Sanchez or Tebow? | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sanchez or Tebow?

#s wise he is better than Flacco now and neck and neck w/ Ryan. Mark's postseason performances has been MUCH better than either guy, I wouldn't want either over Sanchez.

There are ZERO GMs who would prefer Moore over Sanchez.

There are 4-5 guys I'd rather have as my QB

Brady
Peyton(healthy)
Brees
Ridgers
Ben

Other than that I wouldn't take any other QB over him. There are guys that put up better #s that shrink in big games but those guys don't fool me.

as far as Matt Moore- check his #s 2 years ago w/ no pressure to win in Carolina then check what he did in 2010 starting day 1.
so ur saying u think sanchez is the 6th best qb in the nfl?

and btw, to say that my list was a joke, ur the joke here.

i dont think ryan is that good, however he is better than sanchez, and so is flacco. dirty has been carried by his team the past few years, and 1 year he was handed a playoff spot.

so ur saying u think sanchez is the 6th best qb in the nfl?

and btw, to say that my list was a joke, ur the joke here.

i dont think ryan is that good, however he is better than sanchez, and so is flacco. dirty has been carried by his team the past few years, and 1 year he was handed a playoff spot.

No, I wouldn't rank him 6th best but I wouldn't take another QB for this team besides those top 5.

Flacco has put up better reg season #s(until this year) but he's been awful in postseason. Sanchez is bettter w/o a doubt.

Ryan has been a better reg season QB but not so much this year and again sanchez has been MUCH better in postseason.

No, I wouldn't rank him 6th best but I wouldn't take another QB for this team besides those top 5.

Flacco has put up better reg season #s(until this year) but he's been awful in postseason. Sanchez is bettter w/o a doubt.

Ryan has been a better reg season QB but not so much this year and again sanchez has been MUCH better in postseason.

You wouldn't rank him the 6th best, but you wouldn't take any other QB than the 5 you mentioned? :confused: There are other Qbs you think are better than Sanchez, but would rather have Sanchez? :confused: You give Sanchez way too much credit for the Jets post season success the last 2 years. A ton of other Qbs would have had the same success (probably more) on those teams. It only makes sense that a better QB would have had more success, so why you wouldn't take a Qb you think is better than Sanchez makes no sense at all. We will see what Sanchez does this year (if they make the playoffs) without a top running game and D to carry him.

You say Flacco has been much worse in the playoffs, (and I agree his #'s are not as good) but he is tied with Sanchez for the most road wins, and has been to an AFCC game. If not for facing the same teams that Knocked out the Jets earlier in the playoffs ('09 Colts '10 Steelers), he could have 3 AFCC game appearances. I don't think either are great as I feel Flacco gets carried by a great D and running game much like Sanchez does, but to say that Sanchez is clearly better is a stretch. Besides those Qbs you listed, there are more than 10 I would easily take over Sanchez.

You wouldn't rank him the 6th best, but you wouldn't take any other QB than the 5 you mentioned? :confused: There are other Qbs you think are better than Sanchez, but would rather have Sanchez? :confused: You give Sanchez way too much credit for the Jets post season success the last 2 years. A ton of other Qbs would have had the same success (probably more) on those teams. It only makes sense that a better QB would have had more success, so why you wouldn't take a Qb you think is better than Sanchez makes no sense at all. We will see what Sanchez does this year (if they make the playoffs) without a top running game and D to carry him.

You say Flacco has been much worse in the playoffs, (and I agree his #'s are not as good) but he is tied with Sanchez for the most road wins, and has been to an AFCC game. If not for facing the same teams that Knocked out the Jets earlier in the playoffs ('09 Colts '10 Steelers), he could have 3 AFCC game appearances. I don't think either are great as I feel Flacco gets carried by a great D and running game much like Sanchez does, but to say that Sanchez is clearly better is a stretch. Besides those Qbs you listed, there are more than 10 I would easily take over Sanchez.

For this team Sanchez is perfect, this is not an air it out O that relies on the pass game to win. We run it well(hopefully), play good D(hopefully), good STs(hopefully) and we expect the QB to make a few big plays to win. He has done a very good job for us, he is very underrated. There are better #s guys like Romo, Eli, Rivers,... but these guys fail in big spots all the time. I understand Eli has a SB title on that fluky run but in the rest of his carere he has never won a single playoff game. This is his 8th year and the way it's going 7 will end w/o a playoff win.

