SB ring in next two years, get Rodgers | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

SB ring in next two years, get Rodgers

If the Dolphins are actually interested in trading for a QB. Don’t settle for an old Rogers or a QB with huge legal issues. Let’s just go all in and trade their next 10 first round picks and whatever else it takes to pry Mahomes from the Chiefs.

With that trade the Dolphins might not be a good team for several years to come but ar last no one will be starting a thread by claiming the problem with the Dolphins is the QB position.

If the Dolphins are actually interested in trading for a QB. Don’t settle for an old Rogers or a QB with huge legal issues. Let’s just go all in and trade their next 10 first round picks and whatever else it takes to pry Mahomes from the Chiefs.

With that trade the Dolphins might not be a good team for several years to come but ar last no one will be starting a thread by claiming the problem with the Dolphins is the QB position.
I realize you are exaggerating, but using this extreme point, how has having all of our 1st round picks over the last 10 years worked out for us? What's more important, having a top 5 QB for 10 years, or having your first round picks for 10 years? In which scenario would we be better set up to contend for a Championship, having Mahomes for the next 10 years with no first round picks, or having no franchise QB and picking in the first round every year?

I realize you are exaggerating, but using this extreme point, how has having all of our 1st round picks over the last 10 years worked out for us? What's more important, having a top 5 QB for 10 years, or having your first round picks for 10 years? In which scenario would we be better set up to contend for a Championship, having Mahomes for the next 10 years with no first round picks, or having no franchise QB and picking in the first round every year?
I would trade for Mahomes and not think twice about it. He has led his team to the SB the last two seasons, winning one of those games.
Rogers on the other hand hasn’t led the Packers to the SB in over 10 years. He is a great regular season QB but chokes in the playoffs and the Packer teams he has been with the last ten years had more talent than the Dolphins.
Watson doesn’t seem to have the character that fits into the Dolphin organization but I would still rather have him than Rogers.
All that being stated, I think Tua is going to develop into a top 5-10 QB in the league over the next few seasons and if they can’t trade for Mahomes, I am happy going forward with Tua at the QB position.

Last edited:
Rodgers is a great QB and you can count on great play from him but he doesn't guarantee a Super Bowl win. No QB in the NFL does that
The statement the poster posted was AR doesn't guarantee anything. I say he guarantee eliminate a question mark in QB position. Please do not twist things.

1972, I like you as a poster. However your logic sometimes is way off.
I give you 10 first, you give me PM, I can build a SB contention team with seconh, third, forth.....
Even now, give me PM, I give you 10 first, we are instant SB contention team now.
I take that any day

I would trade for Mahomes and not think twice about it. He has led his team to the SB the last two seasons, winning one of those games.
Rogers on the other hand hasn’t led the Packers to the SB in over 10 years. He is a great regular season QB but chokes in the playoffs and the Packer teams he has been with the last ten years had more talent than the Dolphins.
Watson doesn’t seem to have the character that fits into the Dolphin organization but I would still rather have him than Rogers.
All that being stated, I think Tua is going to develop into a top 5-10 QB in the league over the next few seasons and if they can’t trade for Mahomes, I am happy going forward with Tua at the QB position.
I certainly hope you are right!

I certainly hope you are right!
Well I will be either right or wrong. If I’m right, the Dolphins will have their QB for the next decade. IF I’m wrong, they will probably be drafting another QB in the next few years.

I just find it ridiculous that so many Dolphin fans were willing to give Tannehill the benefit of the doubt for so many years while claiming his issues were coaching, a bad offensive line, no running game, average WR’s and terrible defenses.

Yet many if those same posters are ready to give up on Tua after nine games, while the OL, RB’s and WR’s on the 2020 were worse than the offensive players around Tannehill while he was in Miami.

1972, I like you as a poster. However your logic sometimes is way off.
I give you 10 first, you give me PM, I can build a SB contention team with seconh, third, forth.....
Even now, give me PM, I give you 10 first, we are instant SB contention team now.
I take that any day
In my post, I stated they would have to give up 10 first round picks and WHATEVER else would be necessary to trade for Mahomes. So I assume the whatever would be first line players like Howard,
Waddle, or another of the Dolphins top players.

As the Texans clearly showed last year, you can have a very talented QB but you aren’t going to be a good team if you don’t have a talented roster around that QB.

Without a solid OL in the SB and a very average defense, Mahomes and the Chiefs weren’t that good against the Bucs.

Obviously Mahomes would be a major upgrade at the QB position, but the OL still hasn’t shown it can be anything but a below average OL. The Dolphins have no RB’s comparable to the Chiefs RB’s and the Chiefs TE is the best TE in the league. Maybe the Dolphins WR Corp will turn out to be an equal to the Chiefs but they have to prove it on the field.

While Flores is a good HC, Reid is a great NFL head coach as well as an outstanding offensive play caller. Last year the Dolphins defense was higher rated than the Chiefs but that could change if the Chiefs demanded Howard and another top defensive player in a trade for Mahomes.

So while Mahomes would certainly be an upgrade at the QB position , giving up all the draft pucks, and players it would likely take to make this trade would diminish the overall talent on the roster in the short term. Without first round draft picks for several years and the possible loss of some of the better players now on the roster, I just don’t see Mahomes leading the Dolphins to the SB in the near future.

Last edited:
The statement the poster posted was AR doesn't guarantee anything. I say he guarantee eliminate a question mark in QB position. Please do not twist things.
Heaven forbid I should bring up your original post in the thread. Also, I was agreeing with you

Well I will be either right or wrong. If I’m right, the Dolphins will have their QB for the next decade. IF I’m wrong, they will probably be drafting another QB in the next few years.

I just find it ridiculous that so many Dolphin fans were willing to give Tannehill the benefit of the doubt for so many years while claiming his issues were coaching, a bad offensive line, no running game, average WR’s and terrible defenses.

Yet many if those same posters are ready to give up on Tua after nine games, while the OL, RB’s and WR’s on the 2020 were worse than the offensive players around Tannehill while he was in Miami.
I don't think it's a matter of giving up on Tua. It's more about Aaron Rodgers being available. If he wanted out of GB when Tannehill was here, the same types of hypotheticals would be being discussed. These threads aren't about hypothetically acquiring QB's like Carr, Cousins, Mayfield, Stafford, Goff, etc over Tua. I haven't seen a single post about that.

It's only because QB's of the elite caliber like Watson and Rodgers might be available that it's even a topic of conversation.

See, this is a perfect example of TDS, you find flaws in the best QB in the NFL and one of the top 5-10 QBs in NFL History, because you can't just bring yourself to say that RIGHT NOW, the Dolphins would be better with Rodgers than Tua. Speculating on this in the offseason does not equate to hating on Tua. This is Aaron freaking Rodgers. Did his personality stop the Packers from going to 5 NFC Championships and winning a Superbowl in which he was the MVP, did his personality stop him from winning the MVP last year? I 100% concede he hasn't played his best in NFC Championship games, but he wasn't responsible for a historic defensive collapse against Seattle, and he didn't fumble inside his own 10 against Tampa Bay.

I don’t think there’s many fans that would want to “replace Tua at all costs”. We’re all rooting for him. But when a player of Aaron Rodgers caliber potentially becomes available, you definitely kick the tires on what it would take to get him, don’t you think? As far as fit, personality, compensation, etc, the Dolphins FO would obviously do their due diligence on everything and make an offer they deemed fair if they felt Rodgers was the right move.

The last 2 great QBs that joined new teams were Manning and Brady, how’d their new teams do? I get that the circumstances are different, but the point is great a QB is a fit for ANY team.

This is just off season talk, it seems pretty clear to me that the Dolphins are all in on Tua. I don’t think Rodgers is even on our radar realistically.
My god. Did you even read my second sentence. I said “ no sh*t” Rodgers is better than Tua right now.” I then went in to explain to you why it’s not as simple as that. Unreal.

See, this is a perfect example of TDS, you find flaws in the best QB in the NFL and one of the top 5-10 QBs in NFL History, because you can't just bring yourself to say that RIGHT NOW, the Dolphins would be better with Rodgers than Tua. Speculating on this in the offseason does not equate to hating on Tua. This is Aaron freaking Rodgers. Did his personality stop the Packers from going to 5 NFC Championships and winning a Superbowl in which he was the MVP, did his personality stop him from winning the MVP last year? I 100% concede he hasn't played his best in NFC Championship games, but he wasn't responsible for a historic defensive collapse against Seattle, and he didn't fumble inside his own 10 against Tampa Bay.

I don’t think there’s many fans that would want to “replace Tua at all costs”. We’re all rooting for him. But when a player of Aaron Rodgers caliber potentially becomes available, you definitely kick the tires on what it would take to get him, don’t you think? As far as fit, personality, compensation, etc, the Dolphins FO would obviously do their due diligence on everything and make an offer they deemed fair if they felt Rodgers was the right move.

The last 2 great QBs that joined new teams were Manning and Brady, how’d their new teams do? I get that the circumstances are different, but the point is great a QB is a fit for ANY team.

This is just off season talk, it seems pretty clear to me that the Dolphins are all in on Tua. I don’t think Rodgers is even on our radar realistically.
If he’s such a great fit with any team, why is he not a great fit with Green Bay?

My god. Did you even read my second sentence. I said “ no sh*t” Rodgers is better than Tua right now.” I then went in to explain to you why it’s not as simple as that. Unreal.
Yes, I read it, then you went on for the rest of the post to say why it was a bad idea. He's arguably the best QB in the NFL right now, definitely top 2, yet people wouldn't want him because of perceptions about his personality? That's what's unreal.

Back
Top Bottom