Sam Madison Cut? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sam Madison Cut?

Sir Charles

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
I hear that their is a great chance are Pro Bowl Corner will be cut very soon be our beloved Fins. In an oppurtunity to save money Miami is thought to cut Sam, draft Gamble, resign T-Buck and then make a run at a few free agents. Brunel? Northcutt? Pace? All have been mentioned in the Miami GM's office. No word on Manning yet but if Fiedler gets cut, Manning will be a front runner.

It's not like Brian Griese will have a big effect if he gets cut. He is near the league minnimum and at around 1/8 of the contract O-Gunn wants. We also might take a DE in the 3rd to stir some things up on the whole Adewale situation.

Originally posted by BuchanonForPrez
I hear that their is a great chance are Pro Bowl Corner will be cut very soon be our beloved Fins. In an oppurtunity to save money Miami is thought to cut Sam, draft Gamble, resign T-Buck and then make a run at a few free agents. Brunel? Northcutt? Pace? All have been mentioned in the Miami GM's office. No word on Manning yet but if Fiedler gets cut, Manning will be a front runner.

It's not like Brian Griese will have a big effect if he gets cut. He is near the league minnimum and at around 1/8 of the contract O-Gunn wants. We also might take a DE in the 3rd to stir some things up on the whole Adewale situation.

Cutting Brian Griese saves 6 million dollars on the cap I believe. He is owed a huge roster bonus that he will never get.

Also, the Fins can not afford Peyton Manning.

We won't take a DE in the third round. I also think that Sam Madison will restructure his contract and avoid getting released.

Why are you posing as a Dolphins fan when you obviously aren't one?

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Re: Sam Madison Cut?

Originally posted by iceblizzard69

Cutting Brian Griese saves 6 million dollars on the cap I believe. He is owed a huge roster bonus that he will never get.

I was just looking at the overall salary chart done by Muck. :)

Believe me, I would love for the Dolphins to drop Madison and replace him with Champ Bailey or Antone Winfield but..it CAN'T happen it WON'T happen. The best thing we can get is a restructuring. You see, according to the numbers..if Miami cut him, they would take a 6.3 million dollar cap hit for 4 more years. Sound familiar?..It should. It's exactly what happened when the Dolphins cut Daryl Gardener. Miami was still taking a 6 million dollar cap hit for him in 2003.

Originally posted by Gladsadmad
Believe me, I would love for the Dolphins to drop Madison and replace him with Champ Bailey or Antone Winfield but..it CAN'T happen it WON'T happen. The best thing we can get is a restructuring. You see, according to the numbers..if Miami cut him, they would take a 6.3 million dollar cap hit for 4 more years. Sound familiar?..It should. It's exactly what happened when the Dolphins cut Daryl Gardener. Miami was still taking a 6 million dollar cap hit for him in 2003.

And how much of a hit we take if we cut Fiedler?

By cutting Griese before June 1st..Miami will save 6.3 million dollars. Miami can also save 1.2 mill by cutting McKnight...1.9 mill for cutting Ruddy...1.3 for cutting David Bowens...8k for cutting Thompson...all with minimal cap penalties. That's 11.5 million dollars saved with small cap penalties.

They can't afford to simply cut Fiedler before June 1st. Same for Fletcher and Marion.

These players need to restructure...
Mare, Fletcher, Marion, Fiedler, Bowens and hopefully Madison, Thomas and maybe Taylor.

Originally posted by Gladsadmad
By cutting Griese before June 1st..Miami will save 6.3 million dollars. Miami can also save 1.2 mill by cutting McKnight...1.9 mill for cutting Ruddy...1.3 for cutting David Bowens...8k for cutting Thompson...all with minimal cap penalties. That's 11.5 million dollars saved with small cap penalties.

They can't afford to simply cut Fiedler before June 1st. Same for Fletcher and Marion.

These players need to restructure...
Mare, Fletcher, Marion, Fiedler, Bowens and hopefully Madison, Thomas and maybe Taylor.

With that money saved we can bring in Orlando Pace and Brunel.

3.7 for three more years? Nope.

"With that money saved we can bring in Orlando Pace and Brunel."

I don't see why not. As good as he is, the Dolphins probably need more than just Pace to really improve. I don't think any Miami fans really want to see Perry, Nails AND McKinney starting. That's not enough of a shakeup.

Move Wade Smith to RT..re-sign Nails..try to steal Woody from New England..and Miami should be a much, much better team in 2004.

Bottom line.... If major improvements aren't made to the OL, then Ricky will go the way of Earl Campbell, early retirement. We cannot afford for him to take the pounding that he took this year.:jetssuck: :monkeyl:

Back
Top Bottom