Salguero: Dolphins Will Fire Tannenbaum, Keep Gase And Grier | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Salguero: Dolphins Will Fire Tannenbaum, Keep Gase And Grier

They're just all in all incredibly stupid people who can't see past a day in the future. They somehow enjoy short term success regardless of the implication it leads to prolonging this purgatory of
mediocrity. I genuinely believe if you're not rooting for a spanking this Sunday at Bufffalo you're less of a fan for it. I guess they're excuse is "LETS GET A WIN TO END THE SEASON ON A POSITIVE NOTE! GO DOLPHINS! LETS GO OUT THERE AND GET AN EVEN WORSE DRAFT PICK AND HELP EXTEND A LIMP DICK COACH'S CAREER AND PROLONG THE REIGN OF OUR EVER SO MEDIOCRE QB!"

Wow just ****ing grow up. This board is full of people who feel so strongly about their OPINION, that they think the opposite is stupid. Childish.

It's fine that you want the organization to go one way or the other, but the true idiots are the ones who think their opinions trump anyone else. Get over yourself!

Lots of posters acting like bitter ex-girlfriends in this thread. Time to put your emotions in check and look at the situation like a rational adult.

Crying about Burke is stupid because Gase has always held his coaching staff accountable. Burke is as good as gone, that’s almost a certainty, and that’s especially true because he wasn’t even Gase’s first choice.

If what Chambers says is true, then that’s a best case scenario. Let the new head honcho come in and do his own evaluation of Gase. If he doesn’t like what he sees, so be it. If he thinks he will do a good job, that’s fine too. But firing him just because you guys are sad about missing the playoffs is beyond stupid.

Great post. Right now head coach is not nearly as important as identifying an ultra sharp guy to run the franchise. That's been my argument for a decade or more, that the Dolphins' overriding weakness is mediocre minds hiring fellow mediocre minds and in concert making mediocre decisions. Such a contrast from my youth, when everyone in town was so smug because we could sense that the Dolphins were run by smart people acquiring smart people at every level.

On Monday night the Raiders executed that loose ball recovery on a punt return better than I've ever seen it done, for a 99 yard touchdown. But 50 years earlier a Dolphins rookie at Buffalo was the first one I ever saw who understood the rule and made a kamikaze move to pick up the ball, even though it was alongside his own goal line at almost exactly the same spot the Raiders player picked it up. The announcers were screaming that Dick Anderson made a foolish risky choice. Viewers thought so also. What the heck was he doing risking a fumble at his own goal line? Only later did we learn that Anderson was wiser than us all.

That type of thing defined that Dolphins era. The intentional late safety against the Steelers in 1973, etc.

But recently instead of Dick Anderson types we've had Reshad Jones types. That switch symbolizes the reduction of the franchise as much as anything, IMO. Instead of an ultra sharp team-oriented safety who excelled against the run and pass we've got a self-absorbed type who can't diagnose or cover in a pass oriented era, and who commits bonehead penalties for no reason other than a need to feel like a tough guy during the rare instances he actually shows up before the pass play concludes.

Give me someone in that lead role who will find the Anderson and Scott types, someone who will know what areas to prioritize, like self-motivated players who have always excelled against their peers but recently become devalued, like Jake Scott lingering in the CFL and available in the 7th round. The Seahawks recently have not only had their own priority list regarding traits at each position, but they also want guys who are incredibly self motivated. That team and especially the defense looked on the verge of collapse early this season. Seattle fans on their blogs were in despair, forecasting a season with 5 victories or fewer. Now somehow it's turned around again. No need to tread water for 9 seasons. I'm convinced it's largely due to not only to a truly excellent quarterback in Russell Wilson but also a tendency to make decisions that are a few percent above the norm. That's all it takes. Grind positive.

Everyone is dumping on Mike McCarthy. Results...results...results. Everyone in that thread was screaming results, particularly over the past 4 seasons. Meanwhile that guy won a Super Bowl then followed with a 15-1 season that was second scariest to the 2007 Patriots in terms of matching Miami's unbeaten. McCarthy was hand picked by Ted Thompson even though McCarthy was young and not considered a top tier head coaching prospect at the time.

