Sam Madison Cut? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sam Madison Cut?

Who keeps saying they want Garcia? :lol: Fiedler is much better than him..

I say we cut Griese & resign him for minimum after he clears waivers. :D

I want everyone to think about what the problem really is..

Think of the Saints offense last year compared to this year. Why did they fall so much? The O-Line, that's why.

The funny thing is, the pin heads in the Saints forum I frequent are calling for Aaron Brooks head! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sound familiar?

You either treat the symptoms to feel better or treat the cause of the illness & be cured.

I don't want Bledsoe here. He makes crappy decisions, always has. That's why his career ratings are about the same as Fiedler's. People just don't notice b/c they are blinded by the occassional great throws. Miami probably would win more games behind JF than DB, but they would make fewer ESPN highlights.

I wouldn't mind Garcia. His throws have more velocity than Fiedler's and he makes better decisions.

I'm a dolphin fan from California, and there is no way the dolphins should sign Jeff Garcia. He is a good west coast offense but he wouldn't be a very good fit for Miami. His deep balls are worse than Fiedlers. He wouldn't be much of an upgrade. His deep balls are wobbly and most of the time dont reach the target. I think Brunell would be a good QB for Miami. He is mobile enough to avoid rushers still and has a better deep ball than Fiedler and Garcia. I also like Losman more than Rivers. I think Rivers will be a good QB but i think Losman will end up being a better QB. His team sucks! When UCLA recruited him, he was suppose to be the next big QB but he transfered to Tulane. He has the arm, mobility and accuracy to help Miami for a long time.

Originally posted by Kistner10
I'm a dolphin fan from California, and there is no way the dolphins should sign Jeff Garcia. He is a good west coast offense but he wouldn't be a very good fit for Miami. His deep balls are worse than Fiedlers. He wouldn't be much of an upgrade. His deep balls are wobbly and most of the time dont reach the target. I think Brunell would be a good QB for Miami. He is mobile enough to avoid rushers still and has a better deep ball than Fiedler and Garcia. I also like Losman more than Rivers. I think Rivers will be a good QB but i think Losman will end up being a better QB. His team sucks! When UCLA recruited him, he was suppose to be the next big QB but he transfered to Tulane. He has the arm, mobility and accuracy to help Miami for a long time.

Losman will take a while to develope and your judgement on Garcia is not right. Garcia can scramble around while out of the pocket and still manage to hit a WR on the run. You dont think TO caught all those TD's and reception by himself? Garcia is a leader AND if he gets hurt he can manage through the pain unlike Fiedler who goes down hurt every season. Seriously, has their been a season Feidler has played every game. How many times has Jay made the Pro Bowl. I still think Jeff is what Miami needs.

Originally posted by BuchanonForPrez

Losman will take a while to develope and your judgement on Garcia is not right. Garcia can scramble around while out of the pocket and still manage to hit a WR on the run. You dont think TO caught all those TD's and reception by himself? Garcia is a leader AND if he gets hurt he can manage through the pain unlike Fiedler who goes down hurt every season. Seriously, has their been a season Feidler has played every game. How many times has Jay made the Pro Bowl. I still think Jeff is what Miami needs.
jay played the entire season in 01 big deal cut his a$$ and move on.

Originally posted by Gladsadmad
Believe me, I would love for the Dolphins to drop Madison and replace him with Champ Bailey or Antone Winfield but..it CAN'T happen it WON'T happen. The best thing we can get is a restructuring. You see, according to the numbers..if Miami cut him, they would take a 6.3 million dollar cap hit for 4 more years. Sound familiar?..It should. It's exactly what happened when the Dolphins cut Daryl Gardener. Miami was still taking a 6 million dollar cap hit for him in 2003.

No, you have it figured wrong. First of all, if you cut a player, what you pay is the rest of his ammortised signing bonus owed to him. If he is cut before 6/1, that is paid in one lump sum. If it is after 6/1, you pay only the scheduled ammortised portion for that year, then the rest of the remaining part the following season. You don't pay for 4 more years after cutting a player.

Gardener was still on the books for $6 million in '03 because that was the remaining ammortised portion of his signing bonus owed to the cap. Gardener was cut after 6/1 of '02, so the cap was charged the scheduled '02 portion and the rest in '03. There will be no more dead cap due to him on the books now.

If Madison is cut, it will be after 6/1. The cap charge then would be around $2 million, but since he was a scheduled charge of over $8 million, that saves around $6 million on the cap this season. But then next year, we'd be carrying over $4 million in dead cap on him also. I look for him to be asked to restructure and take a pay cut, and if he doesn't, he'll be cut after 6/1.

Fiedler is due a $2 million roster bonus in May. If he is going to be cut, it'll be before that is due. But that will still mean carrying around $2 million in dead cap on him for '04, which is the rest of the ammortised bonuses from the contract he signed in '02. I also expect he'll be asked to restructure, if not, he will be gone by May.

Originally posted by Gladsadmad
"And how much of a hit we take if we cut Fiedler?"

3.7 million for 3 more years.
`
If a player is cut, the remaining amount of his bonus, if any, is due now, unless cut on or after June 1st, which is then divided into two years....

Originally posted by Jaj
Losman isn't ****y he has confidence. There is a difference.

His TD/INT ratio is very good.

His team is a piece of crap.

Sounds like Ryan Leaf. :eek:

Originally posted by Jaj
We have to pay him 3.7 this year. That is what is left of the original signing bonus.

The signing bonus is already paid. Ih he's cut, the 3.7 [I have 3.4 tho] is spread out over the next 3 yrs. Unless he restructures, he's [should be] gone.

OOOps, my bad, his bonus was ammortized.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by KBISBACK
Quarterbacks throw the ball. They don't run the ball.

You should never overlook passing skills in a quarterback to get someone that is mobile.

Scrambling quarterbacks have never won a Superbowl, and they never will.

Steve Young, Elway ? :confused: :confused:

Originally posted by BuchanonForPrez
I hear that their is a great chance are Pro Bowl Corner will be cut very soon be our beloved Fins. In an oppurtunity to save money Miami is thought to cut Sam, draft Gamble, resign T-Buck and then make a run at a few free agents. Brunel? Northcutt? Pace? All have been mentioned in the Miami GM's office. No word on Manning yet but if Fiedler gets cut, Manning will be a front runner.

It's not like Brian Griese will have a big effect if he gets cut. He is near the league minnimum and at around 1/8 of the contract O-Gunn wants. We also might take a DE in the 3rd to stir some things up on the whole Adewale situation.

Where do you "hear" this? IMO, the best way to handle Madison would be to just trade him for a pick/s. I have a feeling he won't take too kindly to a paycut.

Re: Re: Sam Madison Cut?

Originally posted by DeDolfan

Where do you "hear" this? IMO, the best way to handle Madison would be to just trade him for a pick/s. I have a feeling he won't take too kindly to a paycut.

Man, you have got to start reading the local papers. It was mentioned in a salary cap article that Madison was expected to be approached for a paycut. Trading him makes no sense b/c our cap hit would be huge and nobody else would want to take on his salary.

Re: Re: Sam Madison Cut?

Originally posted by DeDolfan

We can't trade him. We would take the signing bonus as an accelerated cap hit in a single year.

Back
Top Bottom