Ryan Tannehill | Page 49 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ryan Tannehill

Just finished watching the game tape delayed. I'm not going to jump too much on him, tbh felt a bit sorry for the lad when he was sat there alone on the bench, just after his 3rd INT. The positive though, it was a better showing than the previous week and that TD drive, included two of his best throws of the year, they were absolute beauties. The loss of Tunsil killed us, never knew how much we are reliant upon him until today. He was under constant duress back there, got a little unlucky with the first two INTs in a sense of that they just popped up so nicely for the defenders but having said that both were results of him making the wrong decision or just thinking too damn slow. The third one was terrible and summed up his day. At least he left the field alive, honestly worried for his health at the end there, if we have to have Sam Young and Ted Larsen protecting his blind side again next week, may as well put him on IR now.

Have no idea how ANYONE can support or defend Tannehill as a #1 QB for this team (or any team for that matter) moving forward.

This guy was NEVER going to be a star QB in this league. Have no idea why they picked him at 8th overall that year. He was a WR in university!!! How do you even remotely figure this is your next start QB?? I simply don't get it. These so called experts and scouts are paid good money to evaluate players. And Adam Gase? I thought he would turn on RT, but for some reason he seems to love him. They never bring in a legit QB to battle with RT as god forbid you hurt his feelings and he loses the job.

Is management forcing Gase to use RT and only RT?

He should go back to being a stay at home dad/husband. Maybe he is good at that? Because he's not good at football.

What happens is guys buy into the BS and go all teary eyed Terrell Owens whack job "That's my quarterback.....sniffle, sniffle...." and then defend him no matter how bad he does or how valid the evidence is against him.

Some are optimists, some idealists but most are delusional homers who won't call a spade a spade.....like you and some of us here who won't buy into an inferior product and choose to call it like it is (and get labeled "bad fans" for not having blind loyalty to mediocrity). It's almost like a Stockholm syndrome....perhaps one day in the (hopefully) near future we'll get a new HC, QB, etc. and then they'll snap out of it and see just how inept a team it was...but then, with many of them, the cycle will start all over again.

I don’t even care anymore. I knew 2 years ago what Ryan Tannehill was. At this point it’s just let’s see how many more above average games Tannehill can muster.

Hahaha “dolphins are like that annoying minivan driving slowly in the left lane”

Quote from the article:
There goes Cleveland, so bad for so long, finally looking lucky with Baker Mayfield.
The thing is, I agree that we don't score enough. Never have with Tannehill. But you can't use Mayfield as an example to make that point because in his first full game they scored 12 points. He looks the part, I agree but so did Tannehill in his first year.

He also mentions Matt Ryan and Andy Darlton. I think they are the same QBs as Tannehill: surround them with great talent, they can go places. Atlanta had that Lombardi trophy wrapped up before Matt Ryan fumbled it away. Now you can say, it's the play calling but then you have to give Tannehill the same leeway (is this word being used correctly in this context?). The Falcons blew a 17-0 lead at home against us (with Jay Cutler) last year.

I am not trying to say that Ryan Tannehill is the ultimate hall-of-fame QB but he's certainly better than people here make him out to be.

Quote from the article:

The thing is, I agree that we don't score enough. Never have with Tannehill. But you can't use Mayfield as an example to make that point because in his first full game they scored 12 points. He looks the part, I agree but so did Tannehill in his first year.

He also mentions Matt Ryan and Andy Darlton. I think they are the same QBs as Tannehill: surround them with great talent, they can go places. Atlanta had that Lombardi trophy wrapped up before Matt Ryan fumbled it away. Now you can say, it's the play calling but then you have to give Tannehill the same leeway (is this word being used correctly in this context?). The Falcons blew a 17-0 lead at home against us (with Jay Cutler) last year.

I am not trying to say that Ryan Tannehill is the ultimate hall-of-fame QB but he's certainly better than people here make him out to be.
I'm sorry, but no way in hell are Matt Ryan and Tannehill the same. Just no way. I mean, maybe Dalton, but Ryan? No chance.

You know, it would be simple if people simply criticized past performances (when he deserves it). That's not what happens though. We are told repeatedly that Tannehill can't do it and will never be able to do it. People bring up performances from 2012 and 2013 to counter comments about his play more recently. Seriously, that's what happens.

Great game by Tannehill.

Yeah, but he got a lot of passes knocked down in his first game in 2012......

(this is only a slight exaggeration)

Hello... anyone there ?

LOL, looking back on the first few pages of this thread, so many folks not around anymore. Respect to all those that were supporters but have hung around, whether they still support him or not.

There was no 3rd int and the second one was 2 deep post routes into 2 deep where the opposite side 2 deep safety came across to the other deep post route and made the pick.

Translation: someone ran the wrong route into that coverage. You don’t run 2 deep post from opposite side into 2 deep. That runs both routes into the same real estate.

Game was over anyways so ehhh.

Doesn't the restructure feel eerie similar to Tannebaum's extension/restructure of Sanchez when he was with the Jets and put the Jets in a mega cap pickle?
And keeping Tannebaum helps us how ? He really should be shown the door!

Back
Top Bottom