Saban calls out the NFL. | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Saban calls out the NFL.

Wrong limb. Ricky made a mistake and maned up. Saban ran out of town like whipped dog. He took a job and couldn't handle it and folded and instead of maning up he took the cowards way out.

**** Saban I hate him more then anyone else in the history of Miami just for the way he pussed out.

If he couldn't handle why the hell would you be mad at him for leaving lol? I realized he couldn't handle it so I was glad he left. No sense in forcing something that probably won't happen right? Why make us suffer even more. Makes about as much sense as a screen door on a submarine.

And I don't think Ricky manned up lol. I think Ricky sobered up long enough to understand what he was facing legally. Ricky had no choice but to return to the NFL to make some of that money back. I love Ricky to death but damn these hippies are retarded.

:lol:

LOL@thelittleshmuck.

With St Nick, it's always someone else who's the villian or a revisionist rendition where his motives are pure, his intent is forthright and his actions are well-meaning but misunderstood.

20mdxt-1.jpg

LOL@thelittleshmuck.

With St Nick, it's always someone else who's the villian or a revisionist rendition where his motives are pure, his intent is forthright and his actions are well-meaning but misunderstood.

I was wondering when you'd get here.

:lol:

Still amounts to "jilted girlfriend syndrome"

No it's ridiculous what the 53rd rated salary on ANY NFL roster is making.... I understand that it's in proportion to what the league is worth now compared to 30 years ago... But this a real life point of view... you're caught up in the dramatics of it all because it's a sport..

The "injustice" is in what people out here risking their lives everyday are getting paid compared to what some 3rd string special teamer in the NFL is making.... compile that with most of these overpaid players also got a college education for free...(or at least the opportunity to get one)... where the "average Joe" getting paid much, much less to do a much more significant job had to apply for a grant or work 2 jobs just to get through college...

The owners didn't get to be rich enough to buy a football team in the first place by not doing any work.... they own it.. it's their money... they can do whatever they want with it (to an extent obviously)... I'm all for free enterprise and capitalism... but no wonder you're on the side of these crooked agents..... you view it through their goggles..

If you're a big fan of enterprise and capitalism then surely you would recognize the free market principles that go into the NFL being such a powerful revenue generating machine, which in turn makes the best football players in the world highly paid people. It's easy when you're not close enough to Miami to be tempted to buy a ticket to a game, to claim yourself blameless for the system you hate. But, presumably you watch the NFL on television. Here you sit, hours a day, spending time discussing football on an NFL oriented message board. This is all part of the machine. The NFL collected $3 billion in television revenue this year, if you extract the tv revenue number from the Packers' financial reporting and extrapolate it across the 32 teams which share it equally. If the players get 60% of that money then each player averaged $1 million this year, thanks to your viewership. On behalf of those NFL players, I would like to thank you for the viewership of yourself and those like you, without which these NFL players could not make 20 times the money of a fireman or policeman. Thank you, TedSlimmJr, for doing your part to make them rich.

As for the owners and "enterprise and capitalism"...come on. The owners in most cases either A) have owned the teams since they cost a nickel and have ridden the wave of success as the NFL became more and more popular, B) earned their ownership status via being born to the right person, or C) paid money for the team commensurate to the amount of money they can expect to get back from it under the current system that has been set up. A system, by the way, that is stamped with the approval of the U.S. Government, who designs laws to protect it, and who made it exempt from certain key anti-trust laws that help the owners maintain a full court press in their ongoing struggle against the players union.

That's exactly my beef. If people want to cry about losing a player because of these sports agents, not being able to cheer for a team that is as strong as it should be, fine whatever. But Nick Saban and really any college head coach or Athletic Director, really have no moral grounds to be publicly bashing the agents. No moral grounds whatsoever.

I must have missed this one somehow...

Collegiate coaches and AD's are bashing the system more than they're standing on their moral high horse and bashing slimeball agents.... Alabama can survive without Marcel Dareus (even though he's the best defensive lineman in college football) and win another championship.... that's not the point..

