Ryan Tannehill | Page 57 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ryan Tannehill

I know you’re not saying anything by this so let me say it for you.

RT is not a consistently big play QB because he’s a robot that generally excels at the horizontal rather than vertical game while needing ideal protection, the ideal defense and the ideal execution by his ten teammates to consistently succeed as a quarterback.

Tanny is elite at the deep ball, if your talking about the intermediate game then I agree.

Tanny is elite at the deep ball, if your talking about the intermediate game then I agree.

I disagree completely, he's very inconsistent at the deep ball, he can throw the odd pearl but misses a lot, look at the tape for the last couple of games and you really can't argue. I think he has improved though, compared to other QBs prior to this season I would have ranked him as poor on the deep ball, this year having hit 2 or 3, I personally rate him as average/good, I would say it's moved from a major concern to one of the few things I'm not to worried about with him. If you class that as elite, then I guess we have different scales.

We aren’t even attacking the intermediate this year. But really of who is playing who can we with?

Gesicki? Nope. Those smurf WRs? Nope. Amendola probably works the most intermediate routes and he can’t catch a ball running thru it. Seems to leave his feet on everything. And we all know he’s a 2 way go slot skill set anyways.

I've been pondering this for a while. I can't remember any 4 td games and only remember one game with 400 yards. I'm not saying great QBs need to do these things consistently, but that it seems like even mediocre ones do it once in a while. I can't remember any statistical explosions from tannehill. Ever.

Just did a quick scan. In 2012 he has his only 400 yard game. He has had just 9 games with 3tds and 3 games with 4 tds. He's never had 5 or more. I don't say this to prove anything about him, just to let any other curious parties know .

Also this isn't to say anything about tannehill being bad or whatever (though I personally have never had faith in him), just confirming what I've thought, he doesn't put the stats up so things damn well be working around him.

Thanks for the research. Sounds about right. I remember feeling very good about the QB position after some of those games in 2012, but I figured his pocket awareness and accuracy would get much better. Well, at least the accuracy is much better.

Someone mentioned CKs take on possible Tannehill injury. Has his Twitter thread been posted already?

Only thing I’m noticing is that his pivot doesn’t look as clean to me as it did pre injury.

Arm looks fine except for when he’s hit in his throwing motion which is to be expected. Leads to overthrows when you can’t step through or are on your back foot.

When he has time and can finish his motion and set his feet everything mechanics and placement wise looks quality. Just would like to see that pivot to progressions to square his shoulders up a little more clean.

Eagles have themselves a good QB. Sucks that the only way I can watch good QB play is to watch other teams in prime time.

We aren’t even attacking the intermediate this year. But really of who is playing who can we with?

Gesicki? Nope. Those smurf WRs? Nope. Amendola probably works the most intermediate routes and he can’t catch a ball running thru it. Seems to leave his feet on everything. And we all know he’s a 2 way go slot skill set anyways.

We didn't have a lot in 2016 either other than that St louis comeback, 2015 with Matthews and Parker we saw a good bit tho.

He was on the injury report for shoulder- remember he bent /twisted his knee bad against tenn or was that oakland.

Seems like just t about everyone has some type of injury going on

Last edited:
We didn't have a lot in 2016 either other than that St louis comeback, 2015 with Matthews and Parker we saw a good bit tho.

Looks to me like everything we are doing is based around speed these days. Speed over polish

In 15 “taking a shot” was running a clear out mid level crosser off pa. By design I might add

I wonder if we could sucker the Giants to trade their first rounder for Tannehill next season. Eli is truly cooked.

I wonder if we could sucker the Giants to trade their first rounder for Tannehill next season. Eli is truly cooked.

Yeah so we can rush drew locks name to the podium. Ha ha

Serve you all right if we did.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahashahahahaha!! a first rounder?!? hahahahahahahahaa

There is only one group of people in the NFL that thinks Tannehill is good, and that is half of the Dolphins fan base. Everyone else knows hes not good.

I mean are averaging 194 yards passing....that might be worse than Cutler’s corpse

If Tannehill plays 14 plus games and finishes with an 80 qbr I will pour gasoline on myself and light myself on fire.

And don’t anyone tell me qbr doesn’t matter it’s an efficiency rating. Be all tell all no but efficiency within the offense ask rating.

Back
Top Bottom