Salguero: Dolphins Will Fire Tannenbaum, Keep Gase And Grier | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Salguero: Dolphins Will Fire Tannenbaum, Keep Gase And Grier

I don’t think it’s wait-and-see as much as it is letting the new VP come in and make his own judgements on what’s going on. It seems like a smart approach to me, regardless of your feelings on the rest of the staff.

That's a hierarchical view. We are talking qualitatively here, what should be done. We understand someone will have to make the decision. Gase will not fire himself.

Holding coaches accountable and using them as professional equity are two totally different behaviors that appear the same on the surface.

I've been around savvy old school businessmen my entire career. A true master of manipulation always has political collateral stashed around them for rainy days.

And one thing is always respected in business, the ability to shed problems, avoid blame and provide answers is respected by owners. Even if they know the real problem, they will respect the ruthless nature of another individual's will to succeed at any cost. It's human nature to marvel in the presence of survival.

If a manager can shield an owner from having to get in the weeds, they will keep their jobs regardless of who they sacrifice. As long as they keep offering answers and provide for the business to continue moving forward, that manager will survive for a very long time.

I can see from afar, Gase is such a manager. His ego is such he doesn't believe he has to explain himself to anyone, but Ross. Gase is wearing a suit of armor right now. If he likes a coach, that coach is staying.

Is that you Mr Ross?

It's a good thing you are not trying to make a statistical case, because there is none to be made.

Many here still support Gase, but whenever I ask what, specifically, he does well, it's crickets for the most part.

Some will say His guys don't give up. OK, that's a positive, but if that's the best you can do, its not enough IMO.

Some will say "but who else". Flawed logic if you want to be a perennial contender IMO.

I think he designs plays well.

For the most part, I think he's young and deserves more slack than Philbin or some of our previous tenured coaches.

We've been a .500 team long before Gase came to town. Maybe the constant wash cycle at HC isn't the answer?

For the most part, I think he's young and deserves more slack than Philbin or some of our previous tenured coaches.

We've been a .500 team long before Gase came to town. Maybe the constant wash cycle at HC isn't the answer?

If he had success anywhere to be found i... may...agree
Nothing he does is impressive

I have an excellent clue what’s going on, actually. I’m looking at what’s going on rationally and without emotion. It’s something the rest of you would do well to try.

Does your rational approach actually examine past results?

I would say that Gase is the problem more so than Tannenbaum. The line on Gase finishing out next season is he is retained will probably be around -110.

Disagree....I'm not a Gase Cultist either, but Tannenfraud was a horrible hire from the start, and showed how clueless he really is. Tannenfraud had just been fired for incompetence for screwing up the Jets so much they still haven't recovered. Mark Sanchez & Gholsten are several of his beauties.

But calling Ross a good owner, NO, Is he rich ? Yes but you'd think that after 11 seasons of ownership he'd have learned something,

Look I look at the Dolphins in the terms of a restaurant......if a restaurant continuously produces mediocre, and bland unexciting food...do you continue to frequent that restaurant ?

I totally agree a solid franchise requires consistency. Up until the latter parts of this season, I thought Gase had a chance to work out. I don't feel that way anymore. If it we only one or two correctable issues, that's one thing. I believe we are way past that point.

Keeping the wrong guy for the sake of consistency is no good either.

If he had success anywhere to be found i... may...agree
Nothing he does is impressive

He maybe a very good Ross a** kisser (still to be seen). But I'm also still trying to reflect on what good he brings to the table.... Did I say "Good" ? at the present time I would even be open to, how about, just acceptable...
Thats why this whole complicated decision making is so bazaar... I mean 4+ brain cells and you see the inadequacy and lack of talent and just forget insight for to many of the jobs ( Gase's people)..and the fact that there are even this many positions to fairly criticize is another huge fact starring people in the eyes.
QB guru gets Cutler, Osweiler, and RT for what 3 years maybe 4 with little to no insight for a future...

Its Unbelievable and if it wasn't happen right in our faces would be hard to believe...for most of us

Gase did make it to the playoffs...with someone else's team! when allowed to cut and paste, he screwed this team up. with all the players he cut we'd be better. without all the crappy FAs he brought in we'd be better. without his 53 control we'd be better. without his coaching staff decisions we'd be better.

do
I want a brutal competitor as VP/GM? aw hell yes. but if he's gotta keep Adam Headknocker and his 17ppm.. I'll say nah to that ish

Disagree....I'm not a Gase Cultist either, but Tannenfraud was a horrible hire from the start, and showed how clueless he really is. Tannenfraud had just been fired for incompetence for screwing up the Jets so much they still haven't recovered. Mark Sanchez & Gholsten are several of his beauties.

But calling Ross a good owner, NO, Is he rich ? Yes but you'd think that after 11 seasons of ownership he'd have learned something,

Look I look at the Dolphins in the terms of a restaurant......if a restaurant continuously produces mediocre, and bland unexciting food...do you continue to frequent that restaurant ?
Hardly the same.

In this case it is the only "restaurant" for hundreds of miles, and it has been your favorite for decades.

Shame on all of them for tarnishing the Miracle in Miami. I can’t even watch it without focusing on the miserable failures of the last two games. Shame!

Does your rational approach actually examine past results?

In fact it does. It takes into account that Gase consistently takes bottom-of-the-league rosters and has them competitive. He made the playoffs with that travesty of a roster in 2016 and had the 2017 and 2018 rosters in play for the playoffs well into December despite glaring holes all over the place and a backup QB playing most of those games.

The difference is you’re looking at box scores and final standings and basing your decision there while I’m actually looking at what happened in those seasons.

Personally, I think Gase is a good coach and his teams consistently overperforming their talent level supports that. I think it sucks that he keeps being handed these teams with no depth behind the starters and being forced to hire defensive coordinators he didn’t want because it saves the owner a few bucks. But despite those handicaps, he fields competitive teams and he doesn’t lay blame on anyone publicly. But my opinion doesn’t matter, nor does yours. We’ll see what the new VP thinks.

This could mean that Miami will not trade for John Haubaugh and will wait until he becomes available after the 2019 season. Let the new man in charge, evaluate and move on after the season next year. If he chooses to do so. Tannenbaum failed once again and let's all be happy, he's finally going to be let go. Dawn Aponte ran circles around Tannenbaum with how she handled the cap, compared to him. I want Gase gone, just as much as all of you, but understand for whatever reason Ross goes sticks with him, for next year.

Regardless of Gase, I would be super disappointed if Grier actually does keep his job. We need sweeping changes and at the very most we keep Gase but get a real DC, a real OC, and a new GM and head of front office. This is weak if true.

edit: just saw a JUICY tidbit of insider info in the VIP section - a lot happier about the situation... will refrain from adding any more - just pay for VIP, it's worth it for the Chamber files.

Back
Top Bottom