Saban Speculation Thread Part 1 (merged 9,999x) | Page 28 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Saban Speculation Thread Part 1 (merged 9,999x)

Will Saban take the offer from Alabama??

• Yes, the pressures of the NFL/ lure of a huge contract is too much to pass up

Votes: 136 49.8%
  • No. Saban will honor his contract with Miami and see this through one way or the other

Votes: 137 50.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Saban will not leave Miami, he wnt want 2 b a failer in Miami

It is going to happen.
No sane coach would ever give up the opportunity to make that kind of money Alabama is offering. Think of it this way: if Miami goes 6-10 next year or they don't go far into the playoffs or don't even make the playoffs at all...Nick Saban is done. the whole dolphins community will agree to let him go if we don't improve next year. so that gives saban one year to prove himself as the miami dolphins head coach. if he goes to the crimson tide, he has more than one year to make them into a great team. he has great experience as a college coach, and has proven himself as a college coach. he will make a lot more money and won't be as preasured. so if he leaves we need another coach. we don't want to get a new guy who has to learn our system and who doesn't know our players. we will want a guy who has been the head coach before. we want a guy who knows our guys and our system. we had one of the best defenses this year. dom capers was our defensive coorderinator. Dom Capers will be our head coach in 2007.
I don't think the thread is spam... he makes a good point. I've said repeatedly that I don't think Saban will leave, but if he does, it'll be for the exact reasons mentioned above. Saban will be EXPECTED to go 10-6 or better next year, since year 3 is the clear watermark for new coaches (not gonna explain, b/c tons of threads have shown stats supporting this).
So essentially, he has 1 year in Miami at lesser $ to blow it up and succeed, or a long-term contract at 'Bama with huge increase in pay and a few years to turn them into national champ contenders. No predictions, but IF he leaves, dolfan707 has hit the nail on the head as to why...

Saban will not be getting a pay increase, it will be a decrease....I think he'd be better served here with a contract extension, because the grass isn't any greener in Bama..WHY? Well, their fans expect a winner, and the pressure to win is just as great as it is here. However there are some plus's in that they pack the stadium each an every game with die hard Bama fans unlike Dolphins home games were sometimes you have no idea who the home team is(Jets, New England games good examples), so the atmosphere is no doubt better. I just hope he stays put. Here's to a BIG 2007!

Just my opinion, I may be wrong.

Peace!

I said that a few days ago, that Capers would be the choice.

I think Nick's job is safe through 2008. For starters, getting rid of him in 2007 means that Wayne has to buy out two years on Saban and his army of assistants. I also don't see Wayne being more impatient with Saban than he was with Wanns**t.

But if Saban goes, I don't see Capers being the hire. He has proven that he is a great coordinator and a rotten head coach. One winning season out of eight and a career record of 48-80 does not make you the obvious heir apparent to Saban. However, Wayne may look for a head coach who runs a 3-4 and "encourages" him to keep Capers around as coordinator.

Bama

Are you kidding me? I think anyone in Alabama would tell you this state is at least 70% Bama fans and 30% Auburn at best. And about the comment of Auburn being dominant in state, check the link. Please stop stating opinions as facts, come up with some decent info or stop posting on things you have no idea about. http://auburn.rivals.com/viewrank.asp?ra_key=1586

Alabama is an irrelevancy in college football. In their last twelve games against Tennessee: 2-10; Auburn: 4-8 (0-5 the last five-years); Arkansas: 5-7; Florida: 4-8; LSU: 5-7 (0-4 the last four-years). They've been SEC champs twice since 1989. In the last 12-years Alabama has produced four first-round draft picks! Ohio State produced 5 last year! Cross-state rival Auburn had four first-round picks the year before last. Miami produced 21 in the last six-years! This gives you an indication as to the difficulty the Alabama program is in. Unlike USC, which resurrected itself nicely, or Ohio State, or Oklahoma for that matter, Bama has too much competition. Oklahoma had only an ascendant Texas to compete with. USC had no one at all in the Pac-10 with the legacy and built-in advantages vis-a-vis recruiting the LA and San Diego areas. Bama has Auburn, LSU, Tennessee, Florida, Arkansas, and Georgia to compete with, along with an ascendant South Carolina, and this is just in the SEC. Florida State is another team that competes in Alabama's neck of the woods.

Waving a lot of money at coaches that already have net worths in the tens of millions of dollars is really a sign of desperation on Bama's part. What is an additional 20-mil, or 30-mil. to a guy that probably already has accumulated 50-mil. in paid, or guaranteed salaries in his career? How many houses can you live in, and how many cars can you drive? At some point money ceases to matter. Contrary to the much repeated myth, humans do not conform their behavior along the lines of utility-maximizing robots, devoted only to, and willing to do anything for, a few extra bucks. Behaviorial economics has demonstrated this conclusively.

we should all take a S H I T and put it in aqua and orange bag and mail it to bama and tell thier boosters to stop screwing around with nick

I think Nick's job is safe through 2008. For starters, getting rid of him in 2007 means that Wayne has to buy out two years on Saban and his army of assistants. I also don't see Wayne being more impatient with Saban than he was with Wanns**t.

But if Saban goes, I don't see Capers being the hire. He has proven that he is a great coordinator and a rotten head coach. One winning season out of eight and a career record of 48-80 does not make you the obvious heir apparent to Saban. However, Wayne may look for a head coach who runs a 3-4 and "encourages" him to keep Capers around as coordinator.

No, if Nick leaves voluntarily, Wayne has no obligation to pay for any buyouts. In fairness to Capers, (and I'm not saying hire him if Nick goes) didn't he take over 2 expansion franchises? That career record etc. isn't necessarily fair...

I would be shocked if he went to 'Bama. Him leaving after two years like this after all the denials for what looks on the surface like just-for-money, would tarnish his imagine and he would end up being worse than Spurrier as a pro coach. From what I've seen on this guy, he seems like he values his rep. IMO he stays. Besides, it's not like he's getting hosed with money in Miami, he's getting a butt-load of money already. He's going to end up with $30 mill(I think) if he finishes out the Dolphins contract, so when you have that much what's another $20 million?

If you look at what sources close to Saban have been saying, you'll hear reasons why he's leaving...(a) he doesn't like coaching the pros, (b), he misses college FB, particularly the SEC, and (c) he and the family don't really like living in Miami.

You are naive if you believe his "denials" on their face. Remember when he denied having any interest in the Dolphins job? Remember when he said there was absolutely no way he was leaving Michigan State? What do you expect him to say? Just look at the way Mora was crucified for saying he'd consider going to Washington if the job came open. You have to expect that Saban would deny any interest, and those denials mean absolutely nothing, because above all he has to protect himself and his interests first.

What the heck does Nick have to say to get us to believe him? Does he need to murder Alabama's AD? Relieve himself on Bear Bryant's grave?

Back
Top Bottom