Salary issue may stall Ricky's return. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Salary issue may stall Ricky's return.

phinz_fan said:
You can't unbreach a contract. Once you breach it there's no "unbreaching". It's like a pre-nup agreement. Once you cheat on your wife with your secretary you can't "un-cheat" on her. It's game over - she gets all your $$$$$$$ !!

Man you just ruined my plan.. Thanx for saving me the cash, I thought "un-cheating" was a great idea, destined for the bigtime.

It is the agents job to get as much money for his client as possible.. THis might be a non-issue..

THAT SAID.. If RIcky's contract is void now because he breached the contract, then how is he still property of the Dolphins? They have no contract.

If the FIns owe it pay it. I think that if he comes back he no longer owes the $8M and might no longer be in breach of the ocntract. SO, if the FIns owe it owe well, we owe it and have to pay it, that is what contracts are all about.

FiN.in.RI said:
It is the agents job to get as much money for his client as possible.. THis might be a non-issue..

THAT SAID.. If RIcky's contract is void now because he breached the contract, then how is he still property of the Dolphins? They have no contract.

It's covered by the collective bargaining agreement which sets out what happens when a player retires.

If the Dolphins organization doesn't want to do the right thing and pay Ricky the $3.7 million this year, than trade him. Taking advantage of the situation and trying to pay him the league minimum would either make Ricky stay in retirement or create bad karma within the team. Be happy he's coming back, step up to the plate, and give him the figure in his contract (still far less than what he's worth).

MelbournePhin said:
pay the man and move on.

So IYO we should pay a backup RB 3.7 mil? We should cut other players to make room and we should bypass picking up June 1st FAs that might strengthen our team to make room for RW?

dean_siu said:
If the Dolphins organization doesn't want to do the right thing and pay Ricky the $3.7 million this year, than trade him. Taking advantage of the situation and trying to pay him the league minimum would either make Ricky stay in retirement or create bad karma within the team. Be happy he's coming back, step up to the plate, and give him the figure in his contract (still far less than what he's worth).

How is this far less than he's worth? Everybody (including RW and his agent) agreed this was a fair contract when he signed it after his monster 2002 season. Now that his value has decreased to to the point that he is nearly untradeable you think he's worth more?

rafael said:
So IYO we should pay a backup RB 3.7 mil? We should cut other players to make room and we should bypass picking up June 1st FAs that might strengthen our team to make room for RW?

No way should Ronnie Brown make 3.7 mil as a rookie! We are talking about Ricky Williams salary in this thread.

ricky will be the back up now....

ronnie will establish that early..

rafael said:
How is this far less than he's worth? Everybody (including RW and his agent) agreed this was a fair contract when he signed it after his monster 2002 season. Now that his value has decreased to to the point that he is nearly untradeable you think he's worth more?

I never said it wasn't fair....I just said it's less than he's worth. Ricky is a team player and willing to play for less than fair market value so we can pursue other offensive support (i.e. a line to protect him). He's not holding out for a larger contract (be happy he doesn't have a TO like ego)....he's willing to accept what he signed and the organization should as well.

dean_siu said:
No way should Ronnie Brown make 3.7 mil as a rookie! We are talking about Ricky Williams salary in this thread.

Oh you mean the 195 pound guy who's nearing the age when most RBs go down hill? The guy with the mental disorder and for all we know will quit again when his mood changes? The guy who is one failed drug test away from a year long suspension? Yeah, we should throw big money at this guy. :shakeno:

SABA-TOOTH said:
ricky will be the back up now....

ronnie will establish that early..

Even if Ronnie is the real deal (a fact yet to be proven on the NFL level), he never had more than 175 carries in a year on the college level. Putting him a position right away where he carries 20-30 times a game (approximately 400 carries for the year) would be a guranteed way to shorten his career. Let's hope that Saban is smarter than that!

Back
Top Bottom