SB ring in next two years, get Rodgers | Page 17 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

SB ring in next two years, get Rodgers

I certainly understand the discussions regarding trading for Watson or Rogers. They are both obviously better than Tua at this time. I just prefer to stick with Tua, keep all the draft picks and continue to build through the draft. Obviously I could be wrong in my belief that Tua is going to develop into a top tier NFL QB, but I am willing to see how he develops over the next few years instead of wanting to trade for either Rogers or Watson.

At age 70, I probably don’t have as much time as many others on here to sit around and wait for the Dolphins to get back to the SB. Yet hopefully I have enough time left to see Tua raising the SB trophy as the Dolphins QB.
Well, we are almost certainly following the plan of action you'd prefer. Trust me when I say that i hope the guy coming off a career threatening injury, a shaky rookie year, and coming from a school that hasn't produced an even below average NFL QB since Joe Namath 60 years ago turns out to be good if not great, but the odds are against him.

Who can argue with 'want a top QB for the next 10 years'.
However NFL today is about this year, and the next two years. You can not see anything beyond the next three years.
For arguments sake, Tua becomes top tier QB 2023. But our OL will all want a fat pay check around that time. Waddle , Long, and all others will look for a big contracts soon. Tua will definitely want a big contract as well. There is no way you can keep a dynasty team. For people who said about building a dynasty, it is a fantasy.
All our units are in a top tier level, I say get a top flight QB now, and take advantage of the two years window ahead of us.
Three years from now, no one knows anything.
Who says Rodgers adjusts to our offense and plays better than Tua this yr. Most qbs not named Brady hit the wall at about Rodgers age. We do not have many large contracts for the next few yrs, and a front office that wants to win now, but is also building something long-term. Rodgers is out running around with his girlfriend, Tua is in the gym working out.

Who says Rodgers adjusts to our offense and plays better than Tua this yr. Most qbs not named Brady hit the wall at about Rodgers age. We do not have many large contracts for the next few yrs, and a front office that wants to win now, but is also building something long-term. Rodgers is out running around with his girlfriend, Tua is in the gym working out.
Holy moly. Aaron Rodgers couldn’t adjust to our offense?? We have officially Lost our Tua minds. Good god. Would you like to make a gentleman’s bet that Aaron Rodgers plays better than Tua this year, regardless of what team he is on?

Poster for dumbest comment.

Read my posts. It's not as simple as just swapping in Rodgers for Tua. You are the one who clearly doesn't get it.
Hypothetically speaking, Why are you assuming Tua would even be part of a deal?

Hypothetically speaking, Why are you assuming Tua would even be part of a deal?
I’m not assuming that.My point is you’re not just plugging in Rodgers for Tua. There is compensation for Rodgers going to Green Bay, Rodgers’ age, Rodgers’ personality, and salary cap ramifications to consider. It’s not as simple as, Rodgers is better than Tua so Miami would be stupid not to do it.

Well, we are almost certainly following the plan of action you'd prefer. Trust me when I say that i hope the guy coming off a career threatening injury, a shaky rookie year, and coming from a school that hasn't produced an even below average NFL QB since Joe Namath 60 years ago turns out to be good if not great, but the odds are against him.
Obviously the Dolphins front office and coaching staff are following the plan I prefer. I could see a scenario where they decide to trade for Watson if Tua doesn’t improve dramatically in 2021 and the Texans haven’t already traded Watson. I just don’t see them trading for Rogers and based on the reports
in the media attributed to Rogers, he wants to be traded to a team out west.

I think the Dolphins are probably 3 years away from being a legitimate SB team, even with Rogers. I just don’t see them wanting to trade for a QB who will be over 40 before they have the talent to make a run at the SB. In that scenario, Watson would be the much better choice if Tua doesn’t work out.

By the way, how many QB’s from Clemson had any success in the last 60 years before Watson? None, but I guess that doesn’t fit into your belief just because Alabama hasn’t had a successful NFL QB since Namath, Tua will turn out to be a failure too.

