Salguero: Miami has offered a THIRD round pick for Orton. | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Salguero: Miami has offered a THIRD round pick for Orton.

Please tell me how what I said is not accurate. Truth is you can't, anything you say is likely just a negative spin. So spin away!

look around at other posts pal, i am not the only 1 disageeing with what u said

---------- Post added at 09:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:17 PM ----------

I second that. I dont see anything listed on rotoworld or anywhere else.

has been all over the news on nfl network and espn...but yeah a link would of been nice

Trade the first round pick to guarantee the deal.

I'm all for it.

Orton is a proven pro, and reuniting him with marshall will be a big plus.

I think this is a great move if it goes through. We need a QB to compete with Henne. Orton is the best QB availible IMO. Kold is way overhyped. A 3rd for Orton would be a steal.

look around at other posts pal, i am not the only 1 disageeing with what u said
Do you always follow what others say, or can you form your own opinion? A lot of people said Mallett was a first round pick and the Dolphins should draft him. I said over and over again how drafting him would be a mistake and how he was not a a first round prospect. I could have easily followed what was "popular", but instead I stepped back, made my own opinion based on the facts and just happened to be opposite of what the majority thought. Turned out I was right. I was also one of the few that said Sparano and Ireland would be back at the end of last season. I also called the Sparano extension back in December. I am confident I am right in this situation also, I have a realistic mindset and I see this team being pretty damn good and that Orton is good for a couple more wins this upcoming season.

Do you always follow what others say, or can you form your own opinion? A lot of people said Mallett was a first round pick and the Dolphins should draft him. I said over and over again how drafting him would be a mistake and how he was not a a first round prospect. I could have easily followed what was "popular", but instead I stepped back, made my own opinion based on the facts and just happened to be opposite of what the majority thought. Turned out I was right. I was also one of the few that said Sparano and Ireland would be back at the end of last season. I also called the Sparano extension back in December. I am confident I am right in this situation also, I have a realistic mindset and I see this team being pretty damn good and that Orton is good for a couple more wins this upcoming season.

Get Ready for that ship to sink (in your avatar), if you think Ortons mediocre *** is going to take this team anywhere...... oh wait 10-6 wildcard and get destroyed just like penny.

is there a LINK to thsi 3rd round pick news item? I see it nowhere

According to Yahoo! Sports' Jason Cole, the Dolphins and Titans are the "strongest possibilities" for a Kyle Orton trade.
Matt Hasselbeck is also reported to be in play for both teams. Armando Salguero of the Miami Herald confirms the Dolphins are "absolutely interested" in Orton, but are unwilling to go higher than a third-round pick. Salguero doesn't give Hasselbeck a legit chance of landing in Miami. Our best guess at the QB landscape has Orton to Miami, Hasselbeck to Tennessee, Kevin Kolb to Arizona, and Donovan McNabb to Minnesota.
Rotoworld 07/26 at 6:01

You know what guys? This guy has had a 85+ QB rating the last two years, and has gotten better every year since he entered the league.

We have better receivers than Denver, a better line than Denver, and depending on who we sign -- we could have a better RB situation than Denver.

Who the flying F do you want? Do you want McNabb? Or do you want Vince Young? We are giving up a third freaking round pick for Kyle Orton?

If he pushes Henne and that's what it takes, so be it. If he comes in and becomes the starter, great. But get him the hell in Miami, if its a third round draft pick.

PS - It looks like the Eagles may not trade Kolb and Arizona may jump in to the Orton sweepskates.... ugh

You know what guys? This guy has had a 85+ QB rating the last two years, and has gotten better every year since he entered the league.

We have better receivers than Denver, a better line than Denver, and depending on who we sign -- we could have a better RB situation than Denver.

Who the flying F do you want? Do you want McNabb? Or do you want Vince Young? We are giving up a third freaking round pick for Kyle Orton?

If he pushes Henne and that's what it takes, so be it. If he comes in and becomes the starter, great. But get him the hell in Miami, if its a third round draft pick.

Screw that resign Penny if all you want is a younger version of penny.

I'm all for it.

Orton is a proven pro, and reuniting him with marshall will be a big plus.
This. I cannot believe the hatred for Orton around here. A 3rd round pick for a guy that was on pace for 5000 yards and a possible pro bowl nomination? Didnt win alot of games in 2010? He was backed up by one of the worst defenses in the league.

I say use the 3rd, I wont lose much sleep over whatever scrub WR or lineman they had pegged with that pick anyway.

Nubs I haven't spoken out enough about this topic, so here it is.

We have a group of washed up has-beens as our potential QB crop. This kid is 28, has proven he can throw to our BRANDON MARSHALL, and thrived in an offense that doesn't have the talent we do. What the hell makes you guys think he can't make our team better? Especially with our defense?

Kyle Orton > or = Trent Dilfer?

Come on! I can't believe that this doesn't at least give some of you optimism. I would love if Henne could take the reins and thrive, but this is a legit answer at QB without sellin the farm. COME ON!

While i dont agree wih you on this particualr isue 100% i will agree that you are one of the most reasonable thinkers and posters on this site. Your insight is always valuable.

ArmandoSalguero Armando Salguero
Dolphins absolutely interested in Kyle Orton but will not pay what they consider a high compensation price. Anything above a third is high.

Twitter

3rd round pick sounds fair to me , For proven starting caliber quarterback in his prime 20 td 9 ints last year that has good chemistry with our #1 reciever. Compare it to Henne's 15td's 19 ints last year , yeah I see an upgrade! Hope it happens!

Back
Top Bottom