Saban and the Chiefs | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Saban and the Chiefs

DOLFANMIKE said:
Not to mention he'd be the best defensive player on the KC roster. In fact he'd be the best since Derrick Thomas.

I think it would be a toss up between him and a healthy Bell. Healthy being key. Surtain definately has a history of being much more durable.

Both Chiefs fans and Dolphins are being stupid about this trade...

Chiefs fans need to realize that we need defense in a really bad way, Surtain is our only healthy option at this point. We have very good WR in our division and we will need all the help we can get... We have 2 good years with our core offense before we lose them (Trent, O line, Priest) and we need to take advantage of this window.

Dolphin fans need to realize that Saban has 5 picks in this years draft and thats not enough, also TB will not trade with them in the end and no other teams will be in the mix for Surtain until after the draft because this draft has 8-10 cb's that will be good NFL players... Law is also an option, not healthy now but come season time, I have no doubt he will be good for whoever he plays...

No one wants to budge:shakeno: ... But Saban cannot just hav 5 picks in this draft, and I think he wants more than just a 2... that would only give him 6... I think he will take a 3 (Chiefs will trade down in the 1st or 2nd to get this), 5 and 7 for Surtain this year and Saban gets his picks...

Saban wants to deal Surtain because he wants to develop the cb core he has now... taking time from the youngters will hurt their development... Miami is not going for the SB or playoffs they are rebuilding with Saban and Patrick is not in the Future... They want to get as much from him as they can... if they wait until FA they will get a 3rd in 2007, that really wont help much, and having him on the roster will kill cap space that they could use on younger future talent...

There is rumors in KC that Carl will do this on Friday (for the 2nd) or wait until they trade down in the draft (for the lower 2nd/3rd/4th/whatever).

Anyways my .02, but Dolphin fans need to realize they are backed up as much as the chiefs are.... Surtain will be positive as a playmaker non playoff year if he stays a Dolphin, with a big cap hit and a negative in your CB core development.... It will hurt the chiefs only if Law cannot comeback...

I just want this deal to get done...

carlos3652 said:

Chiefs fans need to realize that we need defense in a really bad way, Surtain is our only healthy option at this point. We have very good WR in our division and we will need all the help we can get... We have 2 good years with our core offense before we lose them (Trent, O line, Priest) and we need to take advantage of this window.

Dolphin fans need to realize that Saban has 5 picks in this years draft and thats not enough, also TB will not trade with them in the end and no other teams will be in the mix for Surtain until after the draft because this draft has 8-10 cb's that will be good NFL players... Law is also an option, not healthy now but come season time, I have no doubt he will be good for whoever he plays...

No one wants to budge:shakeno: ... But Saban cannot just hav 5 picks in this draft, and I think he wants more than just a 2... that would only give him 6... I think he will take a 3 (Chiefs will trade down in the 1st or 2nd to get this), 5 and 7 for Surtain this year and Saban gets his picks...

Saban wants to deal Surtain because he wants to develop the cb core he has now... taking time from the youngters will hurt their development... Miami is not going for the SB or playoffs they are rebuilding with Saban and Patrick is not in the Future... They want to get as much from him as they can... if they wait until FA they will get a 3rd in 2007, that really wont help much, and having him on the roster will kill cap space that they could use on younger future talent...

There is rumors in KC that Carl will do this on Friday (for the 2nd) or wait until they trade down in the draft (for the lower 2nd/3rd/4th/whatever).

Anyways my .02, but Dolphin fans need to realize they are backed up as much as the chiefs are.... Surtain will be positive as a playmaker non playoff year if he stays a Dolphin, with a big cap hit and a negative in your CB core development.... It will hurt the chiefs only if Law cannot comeback...

You make a point but Surtain can slip off the books next year with no problem. Negate our CB development? Poole will get plenty of playing time. Besides I'd actually look at him at FS if we kept Surtain.

DOLFANMIKE said:
Not to mention he'd be the best defensive player on the KC roster. In fact he'd be the best since Derrick Thomas.

:roflmao: ...aint tht the truth!