That is the stuff I prioritize, far beyond recency. I'm not saying I would pursue McCarthy. But there is major likelihood he is undervalued. If all you know is the most recent outcome then you don't know much of anything, because everyone else is fixated on that new outcome as well. And they are just waiting to change their mind again based on tomorrow's version of recency. I don't know how many betting systems I have kept despite mediocrity or failure over the course of 2-3 seasons. Big deal. If they are based on sound logic the results will rebound.

Adam Gase annoys me on several levels. I don't fully respect anyone who doesn't trust the media nor understand how to use it to advantage. The Ajayi decision was rushed, led to poor return, and didn't properly value that slashing power running component. The Gase sideline look obviously is terrible, especially when it's not always at the sideline.

Something tells me there are rare qualities within Gase. A top tier quarterback who can improvise would flick away most of the flaws in his designs.

But if a new version of Joe Thomas doesn't agree and wants to move on from Gase, that is fine also.

The problem is the first part...finding that new Joe Thomas and whether or not Stephen Ross is able to recognize an elite football mind, as opposed to someone who might impress him using hiring criteria from Ross' business background.

I’m glad that TBum is going to be gone. I hope that he ends up with a team that we all hate so that he can destroy them internally.

However, TBum isn’t the one calling the plays or preparing our players. This will not impact our performance on the field.

Great post. Right now head coach is not nearly as important as identifying an ultra sharp guy to run the franchise. That's been my argument for a decade or more, that the Dolphins' overriding weakness is mediocre minds hiring fellow mediocre minds and in concert making mediocre decisions. Such a contrast from my youth, when everyone in town was so smug because we could sense that the Dolphins were run by smart people acquiring smart people at every level.

On Monday night the Raiders executed that loose ball recovery on a punt return better than I've ever seen it done, for a 99 yard touchdown. But 50 years earlier a Dolphins rookie at Buffalo was the first one I ever saw who understood the rule and made a kamikaze move to pick up the ball, even though it was alongside his own goal line at almost exactly the same spot the Raiders player picked it up. The announcers were screaming that Dick Anderson made a foolish risky choice. Viewers thought so also. What the heck was he doing risking a fumble at his own goal line? Only later did we learn that Anderson was wiser than us all.

That type of thing defined that Dolphins era. The intentional late safety against the Steelers in 1973, etc.

But recently instead of Dick Anderson types we've had Reshad Jones types. That switch symbolizes the reduction of the franchise as much as anything, IMO. Instead of an ultra sharp team-oriented safety who excelled against the run and pass we've got a self-absorbed type who can't diagnose or cover in a pass oriented era, and who commits bonehead penalties for no reason other than a need to feel like a tough guy during the rare instances he actually shows up before the pass play concludes.

Give me someone in that lead role who will find the Anderson and Scott types, someone who will know what areas to prioritize, like self-motivated players who have always excelled against their peers but recently become devalued, like Jake Scott lingering in the CFL and available in the 7th round. The Seahawks recently have not only had their own priority list regarding traits at each position, but they also want guys who are incredibly self motivated. That team and especially the defense looked on the verge of collapse early this season. Seattle fans on their blogs were in despair, forecasting a season with 5 victories or fewer. Now somehow it's turned around again. No need to tread water for 9 seasons. I'm convinced it's largely due to not only to a truly excellent quarterback in Russell Wilson but also a tendency to make decisions that are a few percent above the norm. That's all it takes. Grind positive.

Everyone is dumping on Mike McCarthy. Results...results...results. Everyone in that thread was screaming results, particularly over the past 4 seasons. Meanwhile that guy won a Super Bowl then followed with a 15-1 season that was second scariest to the 2007 Patriots in terms of matching Miami's unbeaten. McCarthy was hand picked by Ted Thompson even though McCarthy was young and not considered a top tier head coaching prospect at the time.

That is the stuff I prioritize, far beyond recency. I'm not saying I would pursue McCarthy. But there is major likelihood he is undervalued. If all you know is the most recent outcome then you don't know much of anything, because everyone else is fixated on that new outcome as well. And they are just waiting to change their mind again based on tomorrow's version of recency. I don't know how many betting systems I have kept despite mediocrity or failure over the course of 2-3 seasons. Big deal. If they are based on sound logic the results will rebound.

