Salguero: Miami has offered a THIRD round pick for Orton. | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Salguero: Miami has offered a THIRD round pick for Orton.

I would make the trade in a heartbeat. Orton is a good player.

Do you always follow what others say, or can you form your own opinion? A lot of people said Mallett was a first round pick and the Dolphins should draft him. I said over and over again how drafting him would be a mistake and how he was not a a first round prospect. I could have easily followed what was "popular", but instead I stepped back, made my own opinion based on the facts and just happened to be opposite of what the majority thought. Turned out I was right. I was also one of the few that said Sparano and Ireland would be back at the end of last season. I also called the Sparano extension back in December. I am confident I am right in this situation also, I have a realistic mindset and I see this team being pretty damn good and that Orton is good for a couple more wins this upcoming season.

i gave my own thoughts just relaying that im not alone in saying orton is a waste of a pick and as far as sparano goes...good luck with him...he is terrible...orton was 3-10 last season as a starter..ok add a few more wins if u like he goes 6-10 here but he has to beta out chad....

Do you always follow what others say, or can you form your own opinion? A lot of people said Mallett was a first round pick and the Dolphins should draft him. I said over and over again how drafting him would be a mistake and how he was not a a first round prospect. I could have easily followed what was "popular", but instead I stepped back, made my own opinion based on the facts and just happened to be opposite of what the majority thought. Turned out I was right. I was also one of the few that said Sparano and Ireland would be back at the end of last season. I also called the Sparano extension back in December. I am confident I am right in this situation also, I have a realistic mindset and I see this team being pretty damn good and that Orton is good for a couple more wins this upcoming season.

lmao...

This is the type of move that is hard for fans. It's a move driven by people who run your favorite team who might have motives a little bit selfish.

Sparano and Ireland are trying to save their jobs, and that means they're trying for as many wins as possible. Giving up draft picks for another QB is not in the best interests of the Miami Dolphins organization- at best it gets the team to mediocrity- it's in the best interests of Ireland/Sparano. I also think in the end the deal will end up being a 3rd that can become a 2nd based on playing metrics.

Giving up that kind of pick for Orton all but means we won't be using a 1st round pick next year trying to acquire our QB of the future, and if we did, it would mean giving up 1st and 3rd round picks at the QB position while having two QB's on this years' roster who are becoming free agents.

Additionally, if we did acquire Orton, we have to decide if we're going to extend him, or burn that valuable resource for one year of Orton. If we acquired Orton it also spells the end of Henne as a Phin (Granted, he hasn't proven anything here).

If the ultimate goal for the organization is to one day reach and compete for Super Bowls, then trading for Orton doesn't fall in line with those goals IMHO.

A proven starting QB for a 3rd? Ill take that deal any day. Denver is only trading him for all the hype of Tebow, not beacuse of poor play.

A 3rd or a 4th for a NEAR probowl caliber stat QB.. this isnt AJ feeley or culpepper all over again.. please

Pro Bowl????????????

Ya right, that's why he was benched in favor of the rookie last season.

Get real.

What do you do if thats a conditional 3rd based on play and it ups to a 2nd through certain criteria you still make that trade?

truth hurts huh?

i'm not fooled by you nubs...i'll just leave it at that...anyways saying 10 wins is a lock with kyle orton and "book it" is opinion not truth or fact...and flawed opinion at that but you'll see in time

and you know i'll be here to make sure you know about it

I suppose those that don't want Orton because of his team's record would be willing to trade for Palmer whose team went 4-12 and had a lot of offensive weapons. If the FO determined that this was a weak QB class, then using a future 3rd for a proven veteran who's only 28 is smarter than using a 1st round pick on an unproven prospect.

Get Ready for that ship to sink (in your avatar), if you think Ortons mediocre *** is going to take this team anywhere...... oh wait 10-6 wildcard and get destroyed just like penny.

Re-sign Penny? I call BS. He is out for the year, but you may not realize that.

If he is the same QB Penny is -- I'll take a trip to the playoffs for a third rounder. We are a little better set at receiver than Teddy Ginn being our #1, and our defense is lightyears ahead of that squad. So gimme that shot in the playoffs, please.

Pro Bowl????????????

Ya right, that's why he was benched in favor of the rookie last season.

Get real.

He was benched for a rookie last year because it was Tim Freaking Tebow. Don't turn this into something it isn't like you always do Elliott. YOU get real. Don't worry, we can still get Tiki Barber after we snag Orton.

Back
Top Bottom