The point is it's not right for the PROGRAM to suffer the consequences (probation, sanctions, loss of scholarships, etc., etc.) for the actions of an idividual player who has already had it DRILLED in him from day 1 from coaches and compliance departments that he CANNOT accept any benefits from an agent, or have contact with an agent at all... period. Meanwhile, the slimeball agent has broken the law and goes unpunished..... never even gets his name mentioned in the media... he just runs off to another dark alley for another shady deal with another amateur athlete... and gets another program put on probation..

The problem here is the structure of the authorative entities... the NCAA can punish a program for something they had nothing to do with.... they have no authority over the agents... so there's nothing to even deter the agents from pursuing more kids....the agents don't care if they get every program in the country on probation as long as they're getting their pockets padded off the reputation of an athletes skills...

The NFL and the players union have authority over agents and unethical practices.... yet they won't do anything to help...

Until now... I guarantee you things are about to change...

The way I feel about it is it shouldn't even be a penalty handed down unless a booster or someone associated with the University is attempting to attract recruits via benefits (money, fancy cars, etc.).... that is an unfair competitive advantage and should be punished.... if you can't land a recruit without that type of behavior then you don't deserve him...

What's strange is that the best players that come out of the University of Alabama are seldom ever 5 star recruits..... they're mostly 2 and 3 stars.... occassionally 4 stars...etc...

Which speaks to the ability of a coaching staff to develope football players... It's not right for agents to be cashing in on this as long as the player still has eligibility and is the coaches and programs responsibility..

The difference between Saban and the agents is that HE is the one that invested the knowledge, coaching, time, effort, and resources to give this kid a chance to play at the next level.... the agent did nothing but piggy back off of Saban's coaching ability to cash in....

If you can't see the difference there it's only because you choose not to...

If he couldn't handle why the hell would you be mad at him for leaving lol? I realized he couldn't handle it so I was glad he left. No sense in forcing something that probably won't happen right? Why make us suffer even more. Makes about as much sense as a screen door on a submarine.

It isn't the fact that he left, it is how he left. Be a man admit you were wrong and own up. He didn't do any of that when he left the franchise and now he has the balls to call out others for their shortcomings. Laughable in my eyes regardless of the fact if he is right or not ask yourself if Shula, Landary or Lombardi would have handled it that way!

Bama couldn’t have a better leader if you ask me, Saban is right were he belongs, with a bunch of hogs.

It took Ricky a long time to step-up and own up to his problems and in the middle of it I was mother ****ing him for not changing his ways but and the big but in my eyes with Ricky is that he finally realized he was to blame and no one else.

Ricky is guilty of not being a better roll model, Saban is in a position of a roll model and doesn't deserve to be.

If more parents were up to the task of being good roll models then less public action would be required to fill the roll.

It isn't the fact that he left, it is how he left. Be a man admit you were wrong and own up. He didn't do any of that when he left the franchise and now he has the balls to call out others for their shortcomings. Laughable in my eyes regardless of the fact if he is right or not ask yourself if Shula, Landary or Lombardi would have handled it that way!

Bama couldn’t have a better leader if you ask me, Saban is right were he belongs, with a bunch of hogs.

It took Ricky a long time to step-up and own up to his problems and in the middle of it I was mother ****ing him for not changing his ways but and the big but in my eyes with Ricky is that he finally realized he was to blame and no one else.

Ricky is guilty of not being a better roll model, Saban is in a position of a roll model and doesn't deserve to be.

If more parents were up to the task of being good roll models then less public action would be required to fill the roll.

You really feel jilted don't you son? Here's a clue... Nick Saban was up front and honest with the only people that mattered.... His wife, his kids, and Wayne Huizenga...

He didn't owe the south Florida jughead media pricks or it's fickle fanbase a thing... NOTHING... and still doesn't.

