Saban Speculation Thread Part 1 (merged 9,999x) | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Saban Speculation Thread Part 1 (merged 9,999x)

Will Saban take the offer from Alabama??

• Yes, the pressures of the NFL/ lure of a huge contract is too much to pass up

Votes: 136 49.8%
  • No. Saban will honor his contract with Miami and see this through one way or the other

Votes: 137 50.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I put myself in his shoes, and I'm gone....

The Phinz are in the toilet, and need a major overhaul within the next few seasons. If Saban stays, he has tons of work ahead of him, and I'm not sure, after experiencing what will be his fist ever losing season, he still has the confidence needed to turn it around.....

At Alabama he'll have a much easier road, and he should be able to build a winner at the college level much quicker too. He's also got great ties within the SEC Confernece, which is exactly what Saban is accumstomed to.....

I hope he stays, but considering our current state, I could never blame him for leaving us. Let's face it, we're one of the worst / and oldest team's in the NFL these days, and that's not an optimal situation for any coach, let alone for an inexperienced one like Saban. We've play good at times over the last two years, but I see no champion here{team as is}....

If Saban doesn't want to build a winner in Miami, and decides to head back to the college rankings, we'll find someone who will....

PHINZ RULE!!!!

that would make you a quitter in my book...him too....

I put myself in his shoes, and I'm gone....

The Phinz are in the toilet, and need a major overhaul within the next few seasons. If Saban stays, he has tons of work ahead of him, and I'm not sure, after experiencing what will be his fist ever losing season, he still has the confidence needed to turn it around.....

At Alabama he'll have a much easier road, and he should be able to build a winner at the college level much quicker too. He's also got great ties within the SEC Confernece, which is exactly what Saban is accumstomed to.....

I hope he stays, but considering our current state, I could never blame him for leaving us. Let's face it, we're one of the worst / and oldest team's in the NFL these days, and that's not an optimal situation for any coach, let alone for an inexperienced one like Saban. We've play good at times over the last two years, but I see no champion here{team as is}....

If Saban doesn't want to build a winner in Miami, and decides to head back to the college rankings, we'll find someone who will....

PHINZ RULE!!!!

This whole thing about us being "old" is a little overdone. Yeah, we have some guys with age along the DL, somehow that translates to the whole team being old. Our OL is young, our starting RB is young, we have some young guys in the secondary, waiting in the wings along the DL, and if we draft a starting LB, suddenly our LB corps will be full of youth as well.

We suck because we don't have a QB. Period. In todays NFL you can restock quickly to get younger. Age isn't our problem.

To the people saying itwould destroy Saban's NFL career:

WHO CARES!!! If this is his "dream job" and Alabama is guaranteeing 10 yrs salary at $57 million...do you think Saban cares abou the NFL?????? Stop fooling yourself into excuses, people. Ever think Saban doesn't like the NFL?? It's highly likely. So if true, he couldn't care less about his future chances.

Then, throw in Saban is like, 54 or 55 yrs old, and 10 years puts him at 64-65 at the very least if the NFL shuns him. On top of that, he is EASILY set for life on $57 million, even after taxes.

IMO, Saban is going to Alabama.

What's this crap about this being his "dream job". If so, he could have had this job a long time ago. This is just more hype being added on for people frothing for some type of story. His dream job was having complete control over an NFL team.

that would make you a quitter in my book...him too....

An extremely wealthy quitter, and once he builds a winner in Alabama{which he will}, nobody will care what he did / didn't do in Miami. At least that's my opinion....

Personally, I don't want him to leave. I think he has a future in Miami, and would like him to continue rebuilding this team. Howvere, things like this are impossible to predict, and there's certainly a decent chance he will take the job, and move back to where he's more comfortable....college....

PHINZ RULE!!!!

espn hasnt exactly been correct in terms of the dolphins lately with the whole daunte thing and Huizenga selling the team. i think after sunday saban stays coach and alabama has to find someone else.

I agree. How many coaches could be fired coughlin, mora jr, can't think but theres a good amount.

This whole thing about us being "old" is a little overdone. Yeah, we have some guys with age along the DL, somehow that translates to the whole team being old. Our OL is young, our starting RB is young, we have some young guys in the secondary, waiting in the wings along the DL, and if we draft a starting LB, suddenly our LB corps will be full of youth as well.

