Saban Speculation Thread Part 1 (merged 9,999x) | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Saban Speculation Thread Part 1 (merged 9,999x)

Will Saban take the offer from Alabama??

• Yes, the pressures of the NFL/ lure of a huge contract is too much to pass up

Votes: 136 49.8%
  • No. Saban will honor his contract with Miami and see this through one way or the other

Votes: 137 50.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Why the heck did he take this job?...Shula went to Bama 3 years ago why didnt saban jump ship from LSU to them?...Considering he had 1 year left as HC at LSU.

I hate this crap but if he does leave ill lose all respect for him as a person and as a HC at any lvl.

Do you think he's lying? Or are you just hoping that he's lying?

I don't particularly care either way. If he stays, there's a possibility he could turn things around...he's not stupid and he's been a good coach in the past. But I am under no illusions that he's our "savior" and will be the one to take us to the Superbowl if he stays. He has the capability to be a good coach for us, but I've seen nothing so far to indicate that this is a sure thing.

It would also go against his principles to say he's leaving, while we still have one more game to play. I think Saban will find a way to sidestep any major criticism if he decides to leave. There are already rumors about him using "Wayne selling the team" as his reason for walking....

Well regardless of what happens, I hope it happens soon. I'm tired of all the rumors / speculation surrounding it. I know what Saban has said, and any coach in the same state would say the same, but once our season is officially over, I want to hear him say it again. Then, and only then, will I be convnced he's staying....

PHINZ RULE!!!!!
I never said he had to say he was leaving if, in fact, he planned on leaving. But to go out and give several categorical denials to the move to Bama, and later take the job, would definately go against what many of us feel are Nick's principles.
I agreee with you on your second point, I'm ready for this circus to end.

To the people saying itwould destroy Saban's NFL career:

WHO CARES!!! If this is his "dream job" and Alabama is guaranteeing 10 yrs salary at $57 million...do you think Saban cares abou the NFL?????? Stop fooling yourself into excuses, people. Ever think Saban doesn't like the NFL?? It's highly likely. So if true, he couldn't care less about his future chances.

Then, throw in Saban is like, 54 or 55 yrs old, and 10 years puts him at 64-65 at the very least if the NFL shuns him. On top of that, he is EASILY set for life on $57 million, even after taxes.

IMO, Saban is going to Alabama.

If you chose to believe that this job "may be his dream job" I'd like to hear what you think his reasoning may be.

This story has certainly taken on legs of it's own and some of you have bought into it completely but I really haven't heard any reasoning that makes sense as to why he would leave.

The "Dream job" angle holds zero water IMO.
He was already a coach at a top program.
He just won a Natl. Championship, got the school to make a major upgrade on facilities and could have had job security for at least another decade living off that one title alone.

So you are saying that you believe his "dream job" all along was to leave one top program that he built into a success and go to another college program that is in shambles?

This line of thinking is also ignoring the fact that he always talked about waiting for the right opp. to go to the NFL. Seems he's always cherished a chance to go to the NFL.

The "dream job" stuff is bunk.

There's only one reason he'd leave the NFL now that he got there. Especially the situation he's been handed in Miami with total control and an open pocketbook from Wayne.

If he leaves, he is tucking his tail between his legs and running because he thinks he can't handle the NFL.

Personally, I don't see it.
If he does leave, and it will be for the reason stated above if he leaves, then we can feel blessed that he takes off. Again though, I just don't see it.

QB IS THE MAJOR PROBLEM. Again, not to beat a dead horse, but if we would have signed Brees I think we are in the playoffs. We have a top 5 defense and an adequate running game.

As for the age debate, I'm not saying that currently we aren't a little aged, I'm saying that it can be easily rectified with some of the young players we currently have, FA and of course the draft. Turnarounds come quickly in the NFL. Just look at the Chargers, left for dead by Eli and his dad. They are now teeming with talent and youth.

I agree Bree's would have given us a much better shot to make the playoffs by winning some of our low scoring games. However, with the way our Oline started out the year, there is also a good chance he would not have made it through the first half of the season.

The Chargers, with the help of some high draft choices, definately should get a lot of credit for turning the franchise around. Even before Eli, there was the Ryan Leaf fiasco.

Merged 3X: Saban expected to receive offer from Bama

Dolphins | Saban expected to receive offer from Alabama
Sat, 30 Dec 2006 09:43:34 -0800

Armando Salguero, of the Miami Herald, reports the University of Alabama is expected to make a lucrative contract offer to Miami Dolphins head coach Nick Saban to become the school's next head coach as early as Sunday, Dec. 31, or Monday, Jan. 1. Alabama's offer is expected to be much more than the $15 million Saban is owed for the three years remaining on his contract with the Dolphins. The difference could amount to a guarantee in the $40 million range against Miami's $15 million. Saban would likely receive approximately $4 million annually and a signing bonus in the $7 million range.

im so sick of this story. Saban needs to just leave already and let's rebuild the right way this time!!!!

I hate to destroy everyone's notion about a 57MM contract but here is what was reported (today)
OK, it still doesn't change my premiss though. In the long run Saban is making much much more money, guaranteed, at a job he calls his "dream". I'd sacrifice a few million to make tons more guaranteed in the future.

...in fact, that's what you should be doing now, it's called a 401k and retirement plans.

that would make you a quitter in my book...him too....
And in my book I wouldn't give a rats arse what "cnc66" on a Miami Dolphins board thought so long as I and my family were happy and financially well off. VERY financially well off in this case.

OK, it still doesn't change my premiss though. In the long run Saban is making much much more money, guaranteed, at a job he calls his "dream". I'd sacrifice a few million to make tons more guaranteed in the future.

...in fact, that's what you should be doing now, it's called a 401k and retirement plans.

prove to us he called it his dream...you're entire premise is speculatuion

Saban should just say screw you Alabama I'm staying with the Fins or go and coach that crappy college football team.

this story is just pathetic and annoying, i mean this uncertainty isnt good for the team that already has enough uncertainty. Saban just has to make his decesion and live with it, either stay here were he promised that he would change the franchise around or take the easy way out and leave to bama who still thinks they are an elite football team but kidding themselves and take the money

im so sick of this story. Saban needs to just leave already and let's rebuild the right way this time!!!!

MikeO...the ray of sunshine makes an appearance.

he leaves..it is a deathnell to this franchise for another 3 years minimum.

Think about that.

Back
Top Bottom