Scapegoat Ryan | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Scapegoat Ryan

The play where Luck should have been sacked and escapes to complete a pass to our 20 epitomizes what you need to win in this league. You need a big play from your big players in crunch time to put your team in a position to win. When we run a play with Drake on 3rd and long and did not give our QB a chance to make a play, it tells you all you need to know about what Gase thought of Tannehill in this game. Maybe it was the fact that Tannehill was limited, clearly not 100% today, but those plays need to be made to win games..period. Problem is with the history of Tannehill's work, he has not produced in enough clutch situations to make this team a serious playoff contender. He is too inconsistent and in crunch time he fails to give his team an advantage.

Blaming a single individual is pointless .

Gase, Burke, Tannehill. None of them are good enough. Period.

Hahaha I'm not sayin Tannehill is great but some of you on here putting this loss on him ??? Hahaha get a clue. We know the quarterback he is, one of those throws when we were up 7 hit stills right on the hands but noone is callin for his head. Where tf has Stills been. Where was Caroo the rest of the game, all the kid does is make plays but I saw more of butler just free lancing all game

Hahahah come on guys let's get real. We are all upset we lost but this is clear poor play callin . Good teams win cus they have a good leader and I like gase but my God his play callin is very questionable. I put this all on him same way as the Bengals game. Put your players in a position to win. Wtf
I have not seen anybody blaming this loss on Ryan. :shrug:

I have not seen anybody blaming this loss on Ryan. :shrug:

Look harder.

This was a wonderfully done thread, regardless on whether it was intentional or not. It shows who is who.

This was one of the more frustrating losses in memory. Could Tannehill conceivably have done more? Yes. Was this loss on him? Absolutely not.

I don't think Gase has any confidence in Tanne's abilities. That's the only explanation I can think of for the continuous conservative play calling.

During Gase's tenure here his playcalling is based on limiting QB exposure, he won't let his QB sink or swim.

Tannehill managed that game perfectly...until it was time for him to take it over when we were backed up.

As a "For instance", 3rd and 9...Colts needing to get into FG range...BAM!!! Luck gets it done.

Tannehill should and could have attampted to make the same play....
And how would have done if it wad third and 9 and BAM....he handed the ball off.

You can't make plays you aren't allowed to take.

Gase always speaks highly of Tannehill, but his play calling even when Tanny is healthy always implies that he doesn't trust him in key moments. Gase is giving off mixed signals. You either trust him or you don't.

This game is on Gase but this game also confirms that Tannehill isn't the answer long term. He's not a closer, finisher, or winner whatever you want to call it, killer instincts, tannehill lacks it. He missed several throws today and got away with a horrifc deep pass to carroo.

I'm tired of settling with mediocrity which is Tannehill. He is seldom the reason why we lose but he is NEVER the reason why we win games.
The play where Luck should have been sacked and escapes to complete a pass to our 20 epitomizes what you need to win in this league. You need a big play from your big players in crunch time to put your team in a position to win. When we run a play with Drake on 3rd and long and did not give our QB a chance to make a play, it tells you all you need to know about what Gase thought of Tannehill in this game. Maybe it was the fact that Tannehill was limited, clearly not 100% today, but those plays need to be made to win games..period. Problem is with the history of Tannehill's work, he has not produced in enough clutch situations to make this team a serious playoff contender. He is too inconsistent and in crunch time he fails to give his team an advantage.

i dont care if you have a backup in you picked up off the couch a week before the game, you throw the ball and throw it vertically on that last drive...the "this shows what gase thinks of tannehill" narrative is bs, all it shows is that gase is a gutless ***** who doesnt know what the hell hes doing

And how would have done if it wad third and 9 and BAM....he handed the ball off.

You can't make plays you aren't allowed to take.
Is Tannehill "allowed" to check out of a play? He played a good game, but at least two first downs were needed there to at least get it into overtime. He has to make that play(s).

I've never said that Tannehill was a bum...unless using it to lash at one of supporters. I've always stood on that he was an Average Joe that we could win with, but not win "due to".

That was evident today.

we have now seen the same offense with 3 different qbs playing, the same exact offense to a tee....it isnt that gase doesnt trust the qbs its that his whole offensive scheme is flawed and he has a losers play not to lose mentality

gase is one of the key issues with this team, hes a stubborn prick who thinks he knows better than everyone else

we have now seen the same offense with 3 different qbs playing, the same exact offense to a tee....it isnt that gase doesnt trust the qbs its that his whole offensive scheme is flawed and he has a losers play not to lose mentality

gase is one of the key issues with this team, hes a stubborn prick who thinks he knows better than everyone else
Agreed, I think Gase needs to go, and whoever comes in here is not going to want Tannehill as the QB. Has there ever been a QB who has made it through 4 coaching changes in the NFL?

Not putting 100% of the blame on Tannehill; but when you throw for 25 yards in an entire half of football (note: zero yards to a WR in the second half, that is difficult to do in today's NFL) you will not win many games.

They really have to clear house. Cut Tannehill (13 million in dead cap space) next year, cut Reshad Jones (eating a cool 23 million in dead cap space), get in a new coach & general manager, and give them a few years to put this in the right direction. Make it known to the next regime to treat 2019 what it will be, a rebuild year (note, also eating over 10 million in dead cap space for Suh).

Tannehill does have a place in the league, but his days of making 20+ million a year as a starter are probably over; actually they never should have occurred. But when your owner is nearly 80 years old it makes more sense to go with stopgap measures than thinking of a rebuild.

This is a great point! Another poster put it perfectly in another thread.......in that you can't have a coach who plays to lose. The play calling down the stretch was playing to lose...period. I would have rather turned RT loose and risk him throwing a pick than lose the way we did.

Back
Top Bottom