Salguero: Dolphins Will Fire Tannenbaum, Keep Gase And Grier | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Salguero: Dolphins Will Fire Tannenbaum, Keep Gase And Grier

In fact it does. It takes into account that Gase consistently takes bottom-of-the-league rosters and has them competitive. He made the playoffs with that travesty of a roster in 2016 and had the 2017 and 2018 rosters in play for the playoffs well into December despite glaring holes all over the place and a backup QB playing most of those games.

The difference is you’re looking at box scores and final standings and basing your decision there while I’m actually looking at what happened in those seasons.

Personally, I think Gase is a good coach and his teams consistently overperforming their talent level supports that. I think it sucks that he keeps being handed these teams with no depth behind the starters and being forced to hire defensive coordinators he didn’t want because it saves the owner a few bucks. But despite those handicaps, he fields competitive teams and he doesn’t lay blame on anyone publicly. But my opinion doesn’t matter, nor does yours. We’ll see what the new VP thinks.
Statistics don't lie.

Look at team rankings. Bottom of the league.

Look at point differential. His first season was OK, with another coach's players. Two years ago -112. This year will end up @-100.

Look at his record against teams over .500.

There is literally no meaningful statistical category that would indicate improvement, or even competence.

Post some numbers, and prove that statement is in error.

Statistics don't lie.

Look at point differential. His first season was OK, with another coach's players. Two years ago -112. This year will end up @-100.

There is literally no meaningful statistical category that would indicate improvement, or even competence.

LOL

Nah, I’m good. I’m at work and can do short posts here and there, but I’m not going to go into a research project to satisfy some angry guy on the Internet, who wouldn’t even change his mind anyways.

I think you’re wrong, you think I’m wrong, neither of our opinions matter. Only the new VP’s does.

I have an excellent clue what’s going on, actually. I’m looking at what’s going on rationally and without emotion. It’s something the rest of you would do well to try.

There are plenty of us that are being "adults" and have rational reason for thinking gase isn't a good head coacH

All your doing is attempting to place yourself above others - which happens naturlly. Just bc you announce something doesn't mean a damn thing my friend

Carry on w/ your opinion w/ out taking shots at others

In fact it does. It takes into account that Gase consistently takes bottom-of-the-league rosters and has them competitive. He made the playoffs with that travesty of a roster in 2016 and had the 2017 and 2018 rosters in play for the playoffs well into December despite glaring holes all over the place and a backup QB playing most of those games.

The difference is you’re looking at box scores and final standings and basing your decision there while I’m actually looking at what happened in those seasons.

Personally, I think Gase is a good coach and his teams consistently overperforming their talent level supports that. I think it sucks that he keeps being handed these teams with no depth behind the starters and being forced to hire defensive coordinators he didn’t want because it saves the owner a few bucks. But despite those handicaps, he fields competitive teams and he doesn’t lay blame on anyone publicly. But my opinion doesn’t matter, nor does yours. We’ll see what the new VP thinks.

I’m not basing my decisions or opinions on box scores and standings. I’m basing my opinions on watching all 48 (including the playoff game) of Gase’s games in charge, attending a few of them, and watching the team get progressively worse.

You mention “bottom-of-the-league” rosters, but Gase is partially responsible for the construction of those rosters.

One other point on Gase supposedly keeping the Dolphins in contention for a playoff spot “well into December” in 2017 and 2018. There are 16 teams in the AFC, and 6 of those teams make the playoffs. Typically, 10-11 of the teams in the AFC will be “in the hunt”, so to speak, in early December. I’m not giving Gase credit for ensuring that the Dolphins aren’t one of the worst teams in the AFC. It’s easy to look at everything in a vacuum, without context. Look more closely - the Bills, Browns, and Jets were starting rookie QBs, the Raiders were tearing it down. Right off the bat, that’s four teams in the AFC that were likely not going to be “in the hunt”. One of those teams, the Browns, has a chance to finish with a better record than the Gase-led Dolphins.

But in the end, the standings and the record don’t tell the story with this team. It is regressing under Gase now. He runs an offense that can’t move the ball, can’t convert on 3rd down, and can’t score points. He has an historically bad defense. He hasn’t been able to improve or make an impact with a number of important younger players on the roster. His choice to make Frank Gore the focal point of the offense in 2018 is highly-questionable.

I could go on, but you get the point (or miss it).

There are plenty of us that are being "adults" and have rational reason for thinking gase isn't a good head coacH

All your doing is attempting to place yourself above others - which happens naturlly. Just bc you announce something doesn't mean a damn thing my friend

Carry on w/ your opinion w/ out taking shots at others

I’m not taking shots at anyone. I’m telling people to get a grip. If you don’t see the large number of posters freaking out, then you’re the one without a clue.

Also, that doesn’t put me above others. I’m no smarter or well-informed than most other posters here. I just have more to say than the posters only whining and crying in every thread. If you interpret that as me taking shots at others, you probably need to take a long hard look at why that is.

So the guy who says posters are acting like “bitter ex-girlfriends” and telling posters to act like “adults” isn’t taking shots. OK.

He’s only trying to be helpful, apparently.

I’m not basing my decisions or opinions on box scores and standings. I’m basing my opinions on watching all 48 (including the playoff game) of Gase’s games in charge, attending a few of them, and watching the team get progressively worse.

You mention “bottom-of-the-league” rosters, but Gase is partially responsible for the construction of those rosters.

One other point on Gase supposedly keeping the Dolphins in contention for a playoff spot “well into December” in 2017 and 2018. There are 16 teams in the AFC, and 6 of those teams make the playoffs. Typically, 10-11 of the teams in the AFC will be “in the hunt”, so to speak, in early December. I’m not giving Gase credit for ensuring that the Dolphins aren’t one of the worst teams in the AFC. It’s easy to look at everything in a vacuum, without context. Look more closely - the Bills, Browns, and Jets were starting rookie QBs, the Raiders were tearing it down. Right off the bat, that’s four teams in the AFC that were likely not going to be “in the hunt”. One of those teams, the Browns, has a chance to finish with a better record than the Gase-led Dolphins.

But in the end, the standings and the record don’t tell the story with this team. It is regressing under Gase now. He runs an offense that can’t move the ball, can’t convert on 3rd down, and can’t score points. He has an historically bad defense. He hasn’t been able to improve or make an impact with a number of important younger players on the roster. His choice to make Frank Gore the focal point of the offense in 2018 is highly-questionable.

I could go on, but you get the point (or miss it).

All of that is fair. I mean, it’s dismissive of the job he’s done, but it’s a fair assessment for the most part. I think you’re ignoring the why and only focusing on the what, but that doesn’t diminish the fact that the results are what they they are.

Your last little quote is telling though. Anyone who disagrees with you doesn’t “get the point” I guess?

I’m not taking shots at anyone. I’m telling people to get a grip. If you don’t see the large number of posters freaking out, then you’re the one without a clue.

Also, that doesn’t put me above others. I’m no smarter or well-informed than most other posters here. I just have more to say than the posters only whining and crying in every thread. If you interpret that as me taking shots at others, you probably need to take a long hard look at why that is.

I haven't read or been involved in 3/4 of this thread, I can just call out some BS when I see it. I'm sure there are some emotional hot takes but that's the nature of a message board

Addressing others off the top by telling everyone to grow up Says more about you than others my friend

Just my .02

All of that is fair. I mean, it’s dismissive of the job he’s done, but it’s a fair assessment for the most part. I think you’re ignoring the why and only focusing on the what, but that doesn’t diminish the fact that the results are what they they are.

Your last little quote is telling though. Anyone who disagrees with you doesn’t “get the point” I guess?

The point I was making is that I’m not focused on boxscores or standings, which is what you projected onto me. Not saying anyone needs to agree with me.

I don't believe the issue is about "half-measures"; to me, the issue is 100% about "timing". Whether or not Gase deserves to be fired now is irrelevant unless you can guarantee that the Dolphins will land a suitable upgrade. So the question becomes: "Which job opening is most attractive for a qualified HC candidate?" Clearly, the Browns, Jets and Packers vacancies are most attractive because those teams have their QB and a better salary cap situation than the Dolphins. Seriously, what qualified HC candidate would want to coach Tannehill or cut him yet not be in a position to draft a top QB prospect?

If Ross is enamored with John Harbaugh then his best course of action is to get rid of Tannenbaum, Tannehill and Burke now and get rid of Gase and Grier next year should they underachieve in 2019.

So the guy who says posters are acting like “bitter ex-girlfriends” and telling posters to act like “adults” isn’t taking shots. OK.

He’s only trying to be helpful, apparently.

LOL

I forgot I said that. That’s fair. But my point is fair too. People need to get their head on straight and stop spamming every thread with their freak outs.

I haven't read or been involved in 3/4 of this thread, I can just call out some BS when I see it. I'm sure there are some emotional hot takes but that's the nature of a message board

Addressing others off the top by telling everyone to grow up Says more about you than others my friend

Just my .02

If that’s the case, I’m not referring you when I say that. People can disagree and have different opinions. We’re missing the playoffs for the second year in a row, so there’s obviously an issue. The point is we can be adults and have constructive conversation about it, or we can have mini-freak outs in every thread and make this amazing forum unreadable.

Reactions: A1.
Statistics don't lie.

Gase has had 3 pretty terrible teams all with glaring holes, back up QB play and decimated by injuries and has for the most part had them in it at the end of the season. Stats won't tell you that.

My big concern is the constant tweaking of the leadership and never a full reboot. Now they have to go get a VP of football operations to oversee a basically in place staff? With a coach he hasn’t selected?

And if the franchise moves on from RT, Gase now is three years in and searching for his leader on the field? Which might not come for two more years? Then development of said field leader?

It’s the typical Ross shuffling of the deck with partial “fixes”. I am not sure why he continues in this manner but it has not gotten us off the dime since he began this method or since he bought the team.

Back
Top Bottom