Saban calls out the NFL. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Saban calls out the NFL.

BTW CK, do have any idea how many "minority" AD's there were in college football as of a month ago?

Compares to how many "minority" AD's have recently been fired in the past month for running un-legit programs hand-in-hand with shady agents (Mike Garrett at USC) and the Georgia AD Damon Evans busted for DUI and cheating on his wife all in one traffic stop...

Believe me when I say that the conference commissioners and University Presidents have taken notice....

That article was a crock. Saban is right, but this is nothing new. There should be an FCAT for sportswriters because all of the S FL writers are truly pathetic, and horrifically unprofessional.

The problem isn't just the agents though. Those players are more to blame than some will lead you to believe.

Reggie Bush took the money and then decided to stiff the guys who handed it to him. This does not appear like the actions of a victim to me. The entire NCAA is corrupt as can be. They are making billions and very conveniently looking the other way when those players can't read and write. How many college level courses does anyone believe Jamarcus Russell passed?

Or Dez Bryant?

If those colleges were actually forced to comply with the education laws that are already in place, then these kids would be better equiped to make these types of decisions.

Absolutely... when talking about the "innocent kids", I'm obviously referring to the one's that aren't receiving these benefits from shady agents that are left behind to pay the price for the one's that did....adn the players that do choose to participate in this activity with agents should be held accountable... including Marcel Dareus... but Dareus isn't guilty of anything other than attending a party on South Beach...

The NCAA is nothing but a bunch of bleeding heart pencil necks that look to tar and feather every program they can for "violations" when they won't do anything to try to help the situation or prevent it from happening... Lord forbid the NCAA actually be of any help to an institution for ****'s sake....

Players negotiated their own contracts in the NFL for 50 years without agents crawling all over the place.... but college football has become such big business that it's become necessary.... However, the NFL and the owners are to to blame for letting bums like Jamarcus Russell rob them of tens of millions of dollars right off the bat without playing a down in the first place....

The individual states themselves are responsible for the lack of compliance from Universities reguarding the education laws... Did I mention college football is big business?

**** Saban.

Chicken **** mother ****er is what he is. He can play a game of hide and go fist **** himself. Douche Bag!

Look in the mirror how many basket weaving classes have your players taken through the years in pursuit of your national championship.

**** Saban.

Chicken **** mother ****er is what he is. He can play a game of hide and go fist **** himself. Douche Bag!

Look in the mirror how many basket weaving classes have your players taken through the years in pursuit of your national championship.

IMG_0070JPG-1.jpg

Absolutely... when talking about the "innocent kids", I'm obviously referring to the one's that aren't receiving these benefits from shady agents that are left behind to pay the price for the one's that did....adn the players that do choose to participate in this activity with agents should be held accountable... including Marcel Dareus... but Dareus isn't guilty of anything other than attending a party on South Beach...

The NCAA is nothing but a bunch of bleeding heart pencil necks that look to tar and feather every program they can for "violations" when they won't do anything to try to help the situation or prevent it from happening... Lord forbid the NCAA actually be of any help to an institution for ****'s sake....

Players negotiated their own contracts in the NFL for 50 years without agents crawling all over the place.... but college football has become such big business that it's become necessary.... However, the NFL and the owners are to to blame for letting bums like Jamarcus Russell rob them of tens of millions of dollars right off the bat without playing a down in the first place....

The individual states themselves are responsible for the lack of compliance from Universities reguarding the education laws... Did I mention college football is big business?

Oh don't get me started on that. The NFL and owners ARE to blame, but not for the reason you imply, IMO.

Everyone talks about the injustice of what 5 or 10 players in the NFL draft make. Nobody talks about the injustice of what 200 other players taken in the NFL draft make. Any of those players that become starters are set up to be grossly underpaid for 2, maybe even 3 of the 4 years on their contract. And when they try and get more money, the teams just look at them (like they have with Lamarr Woodley, Chris Johnson and Darrelle Revis), and say "Tough."

When you structure an inherently corrupted system that intends to pervert the natural order of just paying players the appropriate amount for what they bring to the table, then you're going to get feedback and perversions that run the other way. In this case, the ridiculous amount paid to the players in the top 5 or 10 of the draft is just that...the backwash of a corrupt system intended to systematically underpay players.

Oh don't get me started on that. The NFL and owners ARE to blame, but not for the reason you imply, IMO.

Everyone talks about the injustice of what 5 or 10 players in the NFL draft make. Nobody talks about the injustice of what 200 other players taken in the NFL draft make. Any of those players that become starters are set up to be grossly underpaid for 2, maybe even 3 of the 4 years on their contract. And when they try and get more money, the teams just look at them (like they have with Lamarr Woodley, Chris Johnson and Darrelle Revis), and say "Tough."

When you structure an inherently corrupted system that intends to pervert the natural order of just paying players the appropriate amount for what they bring to the table, then you're going to get feedback and perversions that run the other way. In this case, the ridiculous amount paid to the players in the top 5 or 10 of the draft is just that...the backwash of a corrupt system intended to systematically underpay players.

They only way the other 200 players can be considered "underpaid" is in comparison to the ridiculous amount of money the top players in the league are making anyway.... it's relative. There's not a player in the NFL that is living from paycheck to paycheck CK.... they're all getting paid just fine to run around kick, block, tackle, and catch a football... but it is what is... but there is no "injustice"...