Don't shoot me for posting facts. The 2006 Miami Dolphins had / have the oldest team in the National Football League. I don't know how else to explain that in order to make it any easier to understand....

We suck because we don't have a QB. Period.

We suck for many reasons, QB is just one of them in my opinion....

Age isn't our problem.

I disagree. I think it's a major problem....

PHINZ RULE!!!!

I agree....he would be kissing his NFL career goodbye.....the NFl would shut their doors on Saban....all owners would lose trust if he ever attempted to come back.

Not if he won the national championship with Alabama.

An extremely wealthy quitter, and once he builds a winner in Alabama{which he will}, nobody will care what he did / didn't do in Miami. At least that's my opinion....

Personally, I don't want him to leave. I think he has a future in Miami, and would like him to continue rebuilding this team. Howvere, things like this are impossible to predict, and there's certainly a decent chance he will take the job, and move back to where he's more comfortable....college....

PHINZ RULE!!!!

you are exactly right about the wealth...I think about that and just cannot hardly fathom having that kind of resources. I DO believe however, that for "some" there is a point where more doesn't become attractive just for the numbers. Nick AND his family are already set for life and there is no "need" to compromise any values or dignity. I believe he is driven to succeed and that as he has not yet accomplished that in the NFL, he stays... what would conversations with Belichick be like if he quit....

I am unconvinced he is "more comfortable" in college...he has won the BIG one there, but that is a "goal" and has little to do with "comfortable..IMO.

The only Dolphin job I'd like to see Saban leave from is the GM one.

Don't shoot me for posting facts. The 2006 Miami Dolphins had / have the oldest team in the National Football League. I don't know how else to explain that in order to make it any easier to understand....

We suck for many reasons, QB is just one of them in my opinion....

I disagree. I think it's a major problem....

PHINZ RULE!!!!

QB IS THE MAJOR PROBLEM. Again, not to beat a dead horse, but if we would have signed Brees I think we are in the playoffs. We have a top 5 defense and an adequate running game.

As for the age debate, I'm not saying that currently we aren't a little aged, I'm saying that it can be easily rectified with some of the young players we currently have, FA and of course the draft. Turnarounds come quickly in the NFL. Just look at the Chargers, left for dead by Eli and his dad. They are now teeming with talent and youth.

I am unconvinced he is "more comfortable" in college...he has won the BIG one there, but that is a "goal" and has little to do with "comfortable..IMO.

I don't think Saban is very comfortable with losing, and if he ever intends on rebuilding this team as our HC, he's going to have to get use to it very quickly....

It takes time to build a winner at this level, and I can only hope that Saban will have the patience to deal with that fact, and continue his job here. He needs to be comfortable with where he is, and at this stage I can't say he is...

PHINZ RULE!!!!

If Saban is dead set on keeping MM, then I can not see his leaving as a bad thing.

I don't think Saban is very comfortable with losing, and if he ever intends on rebuilding this team as our HC, he's going to have to get use to it very quickly....

It takes time to build a winner at this level, and I can only hope that Saban will have the patience to deal with that fact, and continue his job here. He needs to be comfortable with where he is, and at this stage I can't say he is...

PHINZ RULE!!!!

excellent point...I'll be he lays awake at night second guessing this seasons decisions that led to our record... he's pretty smart, I have significant hope he is learning along the way.

I'm trying to figure out why so many people are surprised that this could be true. If Saban has come to the conclusion that he is better suited for the college level, finds it more enjoyable, and will be compensated as well as it is being reported, then it shouldn't be a shock. I'm not sure what will happen. But I'm prepared to see him go if that's how it turns out. I wouldn't be surprised at all.
Him leaving to go to Bama (for the reasons you mentioned) would not be shocking IF HE HADN'T DENIED ALL INTEREST IN THE POSITION, MANY TIMES OVER. At this point it would be shocking because it would go against the principles that many of us feel Nick represents.

At this point it would be shocking because it would go against the principles that many of us feel Nick represents.

It would also go against his principles to say he's leaving, while we still have one more game to play. I think Saban will find a way to sidestep any major criticism if he decides to leave. There are already rumors about him using "Wayne selling the team" as his reason for walking....

Well regardless of what happens, I hope it happens soon. I'm tired of all the rumors / speculation surrounding it. I know what Saban has said, and any coach in the same state would say the same, but once our season is officially over, I want to hear him say it again. Then, and only then, will I be convnced he's staying....

PHINZ RULE!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom