SB ring in next two years, get Rodgers | Page 16 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

SB ring in next two years, get Rodgers

If he’s such a great fit with any team, why is he not a great fit with Green Bay?
Dude, really?? His PLAY is a good fit, which is why he's led GB to 5 NFC Championship games and they would love to keep him. He IS a great fit with GB. He's a great fit with literally any team in the NFL. Look, support Tua all you want, but to sit here and try to come up with reasons why Aaron Rodgers would be a bad idea is just ludicrous. Just say that you are certain Tua is the answer, that's fine.

Acquiring the reigning MVP and one of the top 2 QB's in the league would be a bad idea? In the immortal words of Joe Biden, C'mon Man!!!!

When the president said something like that about their star QB, it tells me the situation is beyond salvage.

Grier, moves mountain if you have to, get us Rodgers. I want a ring before Alzheimers set in.

Five years ago, I MIGHT have been on the trade for Rodgers train. Although players (especially QBs - because of the "all QBs are sissies" rule) last longer in the league, Rodgers is still at the latter part of his career. We need a QB who can keep us in contention for a decade or so. Is Tua that guy? Personally, I don't think so - for various reasons. But he's a good enough game manager to keep us respectable and, perhaps, take us to a SB with a good supporting cast (Trent Dilfer, Mark Rypien, Eli Manning, EVEN ELWAY who did NOTHING without Terrell Davis). I think Tua has the skills, but I have reservations about his confidence and self-motivation. He definitely needs a supporting cast. Luckily, it looks like we have one and are continuing to build one. Aaron Rodgers has a single SB ring and he has spent his entire career (or the majority of it) with above average talent. Far more than ours over that span. Bringing Rodgers in would mean playoffs this year, but what beyond that??? THIS is Tua's season to prove. If he doesn't, then we need to contemplate a trade up for Sam Howell. He IS the real deal. I'd venture to say he is a bigger play maker than any QB in this past draft. He has less to work with than the big schools and is STILL exceptionally productive.

Dude, really?? His PLAY is a good fit, which is why he's led GB to 5 NFC Championship games and they would love to keep him. He IS a great fit with GB. He's a great fit with literally any team in the NFL. Look, support Tua all you want, but to sit here and try to come up with reasons why Aaron Rodgers would be a bad idea is just ludicrous. Just say that you are certain Tua is the answer, that's fine.

Acquiring the reigning MVP and one of the top 2 QB's in the league would be a bad idea? In the immortal words of Joe Biden, C'mon Man!!!!
If it was as simple as signing Rodgers as a free agent it would probably be a no brainer, because you would know he’s as committed to you as you are committed to him, but once again, I say it’s not that simple for many reasons I’m sick of repeating.
You keep brushing off how difficult Rodgers is as a personality. At some point when someone has so many issues with so many different people, maybe it’s that person with the problem.

Five years ago, I MIGHT have been on the trade for Rodgers train. Although players (especially QBs - because of the "all QBs are sissies" rule) last longer in the league, Rodgers is still at the latter part of his career. We need a QB who can keep us in contention for a decade or so. Is Tua that guy? Personally, I don't think so - for various reasons. But he's a good enough game manager to keep us respectable and, perhaps, take us to a SB with a good supporting cast (Trent Dilfer, Mark Rypien, Eli Manning, EVEN ELWAY who did NOTHING without Terrell Davis). I think Tua has the skills, but I have reservations about his confidence and self-motivation. He definitely needs a supporting cast. Luckily, it looks like we have one and are continuing to build one. Aaron Rodgers has a single SB ring and he has spent his entire career (or the majority of it) with above average talent. Far more than ours over that span. Bringing Rodgers in would mean playoffs this year, but what beyond that??? THIS is Tua's season to prove. If he doesn't, then we need to contemplate a trade up for Sam Howell. He IS the real deal. I'd venture to say he is a bigger play maker than any QB in this past draft. He has less to work with than the big schools and is STILL exceptionally productive.
Finally, a level headed accessement.
We all want an elite QB for the next 10 15 years. Who would say no to that.
However our track record of drafting QB since Marino retirement, we were really bad at it.
Why not look for an established top flight level QB? That's all I am saying. Then people come back with mortgage the future...blah blah blah. We don't have a future if we don't have a top QB. And they are dead set Tua will be elite. They have a crystal ball I don't have.

rodgers is a weird ****ing dude and is a whiny bitch. Id have a hard time pulling for him on my team. With that said it makes sense.

I don't think it's a matter of giving up on Tua. It's more about Aaron Rodgers being available. If he wanted out of GB when Tannehill was here, the same types of hypotheticals would be being discussed. These threads aren't about hypothetically acquiring QB's like Carr, Cousins, Mayfield, Stafford, Goff, etc over Tua. I haven't seen a single post about that.