Players that did the same thing these guys are doing 30 years ago for $50,000 a year laugh in people's face that come with that angle...

The real problem IMO is the $20-30-40 million dollars given out to these unproven players.... it's a joke... There's not a human being in sports worth that... it's just sports.. a game that kids play for free...

They need to put a cap on this rookie situation no matter what..

They only way the other 200 players can be considered "underpaid" is in comparison to the ridiculous amount of money the top players in the league are making anyway.... it's relative. There's not a player in the NFL that is living from paycheck to paycheck CK.... they're all getting paid just fine to run around kick, block, tackle, and catch a football... but it is what is... but there is no "injustice"...

Players that did the same thing these guys are doing 30 years ago for $50,000 a year laugh in people's face that come with that angle...

The real problem IMO is the $20-30-40 million dollars given out to these unproven players.... it's a joke... There's not a human being in sports worth that... it's just sports.. a game that kids play for free...

They need to put a cap on this rookie situation no matter what..

That's an incredibly one-dimensional way of looking at things. The amount of money the players are getting today is in proportion to the amount of money the NFL as a whole is making today. The labor deserves its fair share of that money. The NFL makes as much money as college football except unlike the colleges which generally put the money back into a public good, secondary and post-secondary education, the NFL has owners which just collect the money and get richer. You'd rather THEY get the money, for being fat and happy and not doing any work?

Yeah, I don't know about that.

"...the backwash of a corrupt system intended to systematically underpay players."

Just the Practice sqaud players get paid more than most posters on this forum do.

Again, a VERY one dimensional view of things. There's a big pie, a very big pie, and the decision is what PORTION of it is going to go to whom. The NFL is the players. They are who make the NFL. Even those practice squad players. But when people whine about how much money NFL players are making relative to how much they personally make, and trust me it comes off as nothing more than whinning, they are in effect saying...let's give the owners all that money. For doing practically nothing. Because I'd rather one guy get WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY more money than me, than have thousands of guys be a little richer than me. Because I'm that selfish.

I wanna go out on a limb and say that these Saban haters are the same people I seen buring Ricky Williams jerseys a few years back.

That's an incredibly one-dimensional way of looking at things. The amount of money the players are getting today is in proportion to the amount of money the NFL as a whole is making today. The labor deserves its fair share of that money. The NFL makes as much money as college football except unlike the colleges which generally put the money back into a public good, secondary and post-secondary education, the NFL has owners which just collect the money and get richer. You'd rather THEY get the money, for being fat and happy and not doing any work?

No it's ridiculous what the 53rd rated salary on ANY NFL roster is making.... I understand that it's in proportion to what the league is worth now compared to 30 years ago... But this a real life point of view... you're caught up in the dramatics of it all because it's a sport..

The "injustice" is in what people out here risking their lives everyday are getting paid compared to what some 3rd string special teamer in the NFL is making.... compile that with most of these overpaid players also got a college education for free...(or at least the opportunity to get one)... where the "average Joe" getting paid much, much less to do a much more significant job had to apply for a grant or work 2 jobs just to get through college...

The owners didn't get to be rich enough to buy a football team in the first place by not doing any work.... they own it.. it's their money... they can do whatever they want with it (to an extent obviously)... I'm all for free enterprise and capitalism... but no wonder you're on the side of these crooked agents..... you view it through their goggles..

If the average Joe out there valued the service people gave risking their lives fighting fires and arresting criminals as much as they value football players, they'd be paid that way. It's tragic, unfortunate and unfair, but it's very simple economics. It's the same situation in the movie business. What actors do is ridiculous on the face of it but what they do is incredibly valuable to the public and people show what they value with their wallets.

The NFL is a multibillion dollar business and CK is absolutely right. Someone's going to keep those billions. It's not going to charity. I vote for it being the players and coaches. They're the ones who generate the demand, not the owners.

I wanna go out on a limb and say that these Saban haters are the same people I seen buring Ricky Williams jerseys a few years back.

Wrong limb. Ricky made a mistake and maned up. Saban ran out of town like whipped dog. He took a job and couldn't handle it and folded and instead of maning up he took the cowards way out.

**** Saban I hate him more then anyone else in the history of Miami just for the way he pussed out.

If the average Joe out there valued the service people gave risking their lives fighting fires and arresting criminals as much as they value football players, they'd be paid that way. It's tragic, unfortunate and unfair, but it's very simple economics. It's the same situation in the movie business. What actors do is ridiculous on the face of it but what they do is incredibly valuable to the public and people show what they value with their wallets.

The NFL is a multibillion dollar business and CK is absolutely right. Someone's going to keep those billions. It's not going to charity. I vote for it being the players and coaches. They're the ones who generate the demand, not the owners.

Exactly... but it speaks more to society than anything else... the society that WE created. People choose to spend their money on entertainment (professional sports) as opposed to appreciating what the average Joe is doing out here.... It's our fault for overpaid athletes as a whole...

But I can speak for myself because I don't spend my dollars on anything to make an NFL owner richer, or an NFL athlete richer... I DON'T contribute to it...

However, if I had to choose, the money would go to better pensions for retired players, proven veterans, charities, etc... and perhaps even a fund set up bail all these slimeball agents out of jail that keep coming around like parasites attaching themselves to amateur athletes...

When the NFL owners money starts having to go towards bailing these creeps out of jail, paying for their lawyers, fines, etc... instead of in their pockets... that's another way to get the NFL to start paying attention to the issue...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom