Saints Safety Kenny Vaccaro Visiting | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Saints Safety Kenny Vaccaro Visiting

If they can find a trade partner willing to take on McDonald, then that would be great. Take worthless Branch with him and I'd give up a 2018 7th in exchange for a 2020+ 7th.

McDonald isn't a bad player. He's a solid strong safety. But it's him or Reshad. Shouldn't have both. No team is paying a backup safety that much, and only one of them can start if our D is to be successful.

I mentioned it before the offseason started.... If we were to rebuilt, I'd be all for moving Reshad. But that's not the case with Tanny back.

Miami would improve tenfold if they draft Derwin.

He improves the secondary and LB unit in one swoop. He can play both LOL.

In all seriousness this guy is my dream for the draft. Instant all pro IMO.

So he left without a contract or? Guess maybe it was just a visit....

Kenny Vaccaro - DB - Free Agent
The Miami Herald's Armando Salguero reports the Dolphins could extend a one-year "prove it" offer to free agent S Kenny Vaccaro.

Despite his lack of visits, Vaccaro remains a solid player who can help out both in the box and against tight ends. His presence would also likely push S T.J. McDonald to linebacker as the team has shown interest in moving him there. Vaccaro is still only 27 and underwent core muscle surgery in December.
Related: Dolphins

Source: Armando Salguero
Apr 12 - 2:03 PM

http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl/football/?ls=roto:nfl:morenewsbottom

And seems to only work for New England

I don't follow other teams enough to know how well free agency works for them.

Off the top of my head, didn't it work for the RAM's a few decades ago when they needed a QB and got someone who had been bagging groceries?

Following the media has not been effective for me, unless there is a performance that reaches cosmic levels of interest over a fairly long period of time.

By the way, that QB's name was Kurt Warner.

Why not sniff around Eric Reid? He's been injured too- perfect scenario for us, except he's more of a fs / nickel I believe. No one wants to give him a chance because of the kneeling?

Why not sniff around Eric Reid? He's been injured too- perfect scenario for us, except he's more of a fs / nickel I believe. No one wants to give him a chance because of the kneeling?

Not sure what the deal is- he did visit the Seahawks.

Dolphins official twitter account is quiet- no announcement of a vist so not sure whats up with Kenny

Vaccaro and Garvin are about bolstering the Dolphins nickle defense. They both give support against the run while in the nickle package. Miami ranked 30th last year against the run while in the nickle set. Vaccaro can also cover slot especially in the red zone where Miami ranked 30th as well in red zone TD's given up.

Garvin replaced Thomas mainly on Special teams, but gives flexibility in nickle as well.

I get it's hard to trust Miami after years of incompetence, but both of these moves serve a purpose and should help in the areas IMO they were designed to help in.

I don't follow other teams enough to know how well free agency works for them.

Off the top of my head, didn't it work for the RAM's a few decades ago when they needed a QB and got someone who had been bagging groceries?

Following the media has not been effective for me, unless there is a performance that reaches cosmic levels of interest over a fairly long period of time.

By the way, that QB's name was Kurt Warner.
Remember that my best friend, when we were kids, got bagged by Kurt Warner and his wife was the lady in front of them.

this is the FO doing their due diligence...however, if he is signed, that is a strong indication that either A there is a trade in the works for TJ, or B they are really trying to explore TJ playing more of a LB like Bucannon on the Cardinals as a "dollar" LB and Barron on the Rams in the same role...however, I am worried that TJ is a little too light...unless he has put on some weight, he is only around 205 and 6'3'', where both Bucannon and Barron are both 215-220 range and are slighter shorter at 6'1''...regardless, I think we need a true FS to play centerfield and I like minkah at that spot more than derwin

this is the FO doing their due diligence...however, if he is signed, that is a strong indication that either A there is a trade in the works for TJ, or B they are really trying to explore TJ playing more of a LB like Bucannon on the Cardinals as a "dollar" LB and Barron on the Rams in the same role...however, I am worried that TJ is a little too light...unless he has put on some weight, he is only around 205 and 6'3'', where both Bucannon and Barron are both 215-220 range and are slighter shorter at 6'1''...regardless, I think we need a true FS to play centerfield and I like minkah at that spot more than derwin

I agree with you, but according to ESPN, NFL and the Miami Dolphins page TJ comes in at 223lbs. He is plenty big enough to play that Hybrid position. I am pretty sure he played it at USC and in LA at times as well.

Back
Top Bottom