It should also be noted that the University of Pittsburg has only had one decent QB to play in the NFL in its entire history and that was Marino. So implying that a QB will not have success in the NFL because of the college he attended makes no sense at all.

The last 2 great QBs that joined new teams were Manning and Brady, how’d their new teams do? I get that the circumstances are different, but the point is great a QB is a fit for ANY team.

This is just off season talk, it seems pretty clear to me that the Dolphins are all in on Tua. I don’t think Rodgers is even on our radar realistically.
Don't forget those guys were free agents, the new teams kept all their picks and players. Also, for every Manning and Brady there are plenty of Favres and Warners

It should also be noted that the University of Pittsburg has only had one decent QB to play in the NFL in its entire history and that was Marino. So implying that a QB will not have success in the NFL because of the college he attended makes no sense at all.
Yup, that's such a casual fan argument.

Obviously the Dolphins front office and coaching staff are following the plan I prefer. I could see a scenario where they decide to trade for Watson if Tua doesn’t improve dramatically in 2021 and the Texans haven’t already traded Watson. I just don’t see them trading for Rogers and based on the reports
in the media attributed to Rogers, he wants to be traded to a team out west.

I think the Dolphins are probably 3 years away from being a legitimate SB team, even with Rogers. I just don’t see them wanting to trade for a QB who will be over 40 before they have the talent to make a run at the SB. In that scenario, Watson would be the much better choice if Tua doesn’t work out.

By the way, how many QB’s from Clemson had any success in the last 60 years before Watson? None, but I guess that doesn’t fit into your belief just because Alabama hasn’t had a successful NFL QB since Namath, Tua will turn out to be a failure too.

The difference is that Watson has already proven he is an elite QB in the NFL, Tua hasn't (yet). Trust me when Tua earns it in the NFL I will be singing his praises from the rooftops.

I’m not assuming that.My point is you’re not just plugging in Rodgers for Tua. There is compensation for Rodgers going to Green Bay, Rodgers’ age, Rodgers’ personality, and salary cap ramifications to consider. It’s not as simple as, Rodgers is better than Tua so Miami would be stupid not to do it.
It's as simple as Rodgers is a top 2 QB in the NFL so Miami would be stupid not to do it for the right price. I'd offer X and a first and see what happens.

Don't forget those guys were free agents, the new teams kept all their picks and players. Also, for every Manning and Brady there are plenty of Favres and Warners
Also Brady and Manning both signed with teams that were loaded with talents and ready to win a SB. The fact is that the Broncos didn’t win the SB because they had Manning. They won that SB with defense, with a Manning playing the worst football of his career. During the SB year, he only played in 10 regular season games. He passed for just over 2200 yards in those games and had 9 TD throws and 17 interceptions.

In the SB game, Manning passed for 141 yards with no TD passes and one interception. The Broncos won the SB that year because of their defense and running game and in spite of the fact Manning was awful during the regular season and in the SB. Anyone who believes Manning was in anyway responsible for the Broncos winning that SB obviously doesn’t know much about the game of football.

Also Brady and Manning both signed with teams that were loaded with talents and ready to win a SB. The fact is that the Broncos didn’t win the SB because they had Manning. They won that SB with defense, with a Manning playing the worst football of his career. During the SB year, he only played in 10 regular season games. He passed for just over 2200 yards in those games and had 9 TD throws and 17 interceptions.

In the SB game, Manning passed for 141 yards with no TD passes and one interception. The Broncos won the SB that year because of their defense and running game and in spite of the fact Manning was awful during the regular season and in the SB. Anyone who believes Manning was in anyway responsible for the Broncos winning that SB obviously doesn’t know much about the game of football.
Gotcha, so Manning deserves no credit for making the Broncos better and for making 2 SBs in 3 years with them including 2013 when he won the NFL MVP award and passed for 55 TDs, but Rodgers deserves the blame for the Packers only making it to the SB once, and Tua deserves credit for the Dolphins being 10-6.

Tom Brady had 3 picks against the Packers in the NFC Championship game last year and benefitted from an Aaron Jones fumble inside his own 10, we should probably put an asterisk besides that as well.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom