Salguero: Miami has offered a THIRD round pick for Orton. | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Salguero: Miami has offered a THIRD round pick for Orton.

Please let our third round pick be the highest we go! He's not worth that, imo, but we could do worse. I don't like the 9mil for a year price tag much either. Hope he signs a 2 or 3 year deal for some reasonable money.

Yep, Orton is crap....however Henne is PURE CRAP. I don't really like either one of them, so pick your poison as 3rd pick is too high 4th or 5th is better :-)

another guy that quotes stats and doesn't watch games...thank you for your input

I've watched Orton plenty, thanks. And he's definitely no worse than Pennington was in 2008. All Pennington did was throw 5-10 yard passes.

I don't usually feel the need to post but this one has me a little disturbed. It seems to me that most people who hate the idea of Orton coming to Miami are also the people that would like to see us tank this entire year to draft Andrew Luck.

I'm not saying that that Orton will guarantee us the playoffs, but it will definitely improve the team, which is what any fan in my opinion should always want. If you went 15-1 last year, you would want to be 16-0 the next. If you went 7-9, you would want to improve. That is what the top franchises in the league do year in and year out. Frankly, people on the suck for Luck bandwagon disgust me, not because I don't want Luck, but simply because I will never wish for my favorite team to lose games.

Comparing Orton to Pennington as a game manager may be accurate, but athletically Orton's arm is stronger, and that along with drafting Gates would finally allow us to stretch the field vertically. He is familiar with Marshall as well, and if we could also sign Bradshaw, he alongside Daniel Thomas starts to make the offense look very potent indeed. Our defense is playoff ready and if we acquire Orton and Bradshaw, the offense would be as well.

Just my two cents.

I am so surprised to read this board being so divided with Orton.

I have been a big supporter of Henne since came on board but he did take a step back last season, whether that's due to the oc/coaching or whatnot. However, having competition is never a bad thing. I don't know how to feel yet about Orton. I do know the facts from what I have seen so far, which are, he displayed good chemistry with Marshall. He has shown to be a game manager but, HELLO, didn't we see a game manager ride his team back to the AFC championship game? We just need good consistency at the QB position and if Orton brings that then I am all for it.

I just want something to happen soon. The RB position hopefully gets upgraded soon too. I've been watching Sports Center all damn day..lol.

Dude, I completely agree with every point you just made. I personally would love for Henne to step up and take the reins. Throw for 20 TDs and 10 INTs. Maybe 3,750 yards! That would be freaking incredible.

You guys -- MARK FREAKING SANCHEZ has made it to BACK TO BACK AFC Championship games!

MARK SANCHEZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Give me Orton for a third round draft pick. Let the best man win in camp. This is not A.J. FEELEY!

I've watched Orton plenty, thanks. And he's definitely no worse than Pennington was in 2008. All Pennington did was throw 5-10 yard passes.

using penny as the basis for why you want to bring in orton does nothing for me...i knew along time ago penny was the guy to get us to mid level not the guy to get us over the hump...well before his arm fell off for a 3rd time...just like i know kyle orton isn't good enough now and the bears and broncs have also figured out...

let me know the qb in his prime like orton is now who was "near pro bowl level" who was traded for a 3rd round pick compensation??? his trade value should tell you what the league thinks of kyle orton...and its not near pro bowl level...not with a 3rd round pick return

I don't usually feel the need to post but this one has me a little disturbed. It seems to me that most people who hate the idea of Orton coming to Miami are also the people that would like to see us tank this entire year to draft Andrew Luck.

I'm not saying that that Orton will guarantee us the playoffs, but it will definitely improve the team, which is what any fan in my opinion should always want. If you went 15-1 last year, you would want to be 16-0 the next. If you went 7-9, you would want to improve. That is what the top franchises in the league do year in and year out. Frankly, people on the suck for Luck bandwagon disgust me, not because I don't want Luck, but simply because I will never wish for my favorite team to lose games.

Comparing Orton to Pennington as a game manager may be accurate, but athletically Orton's arm is stronger, and that along with drafting Gates would finally allow us to stretch the field vertically. He is familiar with Marshall as well, and if we could also sign Bradshaw, he alongside Daniel Thomas starts to make the offense look very potent indeed. Our defense is playoff ready and if we acquire Orton and Bradshaw, the offense would be as well.

Just my two cents.

I vote to tank the year, draft Luck and fire Sparano & Ireland. Would that be such a bad scenario?

do tell me what my agenda is??? i'm all ears...if its making the miami dolphins into a perennial contender no matter what it takes...then yeah i do

He doesn't have to, because I will. You're an internet troll posing as a Dolphins fan. Everything from your Penny sig to the line underneath, along with your constant negativity, are designed to provoke the greatest possible negative reaction. If you're even a football fan at all, please do us a favor and go cheer on the Destroyers.

If the Dolphins can acquire Orton, they are easily at least a 10 win team and will likely be in the playoffs. Book it.

He would also instantly become the second best quarterback in the AFC East.

You would think that would be so obvious, but yet some on just don't get it.

Just my two cents.

Well said, you should post more often!

before den drafted tebow they came out and said that they were going to draft a qb. they knew before they got tebow that orton wasnt the guy to lead there team. hell fox came in and said it was going to be a 3 man comp to find out who was going to start. the only reason den doesnt keep orton as a back up is because of the money. orton would be a great back up for den or any other team.

the problem is that many on here dont want to give up a draft pick for a guy who keeps getting benched for other guys. for all the hype that surrounding orton right now, he is still a guy who has been dumped or benched in favor of guys like tebow, grossman and cutler. and whats really scary is that a guy like mcdaniels who has coached good qbs, didnt want him.

I will say that Daboll's offense is not much different from McDaniels has they both were tutored by Charlie Weis in New England. Orton looked pretty decent in McDaniel's offense so he could work in Daboll's.

Plus, as I've said all offseason, as long as Sparano finds a QB and TRUSTS THE QB to win, I'm fine with it. The fact the staff didn't trust Henne last year and played for FGs cost us quite a few games, I don't care if Jeff Ireland called hooshoops up and told him he was our starting QB as long as they trusted him to win games.

He doesn't have to, because I will. You're an internet troll posing as a Dolphins fan. Everything from your Penny sig to the line underneath, along with your constant negativity, are designed to provoke the greatest possible negative reaction. If you're even a football fan at all, please do us a favor and go cheer on the Destroyers.

i do whatever i want first off... i'm a dolphins fan...always will be...but i don't just sop up everything these guys do like a puppet on a string...i know better....i don't care how much you do or don't like hearing from me

where do you clowns get off telling me what i should do...unreal

I will say that Daboll's offense is not much different from McDaniels has they both were tutored by Charlie Weis in New England. Orton looked pretty decent in McDaniel's offense so he could work in Daboll's.

Plus, as I've said all offseason, as long as Sparano finds a QB and TRUSTS THE QB to win, I'm fine with it. The fact the staff didn't trust Henne last year and played for FGs cost us quite a few games, I don't care if Jeff Ireland called hooshoops up and told him he was our starting QB as long as they trusted him to win games.

whats the point of putting my name in there ha ha...

Back
Top Bottom