I don't give Mark too much credit, I give him the credit he has earned. Our D is #1 but even the best D's(and our D is not great) need quality QB play to win.

Flacco has 4 road wins over 3 seasons, he's onyl won one div rd game in 3 years and he didn't contribute in postseason as much as Sanchez has.

Flacco was awful in the 2nd half vs. Pitt while Sanchez led us back to give us a chance a week later. In '09 vs. Indy Flacco led his O to 3 pts, sanchez 17.

#s wise he is better than Flacco now and neck and neck w/ Ryan. Mark's postseason performances has been MUCH better than either guy, I wouldn't want either over Sanchez.

There are ZERO GMs who would prefer Moore over Sanchez.

There are 4-5 guys I'd rather have as my QB

Brady
Peyton(healthy)
Brees
Ridgers
Ben

Other than that I wouldn't take any other QB over him. There are guys that put up better #s that shrink in big games but those guys don't fool me.

as far as Matt Moore- check his #s 2 years ago w/ no pressure to win in Carolina then check what he did in 2010 starting day 1.

its ironic you bring up numbers when it suits you, but ignore all the qb's who kick dirtys *** when it comes to numbers, lmao if you think there are only 5 qb's better.

its ironic you bring up numbers when it suits you, but ignore all the qb's who kick dirtys *** when it comes to numbers, lmao if you think there are only 5 qb's better.

I didn't use #s, I used his postseason performance as the differentiatior.

I guess this offseason I'll hear about how Matt Moore is better just like I heard that about Henne the last couple of years?

I didn't use #s, I used his postseason performance as the differentiatior.

I guess this offseason I'll hear about how Matt Moore is better just like I heard that about Henne the last couple of years?

no...this offseason you will hear about how we need to draft another qb and not rely on a mediocre one (ie, sanchez, henne and moore). im glad we figured it out now. i am excited to see sanchez be your qb until rex's borderline retarded self gets fired in 3 years.

For this team Sanchez is perfect, this is not an air it out O that relies on the pass game to win. We run it well(hopefully), play good D(hopefully), good STs(hopefully) and we expect the QB to make a few big plays to win. He has done a very good job for us, he is very underrated. There are better #s guys like Romo, Eli, Rivers,... but these guys fail in big spots all the time. I understand Eli has a SB title on that fluky run but in the rest of his carere he has never won a single playoff game. This is his 8th year and the way it's going 7 will end w/o a playoff win.

I don't give Mark too much credit, I give him the credit he has earned. Our D is #1 but even the best D's(and our D is not great) need quality QB play to win.

Flacco has 4 road wins over 3 seasons, he's onyl won one div rd game in 3 years and he didn't contribute in postseason as much as Sanchez has.

Flacco was awful in the 2nd half vs. Pitt while Sanchez led us back to give us a chance a week later. In '09 vs. Indy Flacco led his O to 3 pts, sanchez 17.

The last 2 years the Jets had a team that could carry a QB. Put Sanchez with the Giants, and there is no way they win the Super Bowl. Put Eli (and a bunch of other good "#'s" Qbs) with the Jets and they likely go to the Super Bowl. If you put a QB with a team that plays great D, a great running game, and great special teams play it is easy to be successful. I can name you a bunch of guys that are not great Qbs that have been carried to an AFCC game, or even the Super Bowl. Any of those #'s QBs as you like to call them, would be more successful than Sanchez has been with the Jets.

Flacco has only won 1 division round playoff game becasue he has had to face tougher competition in earlier rounds. If the Jets had faced Pitt, or '09 Indy in the division rounds (like Flacco did), Sanchez would have no division round wins.

This Sanchez bashing has really become silly. We're talking about one of the youngest QB's in the league (I think he's 4th out of 32) and people want to judge him against guys who've been in the NFL twice as long. He was forced to learn on the job with very little college experience, and he makes plenty of mistakes ... but if you don't think he has the tools/toughness/balls that it takes to be a good NFL QB, you're asleep at the wheel. Go and listen to what Steve Young thinks about Sanchez. Im sure he knows alot more about being a QB than anyone on this site.

All I need to know about Sanchez is this ... the last 40 times he's taken the field, the Jets are 27-13.
I'll take it.
And so would any Dolphin fan on this board, instead of being on your way to a third consecutive losing season.

The last 2 years the Jets had a team that could carry a QB. Put Sanchez with the Giants, and there is no way they win the Super Bowl. Put Eli (and a bunch of other good "#'s" Qbs) with the Jets and they likely go to the Super Bowl. If you put a QB with a team that plays great D, a great running game, and great special teams play it is easy to be successful. I can name you a bunch of guys that are not great Qbs that have been carried to an AFCC game, or even the Super Bowl. Any of those #'s QBs as you like to call them, would be more successful than Sanchez has been with the Jets.

Flacco has only won 1 division round playoff game becasue he has had to face tougher competition in earlier rounds. If the Jets had faced Pitt, or '09 Indy in the division rounds (like Flacco did), Sanchez would have no division round wins.

The Giants absolutely win it all w/ Sanchez and they probably have more playoff wins and playoff apps if Sanchez is their QB, we probably don't even make a title game w/ Eli the last 2 years.

Our D has never been GREAT, there have been much better D's not get as far- you still need quality QB play to win.

Tougher? In 2009 and 2010 we faced the hottest teams(and AFC favorites) in the NFL and beat them and we were more competitive in our games aginst Indy and Pitt than Bal was.

vs. Indy '09 & Pitt '10:
Sanchez 4 TDs, 1 INT, led O to 17 pts in each game
Flacco 1 TD, 3 INTs, led O to 20 pts total in the 2 games

The Giants absolutely win it all w/ Sanchez and they probably have more playoff wins and playoff apps if Sanchez is their QB, we probably don't even make a title game w/ Eli the last 2 years.

Our D has never been GREAT, there have been much better D's not get as far- you still need quality QB play to win.

Tougher? In 2009 and 2010 we faced the hottest teams(and AFC favorites) in the NFL and beat them and we were more competitive in our games aginst Indy and Pitt than Bal was.

vs. Indy '09 & Pitt '10:

dude.....i hate the giants as much as i hate the jest (its a new york thing), there is NO WAY mark sanchez is a better qb than eli. what is wrong with you?

dude.....i hate the giants as much as i hate the jest (its a new york thing), there is NO WAY mark sanchez is a better qb than eli. what is wrong with you?

Eli is having a better year no doubt about it but 7 years in the league and 6 of them ending w/o a playoff win- that's not an accident. Each year they start strong then fade- that's not an accident. Mark is much better throuhg 3 years than Eli was.

:lol2: That's good stuff. Eli was 72 of 119 for 854 yards, 6tds and only 1int in those 4 playoff wins. That was with a running game that was averaging 3.5 YPC in the playoffs, compared to a 4.2 average that Sanchez has had in his 4 playoff wins. 415 rushing yards for the Giants, and 629 yards for the Jets in their 4 playoff wins. Eli led the Giants on an 83 yard drive to win the Super Bowl, and the Giants only ran the ball once on that drive. Sanchez could never do that. Again, look at the rushing yards compared to the passing yards in the Jets playoff wins.

@ Cincinnati - 182 yards passing - 171 yards rushing.

@ San Diego - 93 yards passing - 169 yards rushing.

@ Indy 184 yards passing - 169 yards rushing.

@ NE 194 yards passing - 120 yards rushing.

In that Super Bowl run (4 playoff wins), Eli has a better completion percentage, over 200 more passing yards, 1 more TD and 1 less Int. That with a running game that only went over 100 yards just once.

vs. Indy '09 & Pitt '10:

Yes, tougher. They faced the same teams the Jets lost to a round earlier. You would rather face '09 Indy in the division round instead of SD? You would have rather faced '10 Pitt instead of NE? It doesn't really matter who played a team better. The end results were the same.

This Sanchez bashing has really become silly. We're talking about one of the youngest QB's in the league (I think he's 4th out of 32) and people want to judge him against guys who've been in the NFL twice as long. He was forced to learn on the job with very little college experience, and he makes plenty of mistakes ... but if you don't think he has the tools/toughness/balls that it takes to be a good NFL QB, you're asleep at the wheel. Go and listen to what Steve Young thinks about Sanchez. Im sure he knows alot more about being a QB than anyone on this site.