There's only one thing people hate worse than a liar and that's a hypocrite.... which is exactly what all you whiny ***** are....especially those of you that enjoy sucking off Bill "spurn one franchise for the other" Parcells... except when YOU'RE considering a career change or even a handle change to post on internet message boards, YOU don't have microphones and cameras shoved in your face...

You're right about one thing though.... Alabama couldn't have a better leader...

R
O
L
L

T
I
D
E

You really feel jilted don't you son? Here's a clue... Nick Saban was up front and honest with the only people that mattered.... His wife, his kids, and Wayne Huizenga...

He didn't owe the south Florida jughead media pricks or it's fickle fanbase a thing... NOTHING... and still doesn't.

There's only one thing people hate worse than a liar and that's a hypocrite.... which is exactly what all you whiny ***** are....especially those of you that enjoy sucking off Bill "spurn one franchise for the other" Parcells... except when YOU'RE considering a career change or even a handle change to post on internet message boards, YOU don't have microphones and cameras shoved in your face...

You're right about one thing though.... Alabama couldn't have a better leader...

R
O
L
L

T
I
D
E

I just don't like Nick Saban. If you want to kiss his *** feel free but since I don't have to like everyone in the world I will call him an ******* any chance I get.

You are right about one thing son - he did right by his family and that is commendable I would do the same. What he lacks is honor and integrity and that my friend is what makes a leader and a roll model.

I just don't like Nick Saban. If you want to kiss his *** feel free but since I don't have to like everyone in the world I will call him an ******* any chance I get.

You are right about one thing son - he did right by his family and that is commendable I would do the same. What he lacks is honor and integrity and that my friend is what makes a leader and a roll model.

There's nothing wrong with not liking Nick Saban.... If that's how anyone feels it's their choice.... and I can certainly respect that.

But to sit there and throw out that the man lacks honor and integrity as reasons why simply don't just doesn't fly..... Perhaps he's a little narcissistic.... but the great one's always are.... in any walk of life that's dog-eat-dog... as sports is.

Unless you are the absolute pillar of honor and integrity and live your life daily building upon these qualities and have substantiated proof of it... it's just comes across as sour grapes and another envious Dolphins fan...

Saban is more of a role model than anyone is willing to admit.... not only to football players, but to his coaching peers.

Ask any of those programs that he's been at and left to better himself (LSU, Michigan St., etc.) if they'd take him back in a heartbeat... you already know what the answer would be....

And to players like Mark Ingram, etc... who's fathers are in prison serving time behind bars.. Saban is much more than a role model, he IS their father figure...

There's nothing wrong with not liking Nick Saban.... If that's how anyone feels it's their choice.... and I can certainly respect that.

But to sit there and throw out that the man lacks honor and integrity as reasons why simply don't just doesn't fly..... Perhaps he's a little narcissistic.... but the great one's always are.... in any walk of life that's dog-eat-dog... as sports is.

Unless you are the absolute pillar of honor and integrity and live your life daily building upon these qualities and have substantiated proof of it... it's just comes across as sour grapes and another envious Dolphins fan...

Saban is more of a role model than anyone is willing to admit.... not only to football players, but to his coaching peers.

Ask any of those programs that he's been at and left to better himself (LSU, Michigan St., etc.) if they'd take him back in a heartbeat... you already know what the answer would be....

And to players like Mark Ingram, etc... who's fathers are in prison serving time behind bars.. Saban is much more than a role model, he IS their father figure...

No one is perfect it's how you handle the imprefction that defines us and Saban has a lot to learn in that area.

Charles Robinson
University Wire
11-30-1999
(The State News) (U-WIRE) EAST LANSING, Mich. -- The courtship was short, the cash was sweet and Nick Saban's tenure as MSU football head coach is history.

Saban accepted a reported 5-year, $6.25 million offer from Louisiana State University to become its football head coach.

The loss throws the Spartan football program into chaos, as assistant head coach Bobby Williams will coach the team for the Jan. 1 Citrus Bowl and the school begins to scour the nation for another coach.

