McCain, Kilgore and James for an extended period forget it. I don’t think any team that doesn’t have a super elite QB could overcome 3 oline injuries.

The bengals are going to score points next week. There is no doubt about that. If we can’t play better on offense forget winning.

Disappointing day but expected. Didn't even watch. Raced go kart instead. Getting ready to give up on this Dolphin dream of returning to glory. game in Cincinnati this week and I'm not even going. racing for myself instead. Sick of this bad failure. 38-7 that doesn't happen at a go kart track.

Who passes Tannehill this year as far as QBs go?

Last year I had Goff and Cousins.

This year I'm thinking Mayfield and Mahomes.

Tannehill is a bottom 10 QB in the league....hard to make the playoffs with a QB like that unless you have an elite defense and we don't.
Mahommes is already better...he has damn near half the amount of TDs Tannehills thrown in his best season as a pro in 3 games...

Back
Top Bottom