Salguero: Dolphins Will Fire Tannenbaum, Keep Gase And Grier | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Salguero: Dolphins Will Fire Tannenbaum, Keep Gase And Grier

grier is responsible for some of the worst drafting in nfl history,so he stays LOL
parker phillips gesecki etc. he must be doing something right. welcome to the clown show.

i predicted it. and tannenbaum will probably be made a 'consultant'.

Removing Mike T is only part of the problem. I’ll give Gase and Grier another year but Burke and Tannehill need to go as well. Hire an experienced DC and bring in a QB on a 2 year contract. Several available to bridge the gap that are better options than 17. Those simple moves get you through 2019 with an improved team. If the mediocrity continues then move on from Gase.

Absoultely agree with Armando that Gase has far to much control. Ross needs to reign him in.

Firing Tannenbaum and keeping Gase *IS* a half-measure. I do wonder if Ross isn’t saying a word about Gase until finding out for certain what’s going on with John Harbaugh.
Rumors are that John won’t sign an extension effectively becoming a free agent after next season.

That is what likely happens.

For all the emotional reactions, mine included, an incoming GM wouldn't realistically have time to put together a scouting department, do an exhaustive coaching search (including position coaches, and staff), and other meaningful things all before the draft, and the start of next season.

If you bring in a GM, you can't expect miracles in 6 months, unless he already has everything lined up in advance.

Not a likely scenario.

Maybe we get lucky, and when the new GM tells Gase "my way, or the highway", he just resigns.

LoL i wouldnt bet on it.

Firing Tannenbaum and keeping Gase *IS* a half-measure. I do wonder if Ross isn’t saying a word about Gase until finding out for certain what’s going on with John Harbaugh.
I would agree, that it's half a$$ed. Maybe Ross doesn't have the nads, and will let a new GM do his bidding. The choice of coaches should be the GMs decision IMO.

Long overdue to be sure. Why T-Baum was brought in at all still blows my mind. Regardless of the power structure, he did massive amounts of harm to this organization by running out Dawn Aponte and then giving out a series of terrible contracts and compounding them with terrible restructures.

You all see this as a half-measure, but I see it as someone putting the bug in Ross’ ear about where the problem lies. I think he’s already doomed Grier and Gase because these bad contracts live on for the next several seasons and will hamper their ability to adjust the roster like they’d want, but it gives them a fighting chance at least.

Rumors are that John won’t sign an extension effectively becoming a free agent after next season.

I get that. My point is that Baltimore and Harbaugh probably aren’t going to have a conversation yet about “what sort of compensation would it require for Harbaugh to jump ship now” AND “Hey, John, wanna coach the Dolphins?”

Just read this tweet..... if true says it all about Ross...his moves are PR moves
Love Marino but having him “ run” things really doesnt make me feel its cleaning house....

Matthew Cannata
@CannataNFL

Ross likes Grier and he likes Gase. That’s why
@davehydesports
mentioned in his article that Dan Marino may be put into VP of Football Operations role. Doing that allows a big PR win, builds hope, and allows him to keep Grier and Gase.

I would agree, that it's half a$$ed. Maybe Ross doesn't have the nads, and will let a new GM do his bidding. The choice of coaches should be the GMs decision IMO.

This has also crossed my mind.

Just read this tweet..... if true says it all about Ross...his moves are PR moves
Love Marino but having him “ run” things really doesnt make me feel its cleaning house....

Matthew Cannata
@CannataNFL

@davehydesports
mentioned in his article that Dan Marino may be put into VP of Football Operations role. Doing that allows a big PR win, builds hope, and allows him to keep Grier and Gase.

so much is obvious that ross loves gase. they both talk the bureaucratic lingo. maybe marino can teach both how to putt during the lunch hour.
(maybe have Marino sidekick Joe Rose as assistant GM LOL)
is this is true we are f ed for the duration.

Matthew Cannata
@CannataNFL

@davehydesports

Ross liked Tannenbaum and Peterson too. PR wins don’t win football games and I’m not sure how this is building hope.

Since he’s been here Ross has only made bad decisions. History is always a great indicator and looking at ross’ I will always assume if an important decision is to be made, it’ll be the wrong one

I don’t think Marino has been hanging around the team so much - including going to scouting activities- to just sit there.

He probably is line to get something, will it work, No idea.

I don’t think Marino has been hanging around the team so much - including going to scouting activities- to just sit there.

He probably is line to get something, will it work, No idea.
Would agree with this.....seems to have stepped up his visibility, gotta be a reason for that.

Back
Top Bottom