Slip off the books after Franchising him? Remeber you will have to pay him 8-9mill this year (already accounted for - making cap tight), 10 mill next year if he is franchised... as of right now... no one is willing to give Miami a #1/#2/#3 for him, who do you think will give him 2 #1's? I think it would be a managerial bad investment/ decision on Saban's part to keep him... they can relieve so many future problems with a trade this year... (18 mill off the cap for the next 2 years)

Also Surtain at this point would not say he doesnt want to play for Miami, because he is still a dolphin... Why would he piss off all his fans... if he leaves, im sure he will say once he gets to KC, I am glad I am here, I want to be here... its just a PR ploy...:shakeno: :cooldude:

carlos3652 said:
Slip off the books after Franchising him? Remeber you will have to pay him 8-9mill this year (already accounted for - making cap tight), 10 mill next year if he is franchised... as of right now... no one is willing to give Miami a #1/#2/#3 for him, who do you think will give him 2 #1's? I think it would be a managerial bad investment/ decision on Saban's part to keep him... they can relieve so many future problems with a trade this year... (18 mill off the cap for the next 2 years)

Also Surtain at this point would not say he doesnt want to play for Miami, because he is still a dolphin... Why would he piss off all his fans... if he leaves, im sure he will say once he gets to KC, I am glad I am here, I want to be here... its just a PR ploy...:shakeno: :cooldude:

We probably won't franchise him. The CBs in the draft next year aren't as good. Demand could even be higher.

carlos3652 said:

Great comments!

Probably the most objective (and accurate) post about this topic yet.

[QUOTE='Phins & 'Canes]We'll keep him then....and enjoy Randy Moss! :roflmao:[/QUOTE]

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Phins & 'Canes
We'll keep him then....and enjoy Randy Moss! :roflmao:

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

I have to admit.......everytime I see that comment (which is often lately) I get this underlying impression that the person is extremely worried that the trade hasn't gone through yet.

I mean.......why would you care if KC gets burned or not?????

CRAZYDOLFAN305 said:
These damn Chief fans are starting to get on my nerves. Remember, you guys are the one's that need PAt..

Unfortunately, they have some leverage cause Pat has already reached a contract agreement in principle with KC. KC is now content to think we will cut Pat to avoid the cap hit. Will we cut Pat if we don't trade him? Can we afford not to?

Listen up ya'll. You keep Surtain for the offseason and trade him for a number 1 next year. Someone like Indy will pony up if they are givin time to work it out. meanwhile, we wait to sign our draft picks. More and more every year they wait because of stuff like this. Teams will be much more willing to give up something big next year to get something big this year.

""Anyways my .02, but Dolphin fans need to realize they are backed up as much as the chiefs are""

seems like your team is backed up. YOu need to read what saban has said. He will not trade pat for low value picks. Pat is worth more and if he cant trade him than he will find a way to keep him. Sounds like to me your team is hurting!

As for Saban wanting to trade pat cuz of our young cb's. Thats also BS. Pat is being traded for two reason. Salary cap and the need to free up money to address other positions.

Dont post crap about our team when your not a fan.......Stay at chiefsforum!

ITS VERY SIMPLE....

carlos3652 said:

dude, if a trade with tampa or Minny happens, all this stuff you say blows up. Plus we could very well trade down our third round pick and get more and then in the fourth. We do it all the time.

Jaj said:
We probably won't franchise him. The CBs in the draft next year aren't as good. Demand could even be higher.

I am confused with Jaj's statement, I do not understand how this could be a good option. This is how I understand the situation; If we keep Pat, at the end of this upcoming season he will become a free agent. We then have a choice, let him go and hope the compensation is of resonable value, keeping in mind that if we are active in the freee agency market we could very well get NO compensation for Pat. Or, franchise him to prevent this loss, take an expensive hit in dollars, and a serious reduction in roster and signing flexability. Is this correct? If not, someone please straighten me out. Now, there may be more demand next year but we would have to franchise Pat to be gauranteed any compensation and if this years crop turns out to be good we may see even more "experianced and expensive" CB's hit the market, thus diluting market. However, after Moss rapes the AFC west they may be willing to give us their firstborn. I suppose that when you have to declare your franchise player would also have bearing on this, but anyway, if I have it wrong, or if you understand what I do not about jaj's post(he is not presently active) please help.

kcphantom said:
:redx: Who honestly thinks that Saban wont settle for something other than a second round pick for surtain? I think he will take the fourth that he was offered and then take another pick next year and that is to be determined on the performance of surtain whether it be a second or third.

But if you honestly think that he will get a second this year now that is funny:roflmao:

Wanny and Spielman are no longer in charge here in case ya didn't know. You have no corners and Randy Moss to cover...and this is Vermeil's last year and Trent Greene and Co. aren't getting any younger. If you lose PS I'll be laughing at you while we send him to another team who really wants him. :D

Back
Top Bottom