Raiders - ?
Colts - ?
Bucs - L
Jags - W
Falcons - W
Bills - L
Texans - W
Ravens - ?
Jets - W (split - they may be good enough to get a split)
Panthers - W
Giants - ?
Jets - L
Saints - W
Titans - L
Pats - W

Anything between 12 - 5 and 8 - 9...

The start is tough, but overall I think the schedule is really set in Miami’s favor. I see 11-12 wins and the playoffs. There’s one REALLY good thing and 1 REALLY bad thing about this schedule.

The Good- It’s been a loooong ass time since Miami plays their last possible cold weather game in mid-to-late November. It’s going to be SO NICE not dealing with a late December road game in NY/Buf/NE. It lines up perfectly because Miami really needs to stack up some wins on the 2nd half of that schedule.

The Bad- It’s been a long time since a schedule release has made me livid but I’m mad as hell over the fact that Miami only has 2 prime time games. ZERO on Sunday night, the 1 mandatory Thursday Night game and 1 road MNF game. Miami is coming off a 10 win season, returns the majority of a Top 5 ranked Defense that should be even better than it was last year, a fan base that travels EXTREMELY well, a high profile, top 5 pick at QB entering his 2nd year and Waddle could easily turn out to be the most electrifying playmaker in the rookie class. Despite our struggles during the post Marino era, we’re still one of the most storied franchises in the league and play in one of the NFL’s premier markets, and all we can squeeze out of that is 2 prime time games and zero SNF or MNF home games? I’m sorry, but that’s absolute bullshit. I haven’t even looked yet, but I’m sure when I look at a team like Dallas or the Rams, I’ll see teams coming off worse seasons than Miami, and who probably don’t project to be as good as Miami this year, yet they’ll have double the amount of games in prime time. Miami got shafted BIG TIME.

The first 5 games will tell us if the hype about this team is correct. The Pats game is the easiest but last year they couldnt tackle Cam. Indy at home is a tough matchup because their Oline can exploit the run defense. At Vegas is a tossup but winning on the road there will be tough.
A 2-3 start is respectable.
The 2 key games will be the road games at the Saints and Titans.

I must have read wrong. We got 6 weeks to prepare for Pitts. Was Pitts all hype?
We will spend none of that time preparing for Pitts, until the week between game 5 and game 6, lol.

I am much more concerned with Calvin Ridley and Julio (if Julio is still healthy in week 6).

Back
Top Bottom