After repeated denials, Saban takes Bama job
TUSCALOOSA, Ala. -- Nick Saban landed to chants of "Roll Tide," then stepped off the airplane and made the long trek across the tarmac to greet throngs of screaming Alabama fans.
That feverish reception Wednesday kicked off a "new era" for the Crimson Tide under a coach they're hoping will finally restore the program to championship heights.

Alabama lured Saban from the Miami Dolphins on Wednesday, ending five weeks of denials and two days of deliberation. Saban, who two weeks ago declared "I'm not going to be the Alabama coach," accepted the Tide's job offer job and abandoned his attempt to rebuild the Dolphins after only two seasons.

Yeah Saban has some good actions in his past. He is the last one that should call anyone out for anything they do.

Michigan St. would take Saban back in a heartbeat... as would LSU.... they talk about it all the time...

As for the Dolphins, you do realize that Wayne let him out of his contract? Saban told Wayne he would stay an honor it... continue to coach the Dolphins.. Wayne told him if he didn't want to be the Dolphins coach to go ahead and go....

Why would Saban (or any coach) stand up there and tell everyone that he's going to be the coach somewhere else when he didn't even know he was going to be the coach somewhere else?.... he didn't know that Wayne was going to let him out of his contract... Hell, Saban's job was to keep the team together.... he was still Miami's coach. And there's not a coach anywhere in any league that would do different...

It's not Saban that has a lot to learn.. he's learned. If he stood up there and looked dead in the camera and said "I'm not happy here.... my family isn't happy here... I have to consider other opportunities"...

Would you hate him any less? Because the fact is... HE DIDN'T OWE THAT TO YOU.... OR THE MEDIA.... He owed it to his boss and that's exactly what he did....

The only reason he FINALLY said "I'm not going to be the Alabama coach" is because the media kept hounding him about it over and over and over again at every press conference despite him constantly telling them that he had no contact with Alabama... which he had not had at that point..

As a matter of fact, when Mal Moore flew down to Miami to offer Saban the job, Dr. Witt told him that if he didn't come back with Nick Saban on that plane, to just tell the pilot to "keep on flying you to Cuba"....

Saban had agreed to nothing...

Michigan St. would take Saban back in a heartbeat... as would LSU.... they talk about it all the time...

As for the Dolphins, you do realize that Wayne let him out of his contract? Saban told Wayne he would stay an honor it... continue to coach the Dolphins.. Wayne told him if he didn't want to be the Dolphins coach to go ahead and go....

Why would Saban (or any coach) stand up there and tell everyone that he's going to be the coach somewhere else when he didn't even know he was going to be the coach somewhere else?.... he didn't know that Wayne was going to let him out of his contract... Hell, Saban's job was to keep the team together.... he was still Miami's coach. And there's not a coach anywhere in any league that would do different...

It's not Saban that has a lot to learn.. he's learned. If he stood up there and looked dead in the camera and said "I'm not happy here.... my family isn't happy here... I have to consider other opportunities"...

Would you hate him any less? Because the fact is... HE DIDN'T OWE THAT TO YOU.... OR THE MEDIA.... He owed it to his boss and that's exactly what he did....

The only reason he FINALLY said "I'm not going to be the Alabama coach" is because the media kept hounding him about it over and over and over again at every press conference despite him constantly telling them that he had no contact with Alabama... which he had not had at that point..

As a matter of fact, when Mal Moore flew down to Miami to offer Saban the job, Dr. Witt told him that if he didn't come back with Nick Saban on that plane, to just tell the pilot to "keep on flying you to Cuba"....

Saban had agreed to nothing...

I never said the man did nor did I ever want him to "owe" me anything as a fan. Every time Saban took another job there was some sort of abandonment from the commitment he took on. I'm just sayin' the man oozes lack of commitment when the going gets tough.

I was a Miami fan with him as a coach and I am without him as a coach. I as a fan wouldn’t ever want the man back as a leader of a team I root for so as long as he never heads to south Miami I have nothing ever to worry about.

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me!

Still amounts to "jilted girlfriend syndrome".

Back
Top Bottom