Ryan Tannehill's pocket awareness | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ryan Tannehill's pocket awareness

Alex smith is one of the smartest QBs in the league. He is an overacheiver as far as he maximizes his small talents

I just hate on people with blind opinions.

Must protect Tanchise. Can not say anything negative.

I just hate trolling fanboys who couldn't care less about the Fins before the day Wallace signed with us and will no doubt move on to complain about other QBs not compensating for his poor route running, unwillingness to fight for the ball and bad hands on whichever his next team will be. #11chinjizz

24zlxrr-1.jpg

I just hate trolling fanboys who couldn't care less about the Fins before the day Wallace signed with us and will no doubt move on to complain about other QBs not compensating for his poor route running, unwillingness to fight for the ball and bad hands on whichever his next team will be. #11chinjizz

24zlxrr-1.jpg

Nice try.... but I actually hate Wallace.

Guy on the left seems pretty smart.

Your "video proof" sucks, it proves NOTHING.

on the plays where he has time, and the pocket eventually collapses, he is completely unaware of the rush. Please explain how that is the olines fault.

On all the plays your mad about I need to ask, have you watched the All-22 tape of it? Honest question. If you haven't you have no clue if he held the ball too long. You don't know the route combinations that were run, if they were long patterns or if he even had time to go to the next progression in his reads. When he did was that player covered or not. Do I believe he could have been more elusive and used his legs more. Yep. From different comments from the coaching staff during the season I feel like he was being coached up on sitting in the pocket even when he had very little time. You have to take into account if his first read from the coverage was a 15 yard out, this is a long developing pattern and then doesn't like the throw mid way thru and has to find his next read and is being hit on average 2.5 secs, he doesn't get to it. All-22 video allows you to really watch these plays and interrupt if he actually had time or not.

Dude says he hates Wallace, but has him as a nickname, and has been defending him since day one. That ones full of derp.

I said it wasn't great hence he needs improvement but it's clearly not below average. Show me an average qb with better awareness
Seriously?? Our OL was rated 16th in pass blocking yet we led the league with 58 sacks. Show me a starter from last year that had worse awareness.

This Wallace guy is a troll period. I wouldn't even waste my time. I am pretty sure he will go the route of other trolls on this site. It will be bye bye soon enough.

Seriously?? Our OL was rated 16th in pass blocking yet we led the league with 58 sacks. Show me a starter from last year that had worse awareness.
Where did you get that ranking? Sounds like you pulled it out of your you know what

Try 30th in pass protection per footballoutsiders. But my eyes tell me the line was pure crap

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it's fair to say in some ways Tannehill was inconsistent. I feel that there were some plays left on the field because after avoiding the initial pressure, he made the wrong decision on the throw. That being said, there is noticeable improvement in how he reacts to a lot of the pressure as the season goes on.

If he can get on sync with Wallace, and cut down on the turnovers I see no reason to be discouraged.

i would like to see him tuck it and run more. just get the yards and get down. and would like to see how he does with more than 1 second to throw

Back
Top Bottom