Salguero: Miami has offered a THIRD round pick for Orton. | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Salguero: Miami has offered a THIRD round pick for Orton.

I'd give him 2 years as a stop-gap. But 5-6 years at $10 million a year would make me sick.

he's making $9 mil right now on a 1 year pact...i bet the damn extension is whats holding up the trade...orton wants to get PAID...this is wanny all over again paying jay fiedler like he was a legit qb

had to be to date my worst day as a dolphins fan...when i heard we were tying our wagons to jay fiedler long term...but this orton thing...if he gets a long term extension will blow it out of the water

If the Dolphins can acquire Orton, they are easily at least a 10 win team and will likely be in the playoffs. Book it.

He would also instantly become the second best quarterback in the AFC East.

already offered you a bet on that which you declined but how bout a sig bet??? 10 wins won't happen with orton

Orton is a true professional, he has had success with both teams he has played for; and has had major success, in the system Daboll runs, which is similar to what McDaniels ran in both NE and Denver!!! He also already has repour with Branden Marshall and feel he will make everyone else on the offense better, because he is a very smart QB ... for a 3rd round pick i am on board with Orton ... moving forward; hope that Miami looks at a QB in round #1 in the 2012 draft, because Orton will also give Miami time to teach the rookie just like GB did with the situation they had there!!!

This is a nightmare. Don't they realize how Dolphin fans have been through this so many times before.

This trading picks for mediocre QB's just doesn't work.

I hate this FO. Ross should have fired Ireland and his whole staff.

Dolphins need new leadership something fierce.

A 3rd or a 4th for a NEAR probowl caliber stat QB.. this isnt AJ feeley or culpepper all over again.. please

Please let our third round pick be the highest we go! He's not worth that, imo, but we could do worse. I don't like the 9mil for a year price tag much either. Hope he signs a 2 or 3 year deal for some reasonable money.

I respectfully disagree. He's worth a third round pick and that is a serious offer. I hope this deal gets done soon.

is there a LINK to thsi 3rd round pick news item? I see it nowhere

If the Dolphins can acquire Orton, they are easily at least a 10 win team and will likely be in the playoffs. Book it.

He would also instantly become the second best quarterback in the AFC East.

can i have what your drinking?

this guys such a near pro bowl qb in his prime he's being offered for a 3rd round pick...that kind of compensation right there should tell you guys what kyle orton is thought of around the league...and near pro bowl isn't reflective of that 3rd round value for a guy in his prime...

hell jay cutler got traded for 2 #1's and kyle orton...

Asinine move. Orton IS NOT an upgrade over Henne. Waste of another draft pick. So how many is that now :shakeno:

Wasted ammo for what could've been ammunition to go get one of the young QBs in next years draft if Henne didn't work out :scan:

Ok here it is unofficial. Sources wiki and NFL.com

Kyle Orton
32-30 w-l 10-5 first year with Bears, 22-25 since last three years 8-7, -6-10,3-13
76 career rating

Vince Young 30-17 as starter while during that same time the Titans went 15-18 without VY
Career rating 75, I will note that his last two years were 82 and 98 showing the development you would expect.

There it is. Orton stop gap Feely Vs Fiedler game management show or a guy who may or may not have problems but is a difference maker.

That had better be it. A 3rd rounder is the absolute max i'd give for Orton and even that i'm not crazy about.

Back
Top Bottom