Salguero: Dolphins Will Fire Tannenbaum, Keep Gase And Grier | Page 17 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Salguero: Dolphins Will Fire Tannenbaum, Keep Gase And Grier

riddle me this: Gase starts 2019 season 1-4 or 2-3 with 2 division loses and still averaging 17ppg... what then??

riddle me this: Gase starts 2019 4-1 with 2 divisional wins, what then?

IDK - but in your scenario, I don't think we fire him mid-year...assuming a new QB you let the offense mature and evaluate at the end of the season like most reasonable franchises do.

riddle me this: Gase starts 2019 4-1 with 2 divisional wins, what then?

IDK - but in your scenario, I don't think we fire him mid-year...assuming a new QB you let the offense mature and evaluate at the end of the season like most reasonable franchises do.

When has his offense ever matured? It has been a consistent decline for the past 3 years.

Why fire Tannebaum only? from all indications this was Gase's team.

• Another one to watch in that regard could be Miami’s Adam Gase. If EVP Mike Tannenbaum takes the fall (we told you Monday, it’d be a shocker if both Gase and Tannenbaum survive), Gase and GM Chris Grier could remain. So do the Dolphins just elevate Grier in responsibility or find someone to replace Tannenbaum? If they take latter route, would they dig into Gase’s power (i.e. control over the 53-man roster) to lure that someone—a move that would require adjusting Gase’s contract and open the door for him to look at other jobs? I’m told other clubs are monitoring this one. It’s not crazy to think a team like Cleveland, which tried to interview Gase on the recommendation of Jimmy Haslam’s buddy Peyton Manning in 2014, then did interview him in ‘16, could lie in the weeds, with Baker Mayfield as bait. Again, if it’s Gase and Grier’s show, this is status quo. But some change could bring more change.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/12/27/nfl-coaching-rumors-2019-browns-jets-buccaneers-dolphins-ravens

• Another one to watch in that regard could be Miami’s Adam Gase. If EVP Mike Tannenbaum takes the fall (we told you Monday, it’d be a shocker if both Gase and Tannenbaum survive), Gase and GM Chris Grier could remain. So do the Dolphins just elevate Grier in responsibility or find someone to replace Tannenbaum? If they take latter route, would they dig into Gase’s power (i.e. control over the 53-man roster) to lure that someone—a move that would require adjusting Gase’s contract and open the door for him to look at other jobs? I’m told other clubs are monitoring this one. It’s not crazy to think a team like Cleveland, which tried to interview Gase on the recommendation of Jimmy Haslam’s buddy Peyton Manning in 2014, then did interview him in ‘16, could lie in the weeds, with Baker Mayfield as bait. Again, if it’s Gase and Grier’s show, this is status quo. But some change could bring more change.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/12/27/nfl-coaching-rumors-2019-browns-jets-buccaneers-dolphins-ravens

That’s because the rest of the NFL sees what this fan base can’t anymore: Gase turning bottom-tier rosters into teams challenging for playoff spots. Watch what happens when he joins a team that has a competent front office and an owner who actually opens his wallet for the staff he wants.

That’s because the rest of the NFL sees what this fan base can’t anymore: Gase turning bottom-tier rosters into teams challenging for playoff spots. Watch what happens when he joins a team that has a competent front office and an owner who actually opens his wallet for the staff he wants.

Or maybe people realize that he isn’t a good coach? 5 years in Detroit and the teams record was 26-44. 1 year in SF 7-9, 3 years in Denver before Peyton 20-28, 1 year in Chicago 6-10, 3 years in Miami 23-24. Only 1 winning season out of 13. Why is he such a hot commodity?

Back
Top Bottom