Salguero: Dolphins Will Fire Tannenbaum, Keep Gase And Grier | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Salguero: Dolphins Will Fire Tannenbaum, Keep Gase And Grier

Thank god. Fire Tannebaum and everything else can change or stay the same, good enough for me either way

If Mando's speculation is correct, This would be the worst possible outcome, and the Dolphins will continue to trout out the product they have the last 15 years or so and counting.

If this is truly the case it's the same type of fuzzy thinking that prompted Gase to push all his chips in with Tannehill, only for him to have two stinkers back to back with the season on the line.

No QB will be drafted, at least not one to threaten Tannehill. We'll be 9-7, 10-6...bounced unceremoniously in the wildcard. At that point Tannehill and Gase supporters will look at the world and say, "I told you so," when in fact I told YOU so.

The Wildcard game will become our Super Bowl.

3 years is more than enough time to evaluate if Gase is qualified to be a head coach or not and he has proven that he is fraud. He was brought in because Ross thought he was some offensive guru and he is anything but that. I never liked the hire from the get go because he rode Peyton Manning's coattails in Denver and was a terrible OC with the Bears for that one season before coming to Miami. He also shouldn't have gotten this much power in personnel decisions when he was hired. He didn't do anything to earn it being a first time head coach.

I agree but it doesn’t matter. It’s not how you do business.

If true.... I ask WHY???

Mr. Ross.... What has Adam Gase done to justify keeping his job for even one more season? His teams are going the opposite direction of good. Standings and statistics state this fact nicely.

What has Chris Grier done to make this team better? Except for two first round picks that fell in his lap.... What has he done in the draft?? His free agents have been bad to horrible. Albert Wilson the only exception.

You don't have a QB.... Your Defense is the worst in the league. Your offense isn't far behind.

So, again I ask...... WHY???

Fire all 3..... Start over and rebuild. It's gonna be ugly. We're going to lose a lot of games. But... Keeping 2 of the 3 or even 1 of the 3 makes no sense to me at all.

Bring in a GREAT talent evaluator. A GREAT football guy. Then, get out of his way. Let him run everything.

Just my 2 cents.

I dont think its the worst idea. Gives him a chance to draft his qb.

Tbaum being gone is always a plus.

Does teddy b bridge the gap? Probably.
I hope not. He will more, contractually, than I'm want to spend for a "bridge".

Why is that? What has he done to deserve to stay? His brilliant offensive mind and play calling? LOL That's a joke!

I think he needs to improve his willingness to adapt and change. I also think he needs to bring in more competence in his staff versus companionship.

But we've dealt with shitty injuries to our starting QB, offensive lineman, and WRs throughout his entire tenure. There's a lot of negative to point to, I get it, but I just like the guy. I'm not going to try and build a statistical case for him, I just think he can scheme and be a good coach in the NFL.

I dont like gase being in control of buying all the groceries. He has trouble handling his existing personnel and understanding their strengths and weaknesses fix that first.

And dump the guys that cant play. Like your 2018 top 50 pick fail

This is exactly what I want! TBomb out and retain Gase. Ross should give complete faith and confidence in him to run the organization the way he seems fit. If he has to carry out the mission then give him complete control over building and planning it. This is a business and they need one leader. Model your management philosophy off the Patriots and build a dynasty through one leader. Gase may not be the right guy, but you never truly know until given this opportunity. If he fails then clean house and rebuild; but stick with this style of management. I couldn’t stand Gase’s playcalling this year, but his personnel was a bigger issue and I can’t confidently say that was or wasn’t his fault. If Gase can truly get his guys then whether he succeeds or fails it’s all on him. No one can blame anyone else but him.

" If He Fails Then "....

Gase running the organization...........Oh stop it..... do you even watch this team.

Only way you want this ding-a-ling coming back AND running the show LMAO that would make any kind of sense, is if you are a fan of another team...

Damn what has Gase done of anything thats makes one think he's even average and worth keeping ....

Grier ? can accept a shot but think a real GM of talent needed to give this organization a direction away from this present insanity direction....

Last edited:
Mmhmm. The 49ers fired Harbaugh, fired tomasula after a year, fired chip jelly after a year and still landed Kyle Shanahan. This false narrative needs to stop.

And they still suck. The only reason they got Shanahon was SF was his dream job.

Back
Top Bottom