All I need to know about Sanchez is this ... the last 40 times he's taken the field, the Jets are 27-13.
I'll take it.
And so would any Dolphin fan on this board
, instead of being on your way to a third consecutive losing season.

Why start at the last 40? Does 31-19 not sound as good to you?

We already had a QB that was carried by the D and running game that had a great win / loss record. His name was Fiedler. Jay Fiedler had a better record in his first 40 games with the Dolphins than Sanchez does with his first 40 with the Jets, and had a 34-16 record in his first 50 with the Dolphins. Like Sanchez, he was carried by a good D and running game. The problem was the D and running game would disappear in the playoffs. If not, he probably could have had a couple of AFCC game appearances as well. I can see when it is the QB that is responsible for the wins, and when it is mostly from the D and running game. Sanchez has made plays to help the Jets win games, but they have been successful mostly because of the D, running game, and special teams.

I'm not saying Sanchez can't get better, but we will see how happy you guys are with Sanchez in 3 to 4 years.

Jets fans,

Can't you read thru the fish fans nonsense? They are bitter. Their team stinks. Their season was over week one. So, they have nothing left but to try and diminish Sanchez and the Jets. if you recall, these are some of the same clowns who said the Jets will fail last year -- just go back and read their posts in December. Yet, they were watching us deep into January as another pathetic season concluded for them with about 6 weeks left in the season. So much so, their owner was coach shopping when we were still playing only to be rejected -- see current 49ers coach.

So, as jealous as they are, some predict Rex will be fired in 3 years. LMAO.....Fish fans can only hope as they don't even know who their coach will be next season. Again, LMAO. Cowher Power???? I don't think so; hey, maybe Parcells can comeback and be your coach? Or how about Shula returning. Again, LMAO.

In August, we heard so much from these fish fans about the great season Miami will have this year.....just go back and read the threads. However, season over week 1 at halftime. So why are they so concerned about the Jets and Sanchez? becasue when your team has been a perennial loser the past decade all they have left is to hope the Jets suck. That brings them joy.

The perfect example is look at the poster who claims MIA is playing better ball than the Jets the past month. With the exception of 2 games, the Jets and Fish play the same exact schedule. The difference, Jets play a 2nd place schedule while the Fish play a 3rd place schedule. SO let's compare opponents -- Jets play at Ravens; Mia hosts the pathetic Browns and still manages to lose the game. Jets played the Jaguars who finished in 2nd place last year and Miami played Houston....much improved from the 6 win team from last year but a big benefactor of a very weak AFC South. Now, regarding Miami's wins the past month, beating Chiefs, Buffalo, Washington and Oakland with 3 of those games coming in Florida. The only good win was against a inconsistent (like the Jets) Oakland team without McFadden (Jets played Oakland week 3 with a healthy McFadden). Jets beat/destroyed Buffalo, in Buffalo, when the Bills were hot, 5-2 and coming off of a shutout of Washington. Beat the Skins by 15 points last week in DC and play the Chiefs tomorrow. All I am saying is, let's not act like the Fish beat NE, Baltimore, and Pitt the past month. While a win is a win, until Miami can demonstrate that it can beat good teams, that's when i will take pause and begin to think the team is improved. Fish have had nothing to play for since week 1. No pressure at all. And that's a good thing because we have seen, time and again, how small the Dolphins play when something is on the line. IF you think I am making that up, just go back and read the threads on this site as proof of what I am saying.

P.S. Fish fans,

I will remind you that Miami is following the same script as the 2010 Buffalo Bills -- the only difference is Buffalo lost its first 8 games. Then the media declared them one of the hottest teams in the NFL when they won a few games and had some close losses -- including a drop TD pass by Stevie Johnson against the Pitt Steelers, a game that Pitt won in OT. So every tema can play the what if game. My point is don't get too excited about a few wins after losing all your games for 1/2 season.

But, I beg you, please bring back Moore as your QB and Tony, the FG kicking cheerleader, as your coach next year. And, for the heck of it, bring Jeff back too. LMAO. Afterall, we still need to evaluate what they bring to the table. I highly recommend you "stay-the-course." Please, make no changes. LMAO.

Back
Top Bottom