Salguero: Dolphins Will Fire Tannenbaum, Keep Gase And Grier | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Salguero: Dolphins Will Fire Tannenbaum, Keep Gase And Grier

Let me say this another way.

If Gase tries to blame Loggains for the offensive failures, no one will buy into it.

He may do it, but that's not going to bolster anyone's opinion of him. He can't now say that it wasn't his offense. We all know who calls the plays. We all know the gameday, situational football mistakes are owned by him, and him alone.

The only way he could possibly spin that, is that the OC wasn't preparing the offense properly.

He's already seen by most hardcore fans as an excuse maker.

I forgot to mention one underlying motive to my thoughts: Gase does not care what other people think. You are using logic to correctly assess this team. Gase is using ego to assess his own perception of this team.

You seem to be misunderstanding the motive in my words. I'm with ya, I assess logically too. But, when I say I think Loggains will be axed, it is from years of being in the corporate world and seeing ego, money and power overrule logic.

Ross has the money. Gase has the ego.

As long as Gase has Ross' faith, Gase will tell Ross why this team is failing.

But I believe this is the pinnacle of Gase's credibility and slope of his demise in Ross' eyes. Money will only listen to ego for so long until i pulls the plug. We've seen Ross move loyalty from Parcells to TB waiting in the wings, TB to Gase waiting in the wings and now Gase to Marino waiting in the wings.

Gase has to deliver now or his "it's not my fault" rhetoric will find the same door TB just did. The evidence is already there that Ross has hedged his bet on Marino. It's just a matter of Gase undermining himself now.

Understand, what I believe vs. the reality of corporate America is the same as fact vs. politics.

I believe as you do in fact. But it is politics that decides the outcome. Sadly, as I will never have enough money or power to affect any outcome. So, I see the facts and wrestle with the reality.

The weirdest thing to me about all of Ross’ half measures...what is he so afraid of losing?

Friendship?

It’s obviously not money because he spends plenty of it.

Is it terrifying to clean house and go from 7-9 or 6-10 to 3-13? It’s still losing.

Someone needs to tell him it’s okay to have balls when things deserve to be taken care of.

The weirdest thing to me about all of Ross’ half measures...what is he so afraid of losing?

Friendship?

It’s obviously not money because he spends plenty of it.

Is it terrifying to clean house and go from 7-9 or 6-10 to 3-13? It’s still losing.

Someone needs to tell him it’s okay to have balls when things deserve to be taken care of.

Wanny has posted about this a few times.

Apparently he’s from the Michigan business school, which pushes a model of everyone having value and rearranging staff to put them in a place where their strengths are best used instead of simply firing people.

Whether that works in this specific business climate is debatable, but that’s at least the philosophical background of where he’s coming from.

Apparently he’s from the Michigan business school, which pushes a model of everyone having value and rearranging staff to put them in a place where their strengths are best used instead of simply firing people.

Whether that works in this specific business climate is debatable, but that’s at least the philosophical background of where he’s coming from.
Zero playoff wins in 11 years. I'm guessing his model doesn't work in this specific business climate.

Zero playoff wins in 11 years. I'm guessing his model doesn't work in this specific business climate.

I don’t know if it’s his specific business model or just his poor front office hires. There’s a few teams in the same boat without owners who went to the Michigan business school. Anyone deciding that Mike Tennenbaum is the person to run your NFL team obviously has some issues with hiring personnel.

I’m fully aware the offense results are trash under gase. Gase can’t fire himself and Ross isn’t going to. Doesn’t change the fact that Burke’s defense is trash too.

I’d be more inclined to give gase another chance with a different signal caller than I would burke with mostly the same personnel which is where it’s gonna be minus some potential change at de and maybe a tj McDonald cut to make minkah a full time safety

Betcha on offense qb will be the vast majority of change.

Doesn't work because there has to be accountability. Accountability starts at the top in this business - moving people around is essentially avoiding the accountability that has to start with Ross himself. Firing people means admitting mistakes.

That might work in real estate... clearly, it doesn’t work in the NFL.

I dont see loggains going anywhere unless it is to actually call plays for someone else under the same oc title.

And i dont see that being offered to him so id expect him back same role.

This is exactly what I figured was gonna happen, scape goat someone in the front office to justify keeping fallout synth Gase, I do not understand what people see in this dead body there is nothing there but yet somehow he is always able to weasle his way into something it's sickening because he is horrible, and I actually like Tannenbaum

This article appears to be more speculation than facts. If Miami loses at Buffalo, than I don't think anyone is safe. But what I think or anyone else does really does not matter, it is what Ross thinks which matters.

Sounds perfect. Grier has drafted wel and the players like Gase. We need MUCH better coordinators. Our coordinators are bottom of the barrel.

This is why the "you're not a real fan" people annoy me. This is exactly why I was rooting for losses weeks ago:

I knew Ross had to have his forehead cracked open. It has to be obvious to him that change is needed or else he won't do what needs to be done. If one meaningless finale game is truly going to swing his opinion, then we're as doomed as I feared. No foresight whatsoever.

Keep being "real" fans though and hope that meaningless wins will keep this joke of a football coach around.

But what fans hope for has no effect on the outcome of games. Why is that so hard for people to understand. I can jump around my living room in my Dolphins jersey waving Pom pins for 3 hours and it means nothing. I’m so sick of the fans who call out other fans for wanting the team to win, it means nothing. The Dolphins will win or lose in Buffalo regardless of what any of us want. I JUST DONT UNDERSTAND HOW ANYBODY DOESN’T GET THIS. If every Miami Dolphins fan on the entire planet earth was rooting for them to lose this meaningless game they still could win. It’s that simple!

They're just all in all incredibly stupid people who can't see past a day in the future. They somehow enjoy short term success regardless of the implication it leads to prolonging this purgatory of
mediocrity. I genuinely believe if you're not rooting for a spanking this Sunday at Bufffalo you're less of a fan for it. I guess they're excuse is "LETS GET A WIN TO END THE SEASON ON A POSITIVE NOTE! GO DOLPHINS! LETS GO OUT THERE AND GET AN EVEN WORSE DRAFT PICK AND HELP EXTEND A LIMP DICK COACH'S CAREER AND PROLONG THE REIGN OF OUR EVER SO MEDIOCRE QB!"

Again who we root for changes nothing. We can be pissed I’d we win I guess but it changes nothing. If every Miami Dolphins fan on planet earth rooted against the team they still could win. Who we root for is as meaningless as the game, maybe moreso.

Back
Top Bottom