Saban Speculation Thread Part 1 (merged 9,999x) | Page 29 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Saban Speculation Thread Part 1 (merged 9,999x)

Will Saban take the offer from Alabama??

• Yes, the pressures of the NFL/ lure of a huge contract is too much to pass up

Votes: 136 49.8%
  • No. Saban will honor his contract with Miami and see this through one way or the other

Votes: 137 50.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
For anyone who hasn't seen this, in case you missed it, a reporter pressed Saban amid the latest such report - this one on NFL.com - that he's headed to Alabama:
Reporter: "Why don't you just say you're not going to be the Alabama coach?"
Saban: "I think I just said that. Did I not say that?"
Reporter: "Well, you didn't say it in those words."
Saban: "Well, then I guess I have to say it. I'm not going to be the Alabama coach. I shouldn't even have to comment on this. I think I've said this over and over again."

:yeahthat:

he is staying, and boy did alabama use shula or what, that should give nick an idea about that place, they get shula because nobody wanted to coach them while their program was suspended for violations, now they are off and shula gets the door, come on, i dont care what kind of money is out there, you cant go there

This is a joke, right? Used Shula? Kindly tell me what other university ever had Mike Shula on a short list as a head coach. When was Mike Shula ever going to get the chance to be a D-I head coach? Never, that's when. Alabama gave Shula the opportunity of a lifetime. He was completely unqualified for the job.

When Saban accepted this job with the Dolphins I'm sure he knew what he was getting into. I don't think after just two seasons he's saying to himself,

"Gee, this is tougher than I thought. I'm gonna bail out of this and go back to coaching a college team so I can win a lot of games easily. I just wanted to try coaching an NFL team just to see what it was like."

That just doesn't sound like Nick Saban to me. He doesn't strike me as someone who runs for cover when the going gets tough. Just my opinion.

Does it sound like Steve Spurrier? And remember, Spurrier didn't have a job offer when he quit. Maybe coaching in the NFL isn't everything that NFL fans think it is.

ESPN and everyone else just cant let stuff die because they dont like egg on thier face

Actually, Saban taking the job would put the egg on ESPN's face, because they are the ones who have been saying for two months that no one wants the job. As far as not letting the story die, it's your own newspapers down there in S. Fla. that have kept it alive.

How bad will our team look when Nick signs with Bama for less money?? I still cannot believe that a college would pay that much for a head coach. Figures are being reported anywhere from 30 mil to 60 mil for 10 years. I could see bama paying him 3.5 but nothing more IMO.

Sources indicate the offer is 7 years (most allowed by state law) in the 3.5 million range, which is Bob Stoopes range, and a 7 mil sigining bonus. He would be the highest paid coach in college FB.

This is a joke, right? Used Shula? Kindly tell me what other university ever had Mike Shula on a short list as a head coach. When was Mike Shula ever going to get the chance to be a D-I head coach? Never, that's when. Alabama gave Shula the opportunity of a lifetime. He was completely unqualified for the job.
Shula was completely unqualified for the job? you must be joking, the problem with Shula at Alabama was the people that Shula had to deal with.

if saban bolts on us after 2 years then i would lose all respect for him, the guy when he signed on the dotted line was saying he was willing and ready to lead this team, i like where our team is going, i like the talent we drafted congrats for ronnie on his 1000 yard season

but to walk out on a contract is not being a man, a man would honor that contract unless the gm or owner thought he didnt have to IE fire him

if he walked out we would be set back again and who knows what would happen

Actually, Saban taking the job would put the egg on ESPN's face, because they are the ones who have been saying for two months that no one wants the job. As far as not letting the story die, it's your own newspapers down there in S. Fla. that have kept it alive.
I agree with ESPN " that no one wants the job " no coach with integrity will take the position at Bama......including Schiano.

I assume you are talking about 2004 which was an ok draft (2 starters, nothing else) and trading Minny the draft pick to move up two spots was a terrible GM decision.

However, 2005 > 2004. I actually think 2005 was once of our better drafts in recent history especially considering the weak choices at the top draft (2 solid starters, 1 starter/CB depth, 1 DE expected to start, 2 unknown but still on the team).

My point was about draft day *trades*. There weren't any in 2005 or this past draft.

Tuscaloosa OR South Beach?
Convincing 17 yr olds to play for you, dealing with alumni?..... the money is the same. If he leaves now, his credibility went down the tubes in returning to the NFL in the future.

Back
Top Bottom