Screw Steve Young! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Screw Steve Young!

Jezus Kryst, stop whining!! Who cares what anyone says??

Honestly, it comes off really pathetic and childish when people resort to the "Well, my dad could beat up your dad"/Marino-Young thing. Steve Young's probably going to the Hall of Fame. I'm sure being "half the QB Dan Marino was" will really weight on his mind then. Not!!

But to the point, Steve Young was right. Where have we proven that we are a strong-minded team in the clutch?? Was it the double-choke job against New England?? Was it the poor tackling performance against Philly?? How about the poor tackling choke job against Houston?? Sure looked great at Tennessee. I think we lost getting off the plane. And our defense really looked great when Tim Hasselbeck ripped them apart.

Even Zach would mention how when things would get bad vs the Jets, guys would look around like "Oh man, here it comes again".

Until we prove otherwise, Steve Young is dead on. It's up to us to prove otherwise. We are nowhere near New England as far as mental toughness goes.

The fins aren't weak minded, their just a bunch of pu$$ies. They have done nothing to deserve being defended.

Better coached like the Patsies and An mix up the play call s like the Patsies did for different games with talent we have we would be in Houston this week and we would win the SB that is my opinion. I know the O-line was bad but with better coaching they might would do a little better.

The hell with what you said Muck. Don't tell me what I can and can't say. If someone disses my team on TV, I'm going to be pi$$ed.

I don't care if your'e a mod or not, if you don't like what I say, don't read it.

Please Muck, spare me. I agree with Wannstedt on this one fact. It is a huge game when you lose and just another when you win. Why is it when we lose to the Texans, it was a big game. However, we beat the Jets the next week and no one mentions how that was a big game? Had we lost that one, would we have then lost another big game? It is all relative. Beating Buffalo to stay alive for the playoffs was a big game, but again, no one likes to talk about those.

Could we do better against the top teams in the league? Sure, however I also don't feel were are as good as those teams so losing to them really isn't anything surprising. Dissapointing yes, but not surprising.

Like I said, I could care less would Steve Young says on tv. I just don't like the guy personally for my own reasons. However, I don't really buy the argument that Miami can't win a big game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by Samphin
Pleae Muck, spare me. I agree with Wannstedt on this one fact. It is a huge game when you lose and just another when you win. Why is it when we lose to the Texans, it was a big game. However, we beat the Jets the next week and no one mentions how that was a big game? Had we lost that one, would we have then lost another big game? It is all relative. Beating Buffalo to stay alive for th eplayoffs was a big game, but again, no one likes to talk about those.

Could we do better against the top teams in the league? Sure, however I also don't fele were are as good as those teams so losing to them really isn't anything surprising. Dissapointing yes, but not surprising.

Like I said, I could care less would Steve Young says on tv. I just don't like the guy personally for my own reasons. Hopwever, I don't really buy the argument that Miami can't win a big game.
8-1 against non-playoff teams
2-5 against playoff teams(one of those wins came against the Ravens, a horrid road team)

Originally posted by DolphinDevil28
The hell with what you said Muck. Don't tell me what I can and can't say. If someone disses my team on TV, I'm going to be pi$$ed.

I don't care if your'e a mod or not, if you don't like what I say, don't read it.

I'm not telling you what to do man. Go back and re-read my post. I'm sorry you felt I was ordering you around. That was not my intent. I was just saying how silly the whole thing is.

But telling ME not to read everything?? Are you serious?? That's my job!!

I suggest you check that attitude at the door my freind. Tonight is not the night to mess with me.

Originally posted by CirclingWagons
8-1 against non-playoff teams
2-5 against playoff teams(one of those wins came against the Ravens, a horrid road team)

I am aware of my own teams record there Circling. Don't disparage our wins either.:lol: As they say, a win is a win is a win. Who cares if they are a horrible road team?

Like I said as well, Miami wasn't an elite team so that really doesn't surprise me with that record. Sure, its disapointing but not surprising. What my point is, was that people tend to make the losses the big games and the ones we win as nothing more than footnotes. I can think of one game where the team didn't show up (Tennesee). Every other game they played hard and were in it until the fourth quarter, if not beyond.

The fact that we beat a Bills team early on that looked like it was going to steamroll through the league doesn't make it any less of a big game that the Bills chariot turned out to be nothing more than a pumpkin. Miami went into that game and put out a fire (110!) and finished on a big game. They beat the Bills again later in the season to keep their playoffs hopes alive. They also, ended December on positives notes when they really had nothing to play for ( the Jets game specifically). So again, I see a team that can win BIG games, just doesn't have the talent and/or coaching to win against the elite teams. Although, judging by how hard they played those teams, they aren't far off.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Dolphins shouldn't have a lick of swagger. Right now there the longest running joke in the NFL, with a punchline that just reads September to December.

Originally posted by Noland
Sometimes I get the feeling that the dolphins get the swager that we are a better team than you then we get beat.

That swagger has haunted us for a while and was extrememly evident week 1, remember the Houston game ??

All this "Mental Toughness" crap is just that...............CRAP.

Give the Fins a better QB and a better O-Line and then we'll see how much more "Mentally Tough" they are.

I am sorry, but that term, "Mentally Tough" is so stupid.

Originally posted by Samphin
Please Muck, spare me. I agree with Wannstedt on this one fact. It is a huge game when you lose and just another when you win. Why is it when we lose to the Texans, it was a big game. However, we beat the Jets the next week and no one mentions how that was a big game? Had we lost that one, would we have then lost another big game? It is all relative. Beating Buffalo to stay alive for th eplayoffs was a big game, but again, no one likes to talk about those.

Could we do better against the top teams in the league? Sure, however I also don't fele were are as good as those teams so losing to them really isn't anything surprising. Dissapointing yes, but not surprising.

Like I said, I could care less would Steve Young says on tv. I just don't like the guy personally for my own reasons. However, I don't really buy the argument that Miami can't win a big game.

I wasn't addressing you really. But I stand by what I said. I don't think we're the weakest minded team in the league. And that's not what Steve Young meant either. He was talking about "pretenders". And that's exactly what we are. We've been a big tease for awhile now. We do win some big games. But we don't win enough of them. And you can't deny that. All this talk of "almost 13-3" wouldn't be talk if we were tougher mentally (i.e. executed).

You can claim that it's because of a lack of talent....and you'd be right. "Mental toughness" is a talent IMO. "Leadership" is a talent IMO. All those mental things are talents IMO. And we lack them especially on offense.

All I know I love the dolphins it dont matter what anybody says I am a dolphins fan for life.

All I got from were I am from is Cowboy fans and Redskins fans and it pisses me off because I hate both of them.

Back
Top Bottom