It's only because QB's of the elite caliber like Watson and Rodgers might be available that it's even a topic of conversation.
I certainly understand the discussions regarding trading for Watson or Rogers. They are both obviously better than Tua at this time. I just prefer to stick with Tua, keep all the draft picks and continue to build through the draft. Obviously I could be wrong in my belief that Tua is going to develop into a top tier NFL QB, but I am willing to see how he develops over the next few years instead of wanting to trade for either Rogers or Watson.

At age 70, I probably don’t have as much time as many others on here to sit around and wait for the Dolphins to get back to the SB. Yet hopefully I have enough time left to see Tua raising the SB trophy as the Dolphins QB.

rodgers is a weird ****ing dude and is a whiny bitch. Id have a hard time pulling for him on my team. With that said it makes sense.
He is highly intelligent and it isn’t uncommon for those with average intelligence including myself, to view him as slightly weird. As far as him being whiny is concerned. He came into the league and sat behind Farve for 3 years before getting his opportunity. I never heard of him complaining about sitting on the bench during those early years.

I really don’t see him as being a whiner. He appears to be more like Marino, Manning, and Brady. He demands excellence of those around him on the football field, including players and coaches. I see nothing wrong with that and don’t consider it as whining. As far as his issues with the Packers front office is concerned. Since he hasn’t come out and specifically state what his issues are, the media has tended to report the comments of the Packers front office and that has led to Rogers being seen negatively by many.

I think Rogers is an excellent QB and I wish the Dolphins had drafted him years ago. Yet at the point in the Dolphins rebuilding process and with Rogers age and salary, I just prefer the Dolphins to continue to build around Tua than trade for Rogers. I have no problem with those individuals who want to trade for Rogers, Watson, Wilson or any other QB they feel would be an upgrade over Tua. I just disagree with them but that certainly doesn’t make me right and them wrong. It’s simply a difference of opinion and opinions are what forums like this are all about.

Last edited:
So, just to be clear, in recent previous off seasons when hypothetically discussing how to possibly upgrade the QB position whether it be Tannehill, Fitzpatrick, Moore, Lemon, Green, Harrington, Henne, Beck, Culpepper, Cutler, or Frerotte, your stance has consistently been “they are our QB, deal with it?”
They are not Tua, the message board MVP.

He is highly intelligent and it isn’t uncommon for those with average intelligenceincluding myself, to view him as slightly weird. As far as him being whiny is concerned. He came into the league and sat behind Farve for 3 years before getting his opportunity. I never heard of him complaining about sitting on the bench during those early years.

I really don’t see him as being a whiner. He appears to be more like Marino, Manning, and Brady. He demands excellence of those around him on the football field, including players and coaches. I see nothing wrong with that and don’t consider it as whining. As far as his issues with the Packers front office is concerned. Since he hasn’t come out and specifically state what his issues are, the media has tended to report the comments of the Packers front office and that has led to Rogers being seen negatively by many.

I think Rogers is an excellent QB and I wish the Dolphins had drafted him years ago. Yet at the point in the Dolphins rebuilding process and with Rogers age and salary, I just prefer the Dolphins to continue to build around Tua than trade for Rogers. I have no problem with those individuals who want to trade for Rogers, Watson, Wilson or any other QB they feel would be an upgrade over Tua. I just disagree with them but that certainly doesn’t make me right and them wrong. It’s simply a difference of opinion and opinions are what forums like this are all about.
Wow, a logical argument. At least you didn't try to sell Rodgers as not good or a head case. Well thought out post.

I don't think it's a matter of giving up on Tua. It's more about Aaron Rodgers being available.
Nailed it. Or Watson if he clear up his mess.
Same with, if we want AR or DW, we must hate on Tua.

He looks fine on jeopardy to me.
In all seriously, how many 'weird dude' you worked with in your office? I know I have, and as long as they do their job, I don't give a damn.
Asked Marino, how many weird characters he worked with? They didn't go bar hopping after practice, but they had no problem working together on the field.

Who can argue with 'want a top QB for the next 10 years'.
However NFL today is about this year, and the next two years. You can not see anything beyond the next three years.
For arguments sake, Tua becomes top tier QB 2023. But our OL will all want a fat pay check around that time. Waddle , Long, and all others will look for a big contracts soon. Tua will definitely want a big contract as well. There is no way you can keep a dynasty team. For people who said about building a dynasty, it is a fantasy.
All our units are in a top tier level, I say get a top flight QB now, and take advantage of the two years window ahead of us.
Three years from now, no one knows anything.

Back
Top Bottom