Adam Gase annoys me on several levels. I don't fully respect anyone who doesn't trust the media nor understand how to use it to advantage. The Ajayi decision was rushed, led to poor return, and didn't properly value that slashing power running component. The Gase sideline look obviously is terrible, especially when it's not always at the sideline.

Something tells me there are rare qualities within Gase. A top tier quarterback who can improvise would flick away most of the flaws in his designs.

But if a new version of Joe Thomas doesn't agree and wants to move on from Gase, that is fine also.

The problem is the first part...finding that new Joe Thomas and whether or not Stephen Ross is able to recognize an elite football mind, as opposed to someone who might impress him using hiring criteria from Ross' business background.
Good post. It always starts at the top. There hasn't been a real plan on how to build a winning team. It's all been about plugging a hole here or there instead of building the right foundation. This is why we need a real GM to come from the outside instead of promoting a guy like Grier who's been a part of everything that's been wrong with our team. Get real GM and let him decide who the HC will be and go from there.

First off, i'd prefer Ross nuke the whole thing. With that said.....

Tannenbaum was an abysmal hire from the beginning. He drove the Jets into the ground and no one wanted to touch him with a ten foot pole. He was literally out of the NFL when Ross handed him the keys to the franchise. He always reminded me of those guys that would think and talk big but didn't really have the intention of putting in the grind to make it happen. Once you've met a guy like that, they usually are easy to snuff out; Tannenbaum always came off as a guy like that to me.

I'm not necessarily against Gase coming back but he needs to show some humility and realize that success requires talent as much as it is the system. He needs to stop trying to make Ryan Tannehill happen and identify a QB that is capable of being a superstar. Peyton Manning broke a bunch of records running his offense, so it is possible for his offense to work. If he's going to sit on the bench and look over his play sheet, he needs to hire a real DC to run their own scheme and not a yes man like Matt Burke.

Axed for what?

Gase ran the offense. All of it.

Aside from the OC title, I’d say Loggains was a coffee gofer.

Someone has to answer for the offense's performance (lack). It's certainly not going to be Gase. Loggains was solely hired as a fall boy. That was obvious from cruising altitude.

Loggains got a stop to put on his resume. He was a placeholder until Gase can get one of his buddies to fill the spot.

Firing Loggains helps create the cloud of dust Gase needs to show "change" in the face of failure. Sailing into the new year with the same staff will shift all blame to Gase.

Burke has the same confidence about his "scheme" that Gase does about not having to lobby for his job. Coincidence? I think not.

Gase will sacrifice Loggains first. Change for change's sake.

Gase has some positives and I could see the argument for keeping him.

Grier was an awful candidate when hired and has wasted so many draft picks. He is worthless and needs to go.

I simply believe there are going to be some confused and disappointed villagers carrying their pitchforks back to their homes in a couple of weeks.

There will be blood, but Ross is not going to clear out his house without having confidence he can replace them all with one decision.

If you want a house cleaning, pray to the football gawds that Ross can peel Harbaugh away from the Ravens. It is our ONLY hope for a complete overhaul.

Otherwise, more half measures. TB and RT are the big carcasses in this head hunting expedition. A few token assistants will be thrown in for good measure.

But after the dust clears, Gase will be more powerful than ever and Grier will get more input but ultimately have the same power. Dan will be the new figurehead.

And we get to watch the Etch A Sketch Mad Scientist doodle his way to another campaign.

7-9 next year if we retain Gase. He is a clueless HC evidence by Gase benching himself during a game. I have never seen a HC set on the bench during a game like that. ****ing pathetic!

Can you get through a single posting without using the F word?

Gase's offense is worse than Burke's defense and people want to give Gase another chance :lol:

This x100000

Burke surely has his faults, but this defense had played damn well at many times over the last two years. And during none for that was there a top 20 offense to help

If I had to pick one to keep, it's Burke and it's not even close for me.

But don't get it twisted, I'll take an upgrade on that side of the ball too lol

Back
Top Bottom