Ryan Tannehill | Page 24 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ryan Tannehill

To be fair Most of the 3rd down issues are on Gase. Gase and his inept play calling usually has Miami behind the sticks creating 3rd and longs to begin with and then he calls plays well before the sticks on those same 3rd and longs causing Tannehill and Miami to look miserable at converting 3rd downs.
Well to be fair its usually starting a drive with 1st and 20 That makes it 3rd and long. It’s 50% bad playcalling and 50% player ignorance

47.9 QB rating. He was horrible. I expect him to tear it up against Cincy. Teams are going to shut down the run and make RT beat them. We have seen this before. We do not have the O line to impose our will in the running game.
and you expect Tannehill to tear up cincy by throwing 40+ times? Tannehill can't win without an average to great running game.

It been a tough year so far....I mean.....being 0-4 and all......oh wait....

We got our *** kicked today. Get over it and this team needs to get ready for Cincy.
We’re going to lose at Cincy.

Look I support my Phins as much as the next fan, and I always will ... but I dont look through those rose colored glasses either.

Its time to face facts ... its time for the fans to see the truth ... and its time for the Dolphins to seriously stop kidding themselves. Ryan Tannehill is just NOT THAT GUY. He is the epitome of a "QB tease". He has a few good games every year, usually against subpar teams, and its those games where not only he keeps his job, but gives you the impression that "yes, hes 'turning the corner' finally".

Then a game like this happens ... a big game, against a big opponent, a chance to take control of the AFC East ... a chance to finally get some recognition and respect, and what happens? Against a team with a defense that is near the bottom of the league against the run ... a weak secondary ... LBs who cant cover and are anything but fast ... and you absolutely **** the bed, and make them look like the 85 Chicago Bears! Its PATHETIC and INEXCUSABLE! ... This loss is solely on Ryan Tannehill and no one else.

He is simply one of those QBs who basically and LITERALLY needs EVERYTHING around him to be perfect. His line has to be perfect ... his running game has to be perfect ... play calling needs to be perfect ... nearly everything needs to be perfect in order for this guy to succeed. Were there times not everything was his fault ... sure, mainly during the 'Fail'bin era where he played behind arguably the worst O-Line in history. But still ... the excuses are running thin. Tannehill needs to grow up and take a god damn stand, otherwise he will never get respect. There are lesser QBs in the league ... QBs who haven't even been in the league two whole years ... and today, some of them threw for over 400 yards and 4-6 TDs. When was the last time Ryan had 400 yards and 4 TDs? Hell, if you cant throw for even 300 yards on a consistent basis in today's NFL, you might not belong in the league. And I'm seriously starting to consider, that maybe Ryan doesn't belong anymore ... or maybe to be kind, he should be a backup.

Its seriously time to shop for a QB, even if it means we have to regress for the next couple of years. Tannehill essentially keeps the Dolphins in "football purgatory". Hes good enough to not lose his job, but not good enough to take this team to the next level. What does that leave us? Basically, us fans suffering every year with 6-10 to 8-8 records every year, with the occasional surprise (2016). Tannehill is holding us back ... its a QB's game in today's NFL, and its time for us to move on from him. If we don't, we can just expect more of the same.

Last edited:
Look I support my Phins as much as the next fan, and I always will ... but I dont look those rose colored glasses either.

Its time to face facts ... its time for the fans to see the truth ... and its time for the Dolphins to seriously stop kidding themselves. Ryan Tannehill is just NOT THAT GUY. He is the epitome of a "QB tease". He has a few good games every year, usually against subpar teams, and its those games where not only he keeps his job, but gives you the impression that "yes, hes 'turning the corner' finally".

Then a game like this happens ... a big game, against a big opponent, a chance to take control of the AFC East ... a chance to finally get some recognition and respect, and what happens? Against a team with a defense that is near the bottom of the league against the run ... a weak secondary ... LBs who cant cover and are anything but fast ... and you absolutely **** the bed, and make them look like the 85 Chicago Bears! Its PATHETIC and INEXCUSABLE! ... This loss is solely on Ryan Tannehill and no one else.

He is simply one of those QBs who basically and LITERALLY needs EVERYTHING around him to be perfect. His line has to be perfect ... his running game has to be perfect ... play calling needs to be perfect ... nearly everything needs to be perfect in order for this guy to succeed. Were there times not everything was his fault ... sure, mainly during the 'Fail'bin era where he played behind arguably the worst O-Line in history. But still ... the excuses are running thin. Tannehill needs to grow up and take a god damn stand, otherwise he will never get respect. There are lesser QBs in the league ... QBs who haven't even been in the league two whole years ... and today, some of them threw for over 400 yards and 4-6 TDs. When was the last time Ryan had 400 yards and 4 TDs? Hell, if you cant throw for even 300 yards on a consistent basis in today's NFL, you might not belong in the league. And I'm seriously starting to consider, that maybe Ryan doesnt belong anymore ... or maybe to be kind, he should be a backup.

Its seriously time to shop for a QB, even if it means we have to regress for the next couple of years. Tannehill essentially keeps the Dolphins in "football purgatory". Hes good enough to not lose his job, but not good enough to take this team to the next level. What does that leave us? Basically, us fans suffering every year with 6-10 to 8-8 records every year, with the occasional surprise (2016). Tannehill is holding us back ... its a QB's game in today's NFL, and its time for us to move on from him. If we don't, we can just expect more of the same.
Tannehill...he’s not cool enough to hang with the popular kids and he’s too cool to be a geek. Stuck in the middle.

Look I support my Phins as much as the next fan, and I always will ... but I dont look those rose colored glasses either.

He is simply one of those QBs who basically and LITERALLY needs EVERYTHING around him to be perfect. His line has to be perfect ... his running game has to be perfect ... play calling needs to be perfect ... nearly everything needs to be perfect in order for this guy to succeed. Were there times not everything was his fault ... sure, mainly during the 'Fail'bin era where he played behind arguably the worst O-Line in history. But still ... the excuses are running thin. Tannehill needs to grow up and take a god damn stand, otherwise he will never get respect. There are lesser QBs in the league ... QBs who haven't even been in the league two whole years ... and today, some of them threw for over 400 yards and 4-6 TDs. When was the last time Ryan had 400 yards and 4 TDs? Hell, if you cant throw for even 300 yards on a consistent basis in today's NFL, you might not belong in the league. And I'm seriously starting to consider, that maybe Ryan doesnt belong anymore ... or maybe to be kind, he should be a backup.

Could not have said it any better, nailed it man, it’s just the unfortunate truth

Where are the usuaual suspects ? They complain endlessly when those that criticise the QB don't post when he has a good game, but they are doing the same thing today.

Who passes Tannehill this year as far as QBs go?

Last year I had Goff and Cousins.

This year I'm thinking Mayfield and Mahomes.

Tannehill is a bottom 10 QB in the league....hard to make the playoffs with a QB like that unless you have an elite defense and we don't.

Look I support my Phins as much as the next fan, and I always will ... but I dont look through those rose colored glasses either.

He is simply one of those QBs who basically and LITERALLY needs EVERYTHING around him to be perfect. His line has to be perfect ... his running game has to be perfect ... play calling needs to be perfect ... nearly everything needs to be perfect in order for this guy to succeed. Were there times not everything was his fault ... sure, mainly during the 'Fail'bin era where he played behind arguably the worst O-Line in history. But still ... the excuses are running thin. Tannehill needs to grow up and take a god damn stand, otherwise he will never get respect. There are lesser QBs in the league ... QBs who haven't even been in the league two whole years ... and today, some of them threw for over 400 yards and 4-6 TDs. When was the last time Ryan had 400 yards and 4 TDs? Hell, if you cant throw for even 300 yards on a consistent basis in today's NFL, you might not belong in the league. And I'm seriously starting to consider, that maybe Ryan doesn't belong anymore ... or maybe to be kind, he should be a backup.

Agree 100%!

Well said! Thank you!!

Tannehill is a bottom 10 QB in the league....hard to make the playoffs with a QB like that unless you have an elite defense and we don't.
Wentz last year as well.

I love the QB tease line, that's absolutely spot on for what he is in my view.

It would be an interesting exercise (but way too much effort) to list out all the starting QBs in the league and say better or worse for Tannehill. To be fair to him, thought he outplayed Carr last week, whom I had ahead of him, Clearly inferior to Brady today, was better than both the Tenn guys on game 1, the rookie he came up against at the Jets is a hard call, he won the game and didn't throw an INT, but personally thought it was a poor showing by him and Darnold looked to have a much brighter future.

Back
Top Bottom