Saban and the Chiefs | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Saban and the Chiefs

kcphantom said:
:redx: Who honestly thinks that Saban wont settle for something other than a second round pick for surtain? I think he will take the fourth that he was offered and then take another pick next year and that is to be determined on the performance of surtain whether it be a second or third.

But if you honestly think that he will get a second this year now that is funny:roflmao:
Buddy stop dreaming.....and get real!!

cad said:
Exactly both Teams need something !!!
Kc needs Surtain
Miami has depth at CB and needs "Cap Space".

That doesnt means that we are giving him up for less than his value, I mean if you go to a store, and you find out they have depth in chlorine bleach, do you think that would make the chlorine cheaper?

If we keep Surtain this year, he'll becomes a free agent next year. There will be a bidding and the winner will windup paying three times as much for him. Then we will receive a 3rd round comp. pick for him. Meanwhile Joey Porter and Randy Moss are consistantly puting up 75 points a game against the KC defense.

Why don't these Chief fans get it. They need Surtain far more than we do, and we don't have to cave in to anything. If Peterson/Vermeil don't want to give it up for him, then we'll keep him and they'll struggle once again, not only with Porter and Moss, but Manning, Harrison, and Wayne, or Brees and Gates, or whoever they might play should the reach the playoffs. Good Luck Chiefs fan, that name on the back of the jersey you'll see all year long will be MOSS!!!!

Da 'Fins said:
Ain't nearly that simple. We can't, as another said, just "re-work a couple of contracts." We have to re-work Surtain's and others to get the money to sign our picks.

Release Derrius Thompson, sign our draft picks....and start camp.

Its that simple.

Da 'Fins said:
Second, "franchising" Surtain will cost a BUNDLE next year. Around $10 million. The franchise for CB's is right at the top of the league. It puts us in the same position this year and doesn't solve anything for the Cap.

I was not planning on turning Surtain into Walter Jones and franchising him every year. You simply "franchise" him so he cant hit the open FA market. Try to get a late round pick from a team so that they do not have to go into a "bidding war" against another team. Or we could let him leave as a free agent and recieve a compensatory pick. Depending upon what we do in FA, that Compensatory pick could end up as high as a 3rd round pick.(ala KC)

We have a ton of options.

As far as the cap, we will be in good shape next year. Get ready for the cap purge. ( Seau, Bowens...etc)

Da 'Fins said:
We could get him for about that by signing him to a long term deal - but the team obviously doesn't want to do that with the depth we have at CB.

Exactly.

Its not so much we cant fit Surtain into our cap, its more about the fact that it is time to develop Will Poole.

I think that KC will either get Surtain or Law since they have good deep threats in there divison like Moss, Gates, and Lelie. In the end, KC will get scared and give us there 2nd rounder. But if Nick wants to trade down, you never know, he might just want to keep Surtain at least for 1 more year.

kcphantom said:
:redx: Who honestly thinks that Saban wont settle for something other than a second round pick for surtain? I think he will take the fourth that he was offered and then take another pick next year and that is to be determined on the performance of surtain whether it be a second or third.

But if you honestly think that he will get a second this year now that is funny:roflmao:
If the deal isn't done I can't wait to see a rookie cb try to cover Randy Moss.

Phinsfan1980 said:
If the deal isn't done I can't wait to see a rookie cb try to cover Randy Moss.
I like your mock, but I'm not familiar with Isaac West, who I really like are Chris Henry from WV or Fred Gibson from Georgia.

first&goal said:
I like your mock, but I'm not familiar with Isaac West, who I really like are Chris Henry from WV or Fred Gibson from Georgia.

He likes those more as well but they will not be around on the 7th, of course.

first&goal said:
Isaac West is from a small college and runs a great 40 and has good hands
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/playerprofiles/wr/isaacwest.html
He may be gone as early as the 5th or 6th. He would be a great slot reciever for us. Fred Gibson has loads of talent but drops too many balls. Chris Henry is a freak in size but most scouts say that he has serious character baggage.

kcphantom said:

perfect example of why chief fans are ignorant

Looks like the "kcphantom" has disappeared. Great job Dolphans!
Other teams may become interested in Patrick too if KC doesn'y hurry their azzes up. After the draft if a CB desperate team misses out, watch out. The offers will come rolling in.

And personally I'd like to have a 2nd rounder in '06 b/c of all the OT talent. D'Brickashaw here we come.

Another post from someone who says his little trash talk..then doesn't answer in his own thread again...getting to be commonplace around here...just have to pick and choose what threads to read and answer. :shakeno:

I think KC will cave and will trade for Surtain. Their enamoured with him and I don't think they trust Law enough since he hasn't even started running yet!

Back
Top Bottom