Salguero: Dolphins Will Fire Tannenbaum, Keep Gase And Grier | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Salguero: Dolphins Will Fire Tannenbaum, Keep Gase And Grier

This is why the "you're not a real fan" people annoy me. This is exactly why I was rooting for losses weeks ago:

They're just all in all incredibly stupid people who can't see past a day in the future. They somehow enjoy short term success regardless of the implication it leads to prolonging this purgatory of
mediocrity. I genuinely believe if you're not rooting for a spanking this Sunday at Bufffalo you're less of a fan for it. I guess they're excuse is "LETS GET A WIN TO END THE SEASON ON A POSITIVE NOTE! GO DOLPHINS! LETS GO OUT THERE AND GET AN EVEN WORSE DRAFT PICK AND HELP EXTEND A LIMP DICK COACH'S CAREER AND PROLONG THE REIGN OF OUR EVER SO MEDIOCRE QB!"

Last edited:
Why in the hell was Gase given so much power when he was hired in the first place? He was an unknown first time head coach that didn’t deserve to have that much power. I don’t think Matt Nagy, Sean McVay, Frank Reich, and Doug Peterson have that much power on their teams. But I guess the biggest difference with those teams is they have much better front offices and GM’s. Chris Grier isn’t a good GM and Ross is a fricken idiot! I don’t want Gase back at all but if Ross brings him back, he better strip him of his power, make him fire Burke and hire a real DC, and make him give up the playcalling on offense because he sucks at it.

Last edited:
If Gase remains (if true), will he be making the play calls in 2019? What are the chances of that??

It’s a difficult question but as Ross is unlikely to accept anyone removing Gase or Grier, that person likely won’t wield a ton of power and certainly not more than Gase who has contractual control of the 53 man roster and reports exclusively to Ross.

Read more here: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/...-salguero/article223556745.html#storylink=cpy

If this is true Ross is a damn moron and hasn’t learned a THING in a decade of owning the team. ANOTHER half measure? Hamstringing the next head of football ops with people he might not like in the role?

You need a clean reset you dolt! This hokey pokey garbage does nothing but waster everyone’s time!

Now watch John Harbaugh go to the Jets and haunt us for 2 decades... stupid Ross.

Keeping Gase would just validate him and his mediocre coaching. Sure, we had injuries, but not every starter was injured. Where was their growth? Has anyone really emerged? I see slight improvement from Bellage, and Jalen Davis made a couple of plays last week. Other than that, has anyone really stepped up their game? This is on Gase and his staff. I didn't see enough improvement as a team to justify his return.

Guys need to relax, what’s probably going to happen is the guy who replaces MT will decide the fates of Grier and Gase next year will be a show me why I should keep you year for both

Cutting the head off the snake to leave the body to die........ here’s hoping to a 1-15 season.

Guys need to relax, what’s probably going to happen is the guy who replaces MT will decide the fates of Grier and Gase next year will be a show me why I should keep you year for both

There is a lot at stake. Every year is a prove it year for a coach, so why wait? It just sets us back a year. Ross's plan is flawed. As long as he is protecting Gase and Grier, nobody worth a dang is going to want to come because they don't have total control.

7-9 next year if we retain Gase. He is a clueless HC evidence by Gase benching himself during a game. I have never seen a HC set on the bench during a game like that. ****ing pathetic!

That is what likely happens.

For all the emotional reactions, mine included, an incoming GM wouldn't realistically have time to put together a scouting department, do an exhaustive coaching search (including position coaches, and staff), and other meaningful things all before the draft, and the start of next season.

If you bring in a GM, you can't expect miracles in 6 months, unless he already has everything lined up in advance.

Not a likely scenario.

Maybe we get lucky, and when the new GM tells Gase "my way, or the highway", he just resigns.

Last edited:
well get read for yr 8 w thill17. if Gase is head coach. he is not rolling w rookie qb. if his career or job is on line next yr.

As I said in the “sweeping changes” thread, Ross will get rid of one person from the front office and keep the others for 2019. Vince Lombardi could come back from the dead, and come to coach the Dolphins and Ross would still force him to work for a dolt like Tbaum, or anyone else. He’s that clueless. Really hope this is an inaccurate report.

I won't be surprised or disappointed. Ross seemed to have a conviction about Gase a few years ago. Results shouldn't be enough to dent a conviction. I realize that won't be popular and it will sound ridiculous to some. But I don't like evaluating week to week and frequently changing opinion, as opposed to a calm big picture focus. If Ross believes his trust in Gase is for sound wide scope reasons, it makes more sense to keep him and make changes elsewhere.

IMO, the faith in Tannehill was never backed by sound reasoning. I hope Ross has come around to the same conclusion and can relay it to Gase.

Tannenbaum was a Tannehill-caliber addition. Both need to go.
What? Results don't matter? What is this ephemeral scope you talk about? I don't understand, are you saying that Ross is purposely screwing the franchise in the hope that Gase becomes the coach he always thought he would be? If that is your point it is a flawed conclusion in so many ways. The "Big Picture" is that Ross hasn't got a clue to what he is doing.

Back
Top Bottom