Salguero: Miami has offered a THIRD round pick for Orton. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Salguero: Miami has offered a THIRD round pick for Orton.

This is a nightmare. Don't they realize how Dolphin fans have been through this so many times before.

This trading picks for mediocre QB's just doesn't work.

I hate this FO. Ross should have fired Ireland and his whole staff.

Dolphins need new leadership something fierce.

This is a nightmare. Don't they realize how Dolphin fans have been through this so many times before.

This trading picks for mediocre QB's just doesn't work.

I hate this FO. Ross should have fired Ireland and his whole staff.

Dolphins need new leadership something fierce.

What is your plan? I am not flaming you or attacking you. I just want to know who you would go after at QB?

Why? So we can save sparano's *** for another year, and linger in mediocrity forever?

Tell 'em to pound pavement Denver...

...and somebody take Ireland's phone away from him before he follows that up by offering a 2nd rounder for Kevin Kolb..

I have a feeling Denver is waiting to see what Arizona will do before pulling the trigger on any deal.

He is a backup quarterback and we are giving a 3rd. This is Jay Feeley all over again. 5th is backup QB compensation 4th is generous a 3rd is Desperate. I rather sign VY without dealing picks, dude makes your team better.

What is your plan? I am not flaming you or attacking you. I just want to know who you would go after at QB?

If it were me id wait out the situation with orton i dont see them paying him 9 million to backup Tebow. IF they do keep him i bring in Jake Delhomme or maybe even Vince young after he is cut. I do not give up anymore 2nd or 3rd draft picks for Quarterbacks that at their best are above average in the nfl. Weve all seen this story before and know how it ends.

He is a backup quarterback and we are giving a 3rd. This is Jay Feeley all over again. 5th is backup QB compensation 4th is generous a 3rd is Desperate. I rather sign VY without dealing picks, dude makes your team better.

Yeah he is not a back up. Come on man really? AJ Feeley? You call him a back up, but Vince Young ( flippen nut job) is the answer.

---------- Post added at 01:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:28 AM ----------

I have a feeling Denver is waiting to see what Arizona will do before pulling the trigger on any deal.

Yup

This is a good move assuming the contract is within reason. We're certainly not getting a bargain, but I would rather make this move than no move at all.

You absolutely have to wait this out and offer less and less if you're Miami!!!
To go from a 4th to 3rd as what's rumored is terrible GM poker!! (If true)

I can see how the media has marked VY but the truth is dude is a he'll of a player. He has the best winning record and QB rating of all available QB's and is a difference maker. I don't particularly want him but he is a hell

i luv the experts on here.

A third is fine. I would have gone crazy giving up another 2nd. A 3rd rounder is so easy to get back and people forget one fact this year. The offseason is in a completely diff mode this year thanks to lawyers and unions.

You cannot wait or you can shoot yourself. You would be playing with fire should you wait. We put in an offer so they say. That is good. 3rd rounder is fine.

Tell 'em to pound pavement Denver...

...and somebody take Ireland's phone away from him before he follows that up by offering a 2nd rounder for Kevin Kolb..

I hope Denver is that dumb. But somehow I doubt it. Getting a mid round pick for a guy you've already decided you have to get rid of is a godsend. If (meaning: when) they pull off the trade they'll be laughing and high fiving each other.

Back
Top Bottom