Salguero: Miami has offered a THIRD round pick for Orton. | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Salguero: Miami has offered a THIRD round pick for Orton.

conditional nothing...thats what you do

Hoops! I love constructively arguing with you. I want to honestly know, since we know Carson Palmer ain't happening, who you believe is the best to either A) Push Henne this year, or B) Supplant Henne and provide us with fewer INTs, more TDs, and more yards in the air.

Re-sign Penny? I call BS. He is out for the year, but you may not realize that.

If he is the same QB Penny is -- I'll take a trip to the playoffs for a third rounder. We are a little better set at receiver than Teddy Ginn being our #1, and our defense is lightyears ahead of that squad. So gimme that shot in the playoffs, please.

Man you must have some rose colored goggles on if you think Ortons going to take any team into the playoffs, you all talk about stats why dont you bring the stats up of someone like vince young who'd probably come cheaper WITHOUT any draft picks, or Hasselbeck whos actually led a team to the SB.

This is a nightmare. Don't they realize how Dolphin fans have been through this so many times before.

This trading picks for mediocre QB's just doesn't work.

I hate this FO. Ross should have fired Ireland and his whole staff.

Dolphins need new leadership something fierce.

20 TD 7 INT is light years ahead of Daunte Culpepper, AJ Feeley, Jay Fiedler, John Beck, Tyler Thigpen and Chad Henne. Trying to say that they are all the same because none of them are Dan Marino is completely ludicrous. The world is shades of gray, not black and white. No matter how much you want to make it that way.

i'm not fooled by you nubs...i'll just leave it at that...anyways saying 10 wins is a lock with kyle orton and "book it" is opinion not truth or fact...and flawed opinion at that but you'll see in time
I am not fooled by you, I know you have an agenda.

and you know i'll be here to make sure you know about it
we will see......

i say take a chance with vince because orton cant take us far.

If the Dolphins can acquire Orton, they are easily at least a 10 win team and will likely be in the playoffs. Book it.

He would also instantly become the second best quarterback in the AFC East.

I'd like to say that I agree with this and say it in the light that I said we would go 8-8 the past 2 years.

What have we spent 3rd rounders on? John Jerry..... Patrick Turner..... Pat White (Oh no that was a 2nd)....Orton could be a decent upgrade and at a minimum top competition for Henne. Seems worth it to me.

I am not fooled by you, I know you have an agenda.

we will see......

do tell me what my agenda is??? i'm all ears...if its making the miami dolphins into a perennial contender no matter what it takes...then yeah i do

Man you must have some rose colored goggles on if you think Ortons going to take any team into the playoffs, you all talk about stats why dont you bring the stats up of someone like vince young who'd probably come cheaper WITHOUT any draft picks, or Hasselbeck whos actually led a team to the SB.

Look, I've beaten the Vince Young drum before, too bro. I would not hate if they brought him in, because you are absolutely right.

The problem is that Vince Young is not a respected leader. After all the crap he has been through -- do you think he comes into this locker room with a month to prepare, and command respect from our team? If the coaching staff shared your sentiment, hell if any coaching staff did, he would be the starter on (X) team. I hope he gets it together, and if he comes here and the coaching staff thinks he can get it done, great.

near pro bowl my ***...

Orton had 20 TD and 9 INT last year. Those numbers are eerily similar to Pennington's, which he came 2nd in MVP voting. I used to expect people here to actually know the facts before they judge, but now I've just given up

I am so surprised to read this board being so divided with Orton.

I have been a big supporter of Henne since came on board but he did take a step back last season, whether that's due to the oc/coaching or whatnot. However, having competition is never a bad thing. I don't know how to feel yet about Orton. I do know the facts from what I have seen so far, which are, he displayed good chemistry with Marshall. He has shown to be a game manager but, HELLO, didn't we see a game manager ride his team back to the AFC championship game? We just need good consistency at the QB position and if Orton brings that then I am all for it.

I just want something to happen soon. The RB position hopefully gets upgraded soon too. I've been watching Sports Center all damn day..lol.

3rd round pick seems perfect to me... I actually really liked Orton back in 05 when he came out.... In the 2005 draft Orton was available when we selected in the 4th round, we took Ronnie Brown in the first, Channing Crowder in the 3rd, and Travis Daniels in the 4th.... It now looks like Ronnie is gone, 80% of fans want Crowder gone, and Travis Daniels I have no idea about him anymore..... I just can't see how anyone can argue that a 3rd rounder for Orton is a bad deal considering that Orton has accomplished more in the league to date then Kevin Kolb who is going to fetch a starter and a 2nd round pick.

Screw that resign Penny if all you want is a younger version of penny.

Yes guys, let's resign Pennington after he seriously injured himself playing basketball and signed a contract to be an announcer. What could go wrong?

Orton had 20 TD and 9 INT last year. Those numbers are eerily similar to Pennington's, which he came 2nd in MVP voting. I used to expect people here to actually know the facts before they judge, but now I've just given up

another guy that quotes stats and doesn't watch games...thank you for your input

Back
